KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » DC's toughest reality warpers Vs Marvel's

DC's toughest reality warpers Vs Marvel's
Started by: Prep-Man

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Drakon09
Restricted

Account Restricted

DC

Old Post Jan 21st, 2014 02:32 PM
Drakon09 is currently offline Click here to Send Drakon09 a Private Message Find more posts by Drakon09 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
^ She merged 3 timelines into one timeline... And she needed Barry's [albeit undefined] help to do so.

That said, Pandora is one of the weakest characters in this thread.

Not anymore. Pandora can create/destroy Multiverses on a whim now.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2014 08:42 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

^ No, she can't.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Sep 19th, 2014 10:08 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by Galan007
^ No, she can't.

That's what one of her aspects said. Was there special circumstances?

Old Post Sep 19th, 2014 10:26 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I'll take Gluttony's word with a grain of salt until I see the feat preformed on panel. /shrug

Now, Pandora stated that every time she killed her aspects(which she'd previously perceived as The 7 Deadly Sins), the multiverse essentially collapsed and started anew--similar to the cycle of Ragnarok, but on a much larger scale:
http://i.imgur.com/GqmJqQP.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/RrXlq3J.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Msw7FPr.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/3Bxzl3n.jpg

When Pandora reabsorbed said aspects back into herself, she effectively stopped the cycle and allowed the multiverse to flourish without this potential destruction looming over it.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2014 11:44 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

quiet you. no one cares. only operator's opinion matters here. shifty

Old Post Sep 20th, 2014 12:23 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GroggyGrunt

Originally posted by abhilegend
Thor was modeled after superman but isn't a clone.

No offense, but this is one of the silliest claims ever. big grin

Old Post Sep 20th, 2014 12:46 AM
GroggyGrunt is currently offline Click here to Send GroggyGrunt a Private Message Find more posts by GroggyGrunt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by leonidas
quiet you. no one cares. only operator's opinion matters here. shifty
(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 20th, 2014 12:50 AM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

laughing out loud

Originally posted by Golgo13
bump for Operator!

shifty

Old Post Sep 20th, 2014 03:56 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by GroggyGrunt
No offense, but this is one of the silliest claims ever. big grin

What? When Stan himself said so?

Old Post Sep 20th, 2014 04:12 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

WTF does this Stan know, Greg Pak is the only prophet I follow.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2014 04:16 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GroggyGrunt

Stan says a lot of things.

"Lee in 2002 described Thor's genesis early in the Marvel pantheon, following the creation of the Hulk:

[H]ow do you make someone stronger than the strongest person? It finally came to me: Don't make him human — make him a god. I decided readers were already pretty familiar with the Greek and Roman gods. It might be fun to delve into the old Norse legends... Besides, I pictured Norse gods looking like Vikings of old, with the flowing beards, horned helmets, and battle clubs. ...Journey into Mystery needed a shot in the arm, so I picked Thor ... to headline the book. After writing an outline depicting the story and the characters I had in mind, I asked my brother, Larry, to write the script because I didn't have time. ...and it was only natural for me to assign the penciling to Jack Kirby..."

So I'm going to go ahead and follow the logic that the Hammer-wielding Asgardian Lightning-God called Thor was modeled after the Hammer-wielding Asgardian Lightning-God called Thor.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2014 08:14 PM
GroggyGrunt is currently offline Click here to Send GroggyGrunt a Private Message Find more posts by GroggyGrunt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CatL18

By the way, How many time lines does DC has?
Pandra merged three time lines with one.
But, I heared that each universe has divergent timelines.
H'el created countless time lines.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2014 07:02 AM
CatL18 is currently offline Click here to Send CatL18 a Private Message Find more posts by CatL18 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Yes. It actually reeks of a hate+desperation combo from an objective viewpoint.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2014 10:09 AM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Didn't stan lee wanted to call thor, Super-God in the beginning? Also he has this Captain Marvel human-god thing going on, the red cape, flight strength etc. I think it was inspired by Thor from the norse myth, Captain Marvel (the transformation) and Superman.

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Sep 21st, 2014 10:19 AM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Originally posted by Hulkbuster1
DC would win hands down for many factors but the biggest deciding factor is their originality which marvel severely lacks, also dc was first and marvel copy/steals their ideas:
presence/spector=one above all
dr. polaris=magneto
dr. manhattan=dr. strange
thor=superman
sentry=superman
gladator=superman
iron man=batman
abstracts=dc death,time,space,love entities.
thanos=darkseid
ideas to implement real god than marvel copied
sub-mariner=aquaman
besides the fact that during a golf course meeting dc was discussing ideas of cosmic heros to marvel writers than few months later fantastic four were born.
only thing dc copied was galactus=imperiex and debatable hulk=doomsday.

WTF are you on.
as a name Marvel existed before DC http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel_Mystery_Comics both companies and their creations have been around as long as each other.
The idea of one true god/supremem being predates any fiction ever written.
Manhattan is nothing like Strange, one is magic and one is science based and completely different power set. Never mind the fact that Dr Strange first appeared 18 years before Dr Manhattan was even a concept in the mind of Alan Moore.
Thor has very little in common with Superman.
Iron Man even less with Batman.
Superman himself was a copy of another character from a 1930 novel called Gladiator.
Namor's first appearance was two years before Aquaman (who appeared in 1941's More Fun Comics 73 while Namor appeared in who first appeared in the number one issue of the Marvel mystery comics I linked above in 39.

The fact is most of the comics creations you've mentioned weren't created by comics companies but by comics writers who worked for both companies but signed deals to get better payed that gave their creations to the parent company they created them for. Many were actually created by the same people for both

I hate it when people carry on as though any one publisher is better than the other on some creative stance. NONE of them do it any bloody differently.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2014 11:17 AM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

^Never try to talk sense to anyone with 'Hulk' in their name smile

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Sep 21st, 2014 11:19 AM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Originally posted by krisblaze
^Never try to talk sense to anyone with 'Hulk' in their name smile

Yeah I should know better but I only got a couple of posts into the thread, saw that and already had a bee in my but.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2014 11:37 AM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Re: DC's toughest reality warpers Vs Marvel's

Originally posted by Golgo13
This isn't a team fight. Here are the matchups...

Marquis of Death

vs

Hourman 1M

HOM Wanda

vs

World's Funnest Mxy

Legion

vs

Pandora

vs

Molecule Man

vs

TAO

MoD , Hourman 1 Million really isn't a reality warper. He was never shown (that I recall) using the full power of the Worlogog only the portion he kept of it. The only reality warping feats with it, I'm aware if required more and were performed by Extant

I'd give the second one to MXY.

As o the four way comes down to IMO Tao and Legion with Legion taking line honors (maybe close )

Old Post Sep 21st, 2014 11:42 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by GroggyGrunt
Stan says a lot of things.

"Lee in 2002 described Thor's genesis early in the Marvel pantheon, following the creation of the Hulk:

[H]ow do you make someone stronger than the strongest person? It finally came to me: Don't make him human — make him a god. I decided readers were already pretty familiar with the Greek and Roman gods. It might be fun to delve into the old Norse legends... Besides, I pictured Norse gods looking like Vikings of old, with the flowing beards, horned helmets, and battle clubs. ...Journey into Mystery needed a shot in the arm, so I picked Thor ... to headline the book. After writing an outline depicting the story and the characters I had in mind, I asked my brother, Larry, to write the script because I didn't have time. ...and it was only natural for me to assign the penciling to Jack Kirby..."

So I'm going to go ahead and follow the logic that the Hammer-wielding Asgardian Lightning-God called Thor was modeled after the Hammer-wielding Asgardian Lightning-God called Thor.

Eh, wikipedia? Here is Stan's interview as a whole.

quote:
From "Origins of Marvel Comics":

"Look at it this way: Suppose you had a newly created stable of superstars which consisted of a teenager who could burst into flame and fly through the air, a stretchable scientist with skin like Silly Putty, his ofttimes invisible lady love, and a multimuscled misfit with lumpy orange skin-to say nothing of a wall -crawling Wunderkind and a jolly green giant-what in the name of comicdom assembled would you do for an encore? Sure, we were always striving for variety, but now it was getting ridiculous."

He continues two paragraphs down:

"But what was left to invent? Who could be stronger than The Hulk? Who could be smarter than Mr Fantastic? We already had a kid who could fly, one who could walk on walls and ceilings, and a female who could fade away whenever danger threatened-or whenever the artist ran out of ink. As you can see, we were hooked on superlatives at that time, always trying to come up with characters who were bigger, better, stronger. However, we had painted ourselves into a corner. The only one who could top the heroes we already had would Super-God, but I didn't think the world was quite ready for that concept just yet. So, it was back to the ol' drawing board."

If you think he was trying to make Thor stronger than Hulk, you might as well conclude that Thor was smarter than reed richards. Do you think that was the case?
Originally posted by Epicurus
Yes. It actually reeks of a hate+desperation combo from an objective viewpoint.

Lulz.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2014 01:05 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote