KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Marvel Studios Phase 2!

Marvel Studios Phase 2!
Started by: Entity

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Looks like one.

IMO the best approach to handling Thanos is having him be the Darth Sidious of marvel cinematic universe. Having this agenda and getting things in motion from the shadows. He gets exposed at the end of the 2nd movie for a darker ending and cliffhanger and then we get to him in the 3rd movie.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Jun 17th, 2013 04:15 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Looks like one.

IMO the best approach to handling Thanos is having him be the Darth Sidious of marvel cinematic universe. Having this agenda and getting things in motion from the shadows. He gets exposed at the end of the 2nd movie for a darker ending and cliffhanger and then we get to him in the 3rd movie.
Eh, I'm okay with him showing up about midway through and trashing the Avengers. Then the rest of the movie could either deal with the Avengers needing to find a way to beat him; it could even bleed over into a 3rd movie. Either way, as long as Thanos is portrayed true to his comic character, I won't really care how it goes.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Jun 17th, 2013 04:36 AM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

i think Thanos being a mastermind controlling everything from the shadows would be great characterization for his movie counterpart.

Then again I am not a member of Thanos's death club so I don't know all about him and his history. Perhaps a hardcore Thanos fan can join the discussion?

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Jun 17th, 2013 06:45 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Igniz
I reign supreme!

Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
Wait, what? I thought Avengers 2 was supposed to feature Thanos....This is a shop isnt it....

Joss Whedon confirms Thanos isn't the main villain in Avengers 2.

http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/ne...gers-thanos.php

quote:
When asked why this intergalactic conqueror should be a concern for a team as powerful as the Avengers, Whedon replied, “Well, Thanos is more powerful. He is so powerful he is not someone you can just try out and punch him. Like he did in the comics, you want him to be threading through the universe and to save the big finale for the big finale. But he is definitely part of what I have going on.”

I'm the CEO of NEST!
Respect Chaos King Fear The Dread Dormammu Surtur Carnivore

Old Post Jun 17th, 2013 09:10 AM
Igniz is currently offline Click here to Send Igniz a Private Message Find more posts by Igniz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Entity
Illuminati Founder

Originally posted by Igniz

YES!!! eek!

Best news I've heard since the end of Avengers. Thanos is awesome but way to much for the movie Avengers right now. And really if you do Thanos whats next?

Thanos should be saved for an epic grand finale. No sooner than atleast the third major Avengers film.

If not an even larger grand scale massive Marvel Universe movie. eek!

If we get to Avengers 3 without screwing it up along the way. *cough*Ironman3*cough*
It'll probably never ever get bigger than that but hell a comic dork can dream. cool

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Old Post Jun 18th, 2013 05:18 PM
Entity is currently offline Click here to Send Entity a Private Message Find more posts by Entity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Whedon has said many things.. Not going to believe any of them until I start seeing photos from the set

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 18th, 2013 06:42 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DragonRider19
Kurt Phucking Angle

I hope they do Ultron for Avengers 2. I doubt it just because Ant man won't show up until phase 3.

It is to soon for thanos though that's for sure, although I think we might see him fight in the GotG

The Ankle Butcher, Patriotic Entity,
Earths Mightiest Hero, KURT PHUCKING ANGLE.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2013 01:58 AM
DragonRider19 is currently offline Click here to Send DragonRider19 a Private Message Find more posts by DragonRider19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Didn't Daredevil and all associated characters, including Elektra just revert to Marvel?

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Jun 19th, 2013 03:14 AM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Darth Jello
Didn't Daredevil and all associated characters, including Elektra just revert to Marvel?

yep.. but Marvel won;t redo Daredevil for at least a few years though

Old Post Jun 19th, 2013 04:24 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

The man is back.. Iron Man that is.. RDJ signed on for Avengers 2 and 3

http://www.superherohype.com/news/a...-avengers-2-a-3

Old Post Jun 20th, 2013 06:49 PM
BruhMan
World Champion

Hey guys just let it roll around in your brain for a bit, what would you guys think of Brad Pitt as Hank Pym?

Old Post Jun 20th, 2013 06:50 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by JayDaDon
Hey guys just let it roll around in your brain for a bit, what would you guys think of Brad Pitt as Hank Pym?

too old, maybe if he were 10-15 years younger , but he could certainly pull it off

Old Post Jun 20th, 2013 06:52 PM
BruhMan
World Champion

He's about RDJ's age right? Which works because isn't Pym more in Tony/Reed's age range? What got me really considering Pitt is imagining the epic back and forth's between Pitt's Pym and RDJ's Stark.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2013 06:56 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

Also, a name like Pitt attached to Ant-man would skyrocket the hypetrain.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2013 06:58 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Well they've already started on Ant-Man why change now

and footage has been leaked from last years comic-con.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2013 06:24 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

Strange that they haven't announced the lead yet since they've already started filming

Old Post Jun 21st, 2013 04:09 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Here's the test footage reel they showed

http://ap2hyc.com/?p=3815

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2013 02:51 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by JayDaDon
He's about RDJ's age right? Which works because isn't Pym more in Tony/Reed's age range? What got me really considering Pitt is imagining the epic back and forth's between Pitt's Pym and RDJ's Stark.

Pitt's a few years older, but yea i agree

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2013 03:39 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Its far too early for the greatest character in comics to make his film debut. Dc should be taking notes on how this is done.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2013 04:01 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Originally posted by Kazenji
Here's the test footage reel they showed

http://ap2hyc.com/?p=3815
(please log in to view the image)

That was BADASS!

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2013 04:18 AM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote