KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » I hate Star Wars now

I hate Star Wars now
Started by: coolmovies

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
The fuuuu...

No ANH scene with CGI Jabba? Original Boba Fett voice? Original Emperor hologram? Yub Nub song on Endor? "Bring my shuttle"? No stupid CGI Max Reebo band?

Where the effin H did you find this and why have I never seen it before?

Lol there was a DVD release years ago with original versions on like Disc 2. Search Amazon and you can still find them.

Aren't you a grown man?

Oh jeez this cracked me up.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2019 10:32 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Aren't you a grown man?
**** yes I am. I guess you believe passion for fantasy dies when you reach adulthood. Lemming.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2019 02:30 AM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

laughing out loud

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2019 08:13 AM
Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Lol there was a DVD release years ago with original versions on like Disc 2. Search Amazon and you can still find them.
Well cool beans!

Originally posted by quanchi112
**** yes I am. I guess you believe passion for fantasy dies when you reach adulthood. Lemming.
I think I'll leave the over-the-top, sycophantic, man-childish passion for bland corporate franchises to you. You seem like their target market.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2019 05:46 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Pretty much any mention of Star Wars these days just brings on involuntary nausea. sick

Old Post Nov 21st, 2019 03:50 PM
Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Whenever someone mentions ST I think of how beautiful the original 3 movies are smile

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2019 01:16 PM
Click here to Send Dude111 a Private Message Find more posts by Dude111 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

"Hate" is perhaps a strong word, since I never felt particularly passionate about it in any way previously, but I'm perhaps more indifferent towards it now because I just expect the story and writing to suck huge balls.

So there's not really much reason to be very worked up about it.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2019 04:14 PM
Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

How can anyone like what was done to the original 3 movies???

Old Post Dec 14th, 2019 10:44 AM
Click here to Send Dude111 a Private Message Find more posts by Dude111 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by Dude111
How can anyone like what was done to the original 3 movies???
You mean all the Lucas tampering?

No... noooo!

Old Post Dec 16th, 2019 11:24 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Yup thats exactly what I mean..... Its disgusting and unpure!!!

Old Post Dec 29th, 2019 01:28 AM
YousufKhan1212
Restricted

Account Restricted

The OP probably hates Star Wars even more now.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2019 03:10 PM
Click here to Send YousufKhan1212 a Private Message Find more posts by YousufKhan1212 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by JediRobin23
Special edition wasn't as bad. Changes in the Bluray edition, destroyed it

thumb up

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2020 07:37 AM
Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

I grew up with the Special Editions (born in 92 so... yeah)

The DVD or Blu Ray versions were what annoyed me. Just shoehorn Haydn Christiansen into a film about redemption because that's when he was a good guy (wait he wasn't, he was good when he threw the empire down a pit and Luke spoke to him then and remembered him then... **** it)

But now check this out:

It's almost like watching the Star Wars sequels. I feel dead inside.

Last Edited by Blakemore on Jan 1st, 2000, at 00:00 AM

Old Post Mar 24th, 2022 07:43 AM
Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

That little video is a technical achievement for amateur filmmakers, but goddamn does it just miss the f*cking point.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2022 03:00 AM
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Obi wan was too old to defeat Vader, but did it until he saw Luke watching and knew that his death would give Luke strength. He turns off his lightsaber and accepts his death because the force would go into Luke. Even a little kid like me could see that.

What's even funnier is that there was never a moment like that in the prequels proving that Lucas didn't get the point of that scene either.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2022 07:12 PM
Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

It also ties in with the fight in RotJ where Luke doesn't kill Vader because only a sith would do that.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2022 03:28 PM
YAYIMAGOD2323

imo disney shouldve kept the legends/EU universe and expanded upon it, but I guess it wouldve interrupted the new canon theyre setting up

Old Post May 28th, 2022 10:27 AM
Click here to Send YAYIMAGOD2323 a Private Message Find more posts by YAYIMAGOD2323 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

When I was a kid, looking at the poster of RotJ, I thought it meant Luke becomes a Jedi by defeating Darth Vader. When in fact, Darth Vader returns as a Jedi and saves his son from the evil emperor, sacrificing himself.

Lucas must've been told this idea and thought it would make a good film, as long as he could put ewoks in it so we don't have to pay attention to the love story between Han and Leia, which he obviously missed.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2022 12:18 AM
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by YAYIMAGOD2323
imo disney shouldve kept the legends/EU universe and expanded upon it, but I guess it wouldve interrupted the new canon theyre setting up

If they respected all the books of the EU as canon, they could be no surprises going forward for movie audiences. And you couldn't do movies dedicated to the novels set 5-10 years after ROTJ because you would have to de-age the actors so much for the entire film length. I basically went along with them reclassifying the canon novels as Legends, and now they are slowly working that material into the new movies and TV shows in new ways to surprise us.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2023 06:53 PM
Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

thumb up

Old Post Nov 6th, 2023 04:36 PM
Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote