KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Animations / CGI » Cartoon Comparison Thread

Cartoon Comparison Thread
Started by: marwash22

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

1. YJ
2. LoK
3. TCats

Korra was awesome, but I give it to YJ 'cause we got a Flash family plot and it was dope, even better than the Bat family episode.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2012 08:06 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

When was the Bat-family episode? and yes the Flash-Fam was awesome. So...when are we going to see some speedforce?

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2012 08:04 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

"Alienated". The ep wasn't entirely focused on the Bat family, but we got to see them all working together on screen at the same time. We also got to see Supes/Connor and Wondy/Cassie working toegther in that ep.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2012 09:44 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
So...when are we going to see some speedforce?
dunno, but i do hope they touch on it.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2012 09:45 PM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

I just say the 3 tie.

Thundercats is making for an interesting story and I like the setting and the people of it. And of course there is the moral dilemma of what to do. On the other hand, it makes Tygra look too good for my tastes.

Young Justice had some interesting twists(I guess...still not sure what is going on) but I just don't care for that fish head guy. And it sucked that my favorite(for the moment) didn't get to do anything. And then there was that fake opening that anyone could see through.

Korra was good for the reveals in the flashback and it's always cool to see Amon. I was hoping Tarrlok would stick around to play chess with Amon but so much for that. The flashback was neato and Bei-Fong is just always fun to watch. But the show's too fast for it's own good pacing and the fact that Mako is still really unlikable(and still serving no purpose in the story) does wear down the quality.

Meh.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2012 03:38 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

I think there was I tie as well. So Aura is your favorite character Wally or someone else in YJ? Superboy must have the patience of a saint to not have beaten the piss out of Lagoon Boy by now; his reason for the break-up was also predictable. I also wonder if Roy flipped everyone off when he found Speedy.

Well Korra was only meant to run for about 12 episodes so the fast pacing is understandable. Though I like how the Avatar State is so far the only counter to blood-bending aside from another waterbender that knows the skill.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2012 04:06 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Argh, the stupid ******* copyright guys found my favourite site for watching shows. Now I have to wait for other, crappier sites to get off their asses and post the episodes.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2012 04:09 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

....I actually can't really believe it myself but I like Superboy the most. Which is odd, cause I don't care for Superman(though I'm told they're not alike).

Yeah but it's no longer just 12 episodes. I hate when things are paced too fast.

"There is a lot you don't know about me Avatar..."

*Next episode she and the audience find out pretty much everything about him*

Originally posted by Nephthys
Argh, the stupid ******* copyright guys found my favourite site for watching shows. Now I have to wait for other, crappier sites to get off their asses and post the episodes.

Eh. What can ya do?

Old Post Jun 9th, 2012 04:10 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

I guess Superboy is a favorite of sorts now considering he's been in almost every episode save for the last two.

Having a season finale this early is a pretty big drag.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2012 04:22 PM
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Originally posted by TheAuraAngel
Young Justice had some interesting twists(I guess...still not sure what is going on) but I just don't care for that fish head guy. And it sucked that my favorite(for the moment) didn't get to do anything. And then there was that fake opening that anyone could see through.
gotta call bs that you saw that coming. I didn't by that she was dead (for good) either, but i seriously doubt you or anyone else saw through the entire ruse.

1. Korra.
2. YJ.
3. Tcats.

LoK is really working well as a mystery whereas TLA was more straightforward and action-packed in terms of plot. Loved the flashback in this episode. Hopefully this is leading to Korra actually becoming more spiritual so we can finally get to see Aang's spirit manifest and guide her.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2012 10:47 PM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Killing character doesn't get done that way lol. Sure I suppose I didn't see that one guy being good. Course, I'm still trying to remember who the ruse was for.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2012 11:31 PM
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

it was to convince everyone she was dead so that kal could be fully accepted/trusted by his dad, which would allow him to further infiltrate the Light.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2012 11:53 PM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

For some reason I doubt that would work.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2012 12:02 AM
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

the convincing part? or the infiltration part?

Old Post Jun 10th, 2012 12:13 AM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Both lol.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2012 12:17 AM
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

laughing out loud

Well, Conner has no clue and his anger should be enough to convince everyone else.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2012 12:20 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I don't know why you think it wouldn't work Aura. It was the perfect move for infiltration imo. Plus his capture of Lagoon Boy makes him look extra sincere.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2012 12:37 AM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Originally posted by Nephthys
Yeah, I don't know why you think it wouldn't work Aura. It was the perfect move for infiltration imo. Plus his capture of Lagoon Boy makes him look extra sincere.

It's generally a rule of thumb: Whoever has revealed their plan to the audience first is very likely to have it fail. At least, that's how I see it.

That and the villains seem pretty smart. And I dunno if they have anyone on their end who can read minds but if they did, wouldn't that put a huge hole in their plan? Since they could read Aqualad's mind?

Old Post Jun 10th, 2012 12:51 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Sure, but in-universe it went smooooooothly.

Just Psimon I think. But I bet that helmet can protect him from psychics. It would be really dumb if the plan could be foiled that easily.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2012 12:55 AM
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Psimon is their only telepath (i think), but i don't think the two have ever met in person and Psimon has no reason to suspect Kal isn't sincere because Manta is convinced. The only reason Psimon would probe Kal's mind is if Manta asked him to do so.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2012 12:56 AM