KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Why a sequel to Tomb raider?

Why a sequel to Tomb raider?
Started by: helmania

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
helmania

Shocked Why a sequel to Tomb raider?

Since the fist movie pretty much SUCKED big time. Keeping that in mind, why on earth would they think viewers would subject themselves to a second dozage. What.... Angelina Jolie... I think not! sick sick sick

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2003 02:06 AM
helmania is currently offline Click here to Send helmania a Private Message Find more posts by helmania Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

cuz it made money and thast all that matters these days.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2003 03:43 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

I happened to like the first one, but I didn't know that they were going to make a sequel to it

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2003 04:11 AM
Julie is currently offline Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Asami
Vicious and Malicious

I agree with Julie, I actually found the movie better than the game!!

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2003 11:28 AM
Asami is currently offline Click here to Send Asami a Private Message Find more posts by Asami Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mujaffa
Lift a Mullah

i'm with asami and julie

"Get on the bus with Leary and Scorcese, you're goin' right to ****in' hell!" Chikushoo

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2003 02:47 PM
Mujaffa is currently offline Click here to Send Mujaffa a Private Message Find more posts by Mujaffa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
831_8

I thought the game was complete utter trash. The movie, god... all I've gotta say was that was the most expensive sleep I've EVER taken. Back to the question, like it's been said already, because the first one made money... and because it's got 'Lara Croft' in it.

Like how my friend described the Tomb Raider games:-

T.Raider 1 - Big ****, Big Ass
T.Raider 2 - Bigger ****, Bigger Ass
T.Raider 3 - COMPLETELY oversized **** & ass!!!

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2003 06:11 PM
831_8 is currently offline Find more posts by 831_8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

tomb raider games have always been over rated, the movie.... is known to be pretty crappy, which is exactly how it should be rated.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2003 07:14 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

Saw it. Bit bland.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2003 02:59 PM
GordonSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send GordonSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by GordonSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
edwinian
Heavy Metal

While the movie did not blow me away i was pleasantly entertained by the whole premise and throughouly enjoyed jolie. a sequel seemed pretty obvious to me- the whole story just worked for that. personally, i think it will be fun. again nothing that will blow you away, but still cool to see.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2003 06:29 PM
edwinian is currently offline Click here to Send edwinian a Private Message Find more posts by edwinian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

It was okay. It was based on a weird video game after all, and it is a bit hard adapting the games into films.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2003 01:42 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

I never saw the first Tomb Raider, and I won't see this one.

She does have big ****, though, doesn't she?

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Apr 7th, 2003 04:35 AM
ToMacco is currently offline Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
831_8

quote:
Originally posted by ToMacco
I never saw the first Tomb Raider, and I won't see this one.

She does have big ****, though, doesn't she?
I'm pretty sure they where big. Though I wouldn't know I fell asleep during the movie so I guess they wasn't big enough! laughing laughing out loud

Old Post Apr 7th, 2003 07:09 AM
831_8 is currently offline Find more posts by 831_8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

Billy Bob, that lucky bastard!

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Apr 7th, 2003 04:51 PM
ToMacco is currently offline Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Asami
Vicious and Malicious

But........ I thoguht Lara Croft was all about her assets?!!
What I did find rather disturbing was when FHM had HER a fantasy computer games character in one of their top 100 sexiest females!

Old Post Apr 7th, 2003 04:58 PM
Asami is currently offline Click here to Send Asami a Private Message Find more posts by Asami Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

Oh come on. Who wouldn't like to tap Lara Crofts' love buiscuit?

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Apr 7th, 2003 05:03 PM
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

...a bit bland perhaps, but enjoyable.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2003 05:14 PM
GordonSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send GordonSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by GordonSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

Bland? What the shit are you talking about?

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Apr 7th, 2003 05:59 PM
Dejio

Personally, I happen to love the Tomb Raider games. You just have to accept it for what it is. There's no denying that when the first TR game went out, it blew all other games away.
People just started to compare it to games that basically copied and improved the Tomb Raider game. People just expected more.

About the film version, I thought the movie was pretty bland. They should get a different director or something for the sequel. Because the last movie didn't actually capture the games' feel. The first scene of Angelina was actually right on the mark. Then I was dissappointed when they revealed that it was just a practice room. Sheesh...

I sure hope they could redeem themselves in the sequel.

Last edited by Dejio on Apr 8th, 2003 at 02:55 AM

Old Post Apr 8th, 2003 02:52 AM
Dejio is currently offline Click here to Send Dejio a Private Message Find more posts by Dejio Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Augeybana
Augeygeta

Bland

quote:
Originally posted by ToMacco
Bland? What the shit are you talking about?

GS means what I take Bland as it's a good movie without it being bad,and been done before but it's good enough to watch it.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2003 02:57 AM
Augeybana is currently offline Click here to Send Augeybana a Private Message Find more posts by Augeybana Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

Yeah, just what he said!

Old Post Apr 8th, 2003 03:14 AM