KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Marvel Heroes

Marvel Heroes
Started by: Nephthys

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by the ninjak
Yeah I heard that rumor too. But if I don't get my GotD Characters, Drac, GLX and Generation X characters I'm gonna go postal on these creators!

Hell this format is fail anyways! It should be turn based Third Person like KotOR. I hated Marvel Ultimate Alliance. It sucked major balls! I liked Xmen Legends because it focused on a singular team, inside the mansion. With Danger Room scenarios. It worked.

It doesn't surprise me one bit that the creators are focusing on Xavier in the Mansion giving out missions in the same fashion. But with such a large roster CMON!

Vision makes games. Not gimmicks and rehashing of outdated playstyles. All of my fav Marvel games are maybe more than 7 yrs old. And that sucks.

Get the guys from KotOR to make a Marvel Universe tactical fighter game. With such a roster. Because this game reaks of Marvel Ultimate Alliance. In a Baaaadddddd way.

And none of the Passive, Aggresive, Long Range, Short Range attacks, voice activations/freakin Gauntlet style gameplay can possibly even resemble the fun and wonder that playing a real Marvel Universe fantasy could even capture a fraction of.

Im sorry but I've been down this road before. And it failed badly. And a MMO version of a failed game just leaves me in a hateful state.

What the hell is the world coming too? Have you seen Spideys powers in the game? He ain't zipping around the stupid limited screen webbing one guy here and there. He's webbing hlf the freaking screen of fodder!

I'm predicting a fail game here. I've seen the future and it ain't good. A Sentinel appearing on screen should be HUGE! With characters depending on their powerset hiding behind walls or hitting the sky hitting it with time based manuevers. But no this game is gonna have swarms of bots hitting it's feet until it goes down. I can tell this is going to happen.

They should rename this game Marvel Gauntlet 5: Epilectic Spam Police as far as I'm concerned. Freakin Freedom Force looks more interesting than this crap.

WHY CAN'T WE HAVE A DETAILED 3D SANDBOX TURN BASED STRATEGICAL SUPERHERO GAME!

Simply put, because superhero combat can't be turn based and be like the actual superhero way of fighting. Even DCUO realised that.

It has to be real time.

And I can't understand why you're ragging on MUA, one of the best superhero games of the last several years.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jul 6th, 2012 10:45 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Originally posted by -Pr-
Simply put, because superhero combat can't be turn based and be like the actual superhero way of fighting. Even DCUO realised that.

It has to be real time.

And I can't understand why you're ragging on MUA, one of the best superhero games of the last several years.

I found MUA to be souless and dull. But each to their own.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2012 04:17 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Old Post Jul 7th, 2012 04:51 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
0mega Spawn
TheWarmestSun

Im sorry but this is gonna be shit... just stating facts

My Reality Is Your Imagination.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2012 01:54 AM
0mega Spawn is currently offline Click here to Send 0mega Spawn a Private Message Find more posts by 0mega Spawn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by 0mega Spawn
Im sorry but this is gonna be shit... just stating facts

I don't see any facts in that post.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jul 8th, 2012 02:39 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
0mega Spawn
TheWarmestSun

I don't see any facts in that post.
not yet.

My Reality Is Your Imagination.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2012 08:31 PM
0mega Spawn is currently offline Click here to Send 0mega Spawn a Private Message Find more posts by 0mega Spawn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

https://marvelheroes.com/news/news-...on-answered-pax

On October 1st you can register at the Marvel Heroes website, and put your name in for a chance at the closed beta.

Ill be doing it.

Also, they've confirmed Punisher, Daredevil and Squirrel Girl for the game.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 1st, 2012 04:04 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

New Trailer:

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2012 05:12 PM
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

I'm looking forward to seeing a full roster, even if it will take me forever to read.

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2012 05:36 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Same. It might not be the full thousand I heard mentioned, but it should be decent even going by that video.

So far I've seen:

Black Panther
Black Widow
Cable
Captain America
Colossus
Cyclops
Daredevil
Deadpool
Emma Frost
Hawkeye
Hulk
Human Torch
Iron-Man
Ms. Marvel
Punisher
Rocket Raccoon
Scarlet Witch
Spider-Man
Squirrel Girl
Storm
The Thing
Thor
Wolverine

The Offical Site has Model pics too.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2012 06:32 PM
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Yeah they were most likely exaggerating with the thousand but I'm sure we'll get atleast a hundred.

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2012 06:39 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

If I get a growing Hank Pym, I'll be happy.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2012 06:44 PM
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Yeah Pym better tangle with Sentinels. And Squirrel Girl is there..sweet!

I'm very curious about the how large the roster is going to be as well.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2012 02:34 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Squirrel Girl.

no expression

If I get a growing Hank Pym, I'll be happy.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2012 06:28 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Hells yeah.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 5th, 2012 11:18 PM
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by 0mega Spawn
over top camera ruins it

I was just about to say the same thing. Why oh why cant they ever get it right? What's in the hell is wrong with the Grand Theft Auto/Elder Scrolls sand box look? This just looks like another Ultimate Alliance combo to KO scam.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2012 07:20 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Finally Punisher in another game, He's been neglected for Marvel games.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2012 07:03 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Stoic
I was just about to say the same thing. Why oh why cant they ever get it right? What's in the hell is wrong with the Grand Theft Auto/Elder Scrolls sand box look? This just looks like another Ultimate Alliance combo to KO scam.

Because its a diablo-esque game, not a standard 3rd person action game. I wish they'd make one, obviously, but that's not what this is.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 7th, 2012 07:14 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Interview plus actual gameplay:

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 11th, 2012 03:55 AM
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

The guys throwing around the roster having a large number at 2:10.

What got me interested was the large multiplayer. Would love to have 30 friends take on a rampaging Juggernaut in the X-Mansion. All X-men related characters.

Looks alot better than I originally expected.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2012 04:22 AM