KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Marvel Heroes

Marvel Heroes
Started by: Nephthys

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Scarlet Witch and Hulk Gameplay:

This video shows a bit more of what you can actually do to customise your characters.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 11th, 2012 04:23 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Wow the story modes look really fun. Much cooler than MUAs horrible text chat based missions.
The motion comics are cool too, so was that fight with Magneto.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2012 05:20 AM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Agreed. I look forward to getting a few friends together and taking on big bosses.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 11th, 2012 05:21 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
You can now register at https://marvelheroes.com/frontpage to put your name down as being interested in the closed beta.

No guarantee, but as they say, if you're not in you can't win.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 13th, 2012 04:19 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

New trailer:

Want it now.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 17th, 2012 04:02 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

New, more informative video:

yay flight.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 19th, 2012 02:17 PM
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

I must admit this game has exceeded my expectations. It's already far better than the MUA games.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2012 05:13 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Big announcement today:

They've launched what they call a "Founder's Program" which gives us a glimpse of how their cash shop works:

http://presale.marvelheroes.com/presale_en_us/

Honestly, for what they're offering, those prices don't look half bad.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 9th, 2013 11:02 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Okay, so I got a beta key, and have played in the last three beta sessions that they've been running. I'm going to give a brief account of what I've found so far, just to give people an idea about what the game is and whether they might enjoy it.

The first, and most important thing to realise about this game is that it is NOT Ultimate Alliance 3. This is a Diablo style ARPG, and if you've played Diablo at all you'll feel right at home.

At the start of the beta, I was given the opportunity to choose one hero from a possible five (though the beta will allow me to play as other characters as time goes on). I chose Hawkeye.

Upon starting the game I had two powers: One was Hawkeye's standard arrow shot, and the second was a melee attack that would knock an enemy back to allow you to use your arrows on them and to keep them out of melee range.

Left-clicking on the ground moves your character to that point. In fact, the mouse covers all ground movement. Left-clicking on an enemy attacks that enemy with your character's basic attack (Arrow shot). Right-clicking on an enemy does the secondary attack (melee kick).

It's worth mentioning that for ranged characters, if you hold the SHIFT key, your character remains stationary while firing off his attack. That means if you accidentally fire at the ground, your character won't move there and frustrate you.

As you progress through the level, you get drops that are more often than not tailored to your character. So for Hawkeye I was getting bows, quivers and the like. Now, while these did change my stats, they did NOT change my costume. A character's costume in this game has its own slot, so no matter what you equip, the look you like so much is maintained.

Not long after starting, I picked up a bow that gave me a new power ability (which I would have gotten later from levelling, so it was nice to have it earlier). This meant that early on, I already had a wealth of moves. In fact by the time I hit level 3, I already had my standard attack, two trick arrow attacks (freeze and electrify), and the melee kick.

As for the character himself? Hawkeye plays as I would expect Hawkeye to play. Decent voice acting, solid ranged attacks, and he looks and moves much like I would expect the character to.

As I try out more characters I'll give my impressions.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 16th, 2013 11:57 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by -Pr-

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2013 10:48 AM
Tzeentch
#gottem

Looks like Ultimate alliance 1, graphics wise lol. gameplay wise too.

Would like a game with a large roster like this, but with gameplay similar too Wolverine: Origins.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2013 11:28 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

It plays like Diablo, and so far it's been enjoyable tbh.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2013 11:30 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Disney ends its partnership with Gazillion

https://www.newsarama.com/37384-mar...-by-disney.html

No date for when the game would be shut down was given.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 12:26 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I read on the forums it was December 31st. Damn shame.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 03:10 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Started a few months back, I've put in 217 hours into the game and i've only gotten 5 hours to lvl 60.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 05:19 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I'll check mine... Steam says 441 hours, though I've been playing it on and off since launch, so it should have been higher. I have... 28 heroes at 60.

Damn shame they're taking it down, though it has been sliding for a while, I feel. That big update a while back was the beginning of the end, imo.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 05:35 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Also they started to focus more on the console version too, They also had a update planned to bring the PC version more in line with the consoles.

Last edited by Kazenji on Nov 16th, 2017 at 05:39 AM

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 05:36 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Kazenji
Also they started to focus more on the console version too, They also had a update planned to bring the PC version more in line with the consoles.

Yeah. Would have been nice to see, too. The UI looked really nice.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 06:30 AM