KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Barad Dur

Barad Dur
Started by: enyafreak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
enyafreak

Barad Dur

How much of barad dur will we see in film 3.
im so excited bout it. i love the design and hope we see a lot more of it in the last film

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2003 10:35 AM
enyafreak is currently offline Click here to Send enyafreak a Private Message Find more posts by enyafreak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mujaffa
Lift a Mullah

some

"Get on the bus with Leary and Scorcese, you're goin' right to ****in' hell!" Chikushoo

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2003 02:42 PM
Mujaffa is currently offline Click here to Send Mujaffa a Private Message Find more posts by Mujaffa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
turin

i doubt we see very much of it. it depends alot on how much jackson varies from the books, but if i remember right the only time it is seen in the books is when sam and frodo can see it from orodruin. Then again in the books you would have never have seen it till the third book and we have already seen it in both movies, who knows!?!

and filled with wrath and despair he mounted upon Rochallor his great horse and rode forth alone, and none might restrain him. He passed over Dor-nu-Fauglith like a wind amid the dust, and all that beheld his onset fled in amaze, thinking that Oromë himself was come: for a great madness of rage was upon him, so that his eyes shone like the eyes of the Valar.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2003 05:54 PM
turin is currently offline Click here to Send turin a Private Message Find more posts by turin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Well, Frodo and Sam should be able to see it from Orodruin. Hopefully PJ will make Sauron's eye look elsewhere like it does in the book. Then Sauron panics as Frodo puts on the Ring in the Cracks of Doom and then he dies as it falls in.

Hopefully we'll see Barad-dur explode...

Old Post Apr 4th, 2003 05:56 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

such a dark and dreary place....who'd want to see too much of it?

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2003 03:27 AM
Julie is currently offline Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
turin

i would like to see a ton of it!!! dark and dreary make for really bad dude, smile plus wouldnt it be cool to see it crumble or burst or who knows what. maybe a spout of lava will come shooting out of it!!! unfortunetly we have to wait forever to find out. i saw that the TTT dvd will have a ten minute making of ROTK. nice but that will only make the waiting worse. uhhggggggg.......

and filled with wrath and despair he mounted upon Rochallor his great horse and rode forth alone, and none might restrain him. He passed over Dor-nu-Fauglith like a wind amid the dust, and all that beheld his onset fled in amaze, thinking that Oromë himself was come: for a great madness of rage was upon him, so that his eyes shone like the eyes of the Valar.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2003 03:52 AM
turin is currently offline Click here to Send turin a Private Message Find more posts by turin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Chalky

Can you Explain?

Hi, I'm a big fan of LOTR...
But I don't know where Barud dur is! Is it that dwarf mine? Oh no, that's Kazud- dum I think. It rings a bell, but I just can't figure it out.

Help!

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2003 07:12 AM
Chalky is currently offline Click here to Send Chalky a Private Message Find more posts by Chalky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

It is Sauron's fortress.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2003 11:27 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

yeah what he said....( though b/t you and me I didn't know either)

Old Post Apr 24th, 2003 04:39 AM
Julie is currently offline Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

what?..smilethat more than elementary

Old Post Apr 24th, 2003 01:29 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Member.

isn't there a seige of barad dur?

Old Post Apr 25th, 2003 01:14 PM
Member. is currently offline Click here to Send Member. a Private Message Find more posts by Member. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

well...if you're talking about some troops at the black gates..then yes. But the couldn't have reached the fortress itself..no.
Not without the ring destroyed anyway.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2003 07:09 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

There was a 7 year Siege of Barad-dur in the Second Age that began in II 3434 and ended II 3441, if your thinking of that, Member.

Just an interesting note, the documents that Gandalf reads in the movie are written in II 3434, as if the siege never existed.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2003 05:04 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote