KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » (Revenge of the Sith) Darth Sidious -vs- Darth Bane (Dynasty of Evil)

Who is truly the most Powerful Sith Lord?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Sidious is superior in Sabers 19 14.07%
Sidious is superior in Force 21 15.56%
Sidious is superior in All Out 25 18.52%
Bane is superior in All Out 24 17.78%
Bane is superior in Force 22 16.30%
Bane is superior in Sabers 24 17.78%
Total: 50 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

(Revenge of the Sith) Darth Sidious -vs- Darth Bane (Dynasty of Evil)
Started by: Battlemaster

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zamp
The Blind Critic

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ares834
Odan Urr? Rastka Lsu? Mara Jade? I can see the rest succesfully argued for but any of those three should be toast against RotS Sidious IMO.

I'll cede Raskta Lsu, but if Mara Jade came at Palpatine the way she did to Caedus, I think he'd go down hard.

Odan Urr has some impressive feats (that I'd have to go mining for, so I'll cede him too).

Old Post Jun 12th, 2012 02:06 AM
Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by Stealth Moose
Bladerunner is amazing. You must not have seen Director's Cut though.

Also, love Blax's anti-Ragnos rant.
After watching Confused Matthew's review on it, I'm making a point of seeing the Director's Cut. It'll be my fourth time watching Blade Runner, so if I'm not intrigued this time 'round, I'm giving up.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2012 03:28 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

I was never a fan.

Originally posted by Zampanó
I'll cede Raskta Lsu, but if Mara Jade came at Palpatine the way she did to Caedus, I think he'd go down hard.

Fair enough.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2012 03:31 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

Originally posted by NemeBro
Statements made before the creation of characters with power that seriously questions Palpatine's status as the most powerful lose weight when such characters are introduced.

There really hasn't been any sith to question Palpatine's status as being the overall most powerful sith. There have been sith lords who surpassed him in certain areas of power (Nihilus, Kun, possibly Bane), but Palpatine has a greater range of power than any sith lord so far, and he had a greater effect on the force as a whole.

Originally posted by Zampanó

Mara won her fight with Caedus because she was a far more skilled and smarter fighter than he was, which is not an advantage she will have against Palpatine. One thing that Plagueis trained Palpatine well in, was how to kill. Palpatine is more vicious, more faster, and far more powerful than Mara is.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2012 07:55 PM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66

Mara won her fight with Caedus because she was a far more skilled and smarter fighter than he was, which is not an advantage she will have against Palpatine. One thing that Plagueis trained Palpatine well in, was how to kill. Palpatine is more vicious, more faster, and far more powerful than Mara is.

Yep. Sidious the politician is a much more skilled, tactically aware, and brutal fighter than Caedus, who is known for is poor pain tolerance and complete unfamiliarity with battlefield situations.

I commend your well thought out and exhaustively sourced argument, and simply cannot find a single chink in its armor.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2012 09:57 PM
Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Col. Novine
Restricted

Account Restricted

I believe I shall henceforth refer to you as Scarecrow, because that was probably the worst strawman I’ve ever seen.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2012 10:01 PM
Click here to Send Col. Novine a Private Message Find more posts by Col. Novine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

I could condescendingly put it into pseudoformal notation; would that help?

Old Post Jun 12th, 2012 10:05 PM
Col. Novine
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Scarecrow
I could condescendingly put it into pseudoformal notation; would that help?

If your ability to condescend is as rusty as your ability to debate, probably not.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2012 10:08 PM
Click here to Send Col. Novine a Private Message Find more posts by Col. Novine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

I lol'd for real.

Bloodlusted, prepped Mara does not cede the advantages of being "more vicious, more faster[sic], and far more powerful" than Sidious.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2012 10:12 PM
Col. Novine
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Scarecrow
I lol'd for real.

quote:
Scarecrow
Bloodlusted, prepped Mara does not cede the advantages of being "more vicious, more faster[sic], and far more powerful" than Sidious.

Either I read that wrong or you wrote it wrong, because that looks terribly much like you saying "bloodlusted, prepped Mara isn't more vicious, faster, and powerful than Sidious."

Old Post Jun 12th, 2012 10:15 PM
Zamp
The Blind Critic

Originally posted by Col. Novine

Either I read that wrong or you wrote it wrong, because that looks terribly much like you saying "bloodlusted, prepped Mara isn't more vicious, faster, and powerful than Sidious."

"does not cede the advantage of being" = "continues to be" = "is"

Bloodlusted Mara is "more vicious, more faster[sic], and far more powerful" than Sidious.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2012 10:23 PM
Col. Novine
Restricted

Account Restricted

Danke.
And based on what?

Old Post Jun 12th, 2012 10:25 PM
Zamp
The Blind Critic

More Vicious: (See cave fight)
More Faster: (See cave fight)
More Powerful: Given that this limits Palpatine to RotS feats, he's basically got Sithisis and RotS to draw from. Mara has her 3x force power bubble, cross-galaxy awareness (routine as a hand as well as her link w/Ben) and the whole manhandling a Skywalker descendant charism

Old Post Jun 12th, 2012 10:29 PM
Col. Novine
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Scarecrow
More Vicious: (See cave fight)

Palpatine slaughters a group of Gran Protectorate Senators, their guards, and women & children in Darth Plagueis.

quote:
Scarecrow
More Faster: (See cave fight)

Palpatine’s physical speed is comparable to Yoda’s own, beyond what can be perceived by Anakin, in excess of what Mace Windu can reproduce without Vaapad, and sufficient to slaughter two “celebrated swordsmen” of the Jedi Council before they can react.

quote:
Scarecrow
More Powerful: Given that this limits Palpatine to RotS feats, he's basically got Sithisis and RotS to draw from. Mara has her 3x force power bubble, cross-galaxy awareness (routine as a hand as well as her link w/Ben) and the whole manhandling a Skywalker descendant charism.

Palpatine’s galactic clairvoyance is displayed in Revenge of the Sith where he senses Anakin’s danger on Mustafar from Coruscant.

You need to substantiate why manhandling a Skywalker is a decisive advantage for Mara; Dooku did it to the Skywalker and Palpatine’s powers eclipse his.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2012 10:38 PM
Zamp
The Blind Critic

Palpatine slaughters a group of Gran Protectorate Senators, their guards, and women & children in Darth Plagueis.

Palpatine’s physical speed is comparable to Yoda’s own, beyond what can be perceived by Anakin, in excess of what Mace Windu can reproduce without Vaapad, and sufficient to slaughter two “celebrated swordsmen” of the Jedi Council before they can react.

Palpatine’s galactic clairvoyance is displayed in Revenge of the Sith where he senses Anakin’s danger on Mustafar from Coruscant.

You need to substantiate why manhandling a Skywalker is a decisive advantage for Mara; Dooku did it to the Skywalker and Palpatine’s powers eclipse his.

haven't read plageius yet

I said that I could argue in favor of Mara, not that I intend to.

I'll put up an actual (prepared) post at some point this weekbefore friday (it'll get its own thread, so we don't derail this one).

Old Post Jun 12th, 2012 10:49 PM
Col. Novine
Restricted

Account Restricted

• your loss
  • Your fear is my ally
  • Your wish to protract your inevitable defeat amuses me but I am pleased that your a boy of your word

Old Post Jun 12th, 2012 10:51 PM
Zamp
The Blind Critic

• your loss
  • Your fear is my ally
  • Your wish to protract your inevitable defeat amuses me but I am pleased that your a boy of your word

• wut
  • you're as intimidating as bengay lube
  • you've never beat me

Old Post Jun 12th, 2012 10:59 PM
Col. Novine
Restricted

Account Restricted

• exactly
  • Given that your anus is likely as large and hollowed as the cavern in which Caedus slayed Mara, your disregard for lube is unsurprising
  • quote:
    Scarecrow
    I lol'd for real

Old Post Jun 12th, 2012 11:02 PM
Darth Ray Park
Restricted

Account Restricted

Zampano would you like me to report to Ushgarak for intimadating you?

UN...LIMITEEEEEEEED...VOTES!! THAT IS HER TRUE POWER!!

Old Post Jun 12th, 2012 11:08 PM
Click here to Send Darth Ray Park a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Ray Park Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

• exactly
  • Given that your anus is likely as large and hollowed as the cavern in which Caedus slayed Mara, your disregard for lube is unsurprising

• For all that you parade pictures of your "girlfriend" around online, you're awfully interested in the anuses (anii?) of the guys around you
  • Would Neph appreciate you coming on to me like this?
  • I'm not your type (my voice has dropped, bro)

Old Post Jun 12th, 2012 11:16 PM