KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Dredd (Judge Dredd movie)

Dredd (Judge Dredd movie)
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Esau Cairn
Contagious

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
The girl looks pretty.

Uumm that's Karl Urban beneath the helmet. wink

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2012 05:21 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Esau Cairn
I'm saying Urban doesn't seem to fit the costume or the role of Dredd.

For you, Yes other people will disagree

i found the trailer yesterday and watched it, Reminds of The Raid: Redemption with them in the apartment building.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2012 06:26 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Gah, they've got the style all wrong again! As soon as the trailer did the 'Judge, jury... and executioner' tag I knew they'd cocked it up.

I know a film needs changes, but just making it straight action cuts the heart out of what Dredd is. Watchmen was done with respect to style; so could Dredd be.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jun 24th, 2012 02:13 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Oh snap! You're right! Totally didn't realize that. He's a handsome man. confused

Old Post Jun 24th, 2012 03:39 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Urban looks fine to me, but imo that looks very little like Mega City 1...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 24th, 2012 03:49 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by Kazenji

i found the trailer yesterday and watched it, Reminds of The Raid: Redemption with them in the apartment building.

The release dates are so close, it's likely just a coincidence that the central plots are similar. Dredd fans on IMDB are convinced, however, the makers of TR:R purposely tried to push their film into theaters first to upstage Dredd, which got shot before TR:R in late 2010.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jun 25th, 2012 02:01 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Ushgarak
Gah, they've got the style all wrong again! As soon as the trailer did the 'Judge, jury... and executioner' tag I knew they'd cocked it up.

I know a film needs changes, but just making it straight action cuts the heart out of what Dredd is. Watchmen was done with respect to style; so could Dredd be.

Then i suppose the folks at the Cannes film festival don't know what they're on about then....

Old Post Jun 25th, 2012 06:15 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Originally posted by Ushgarak

I've never read the comics. Are they so different, Ush?

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jun 25th, 2012 11:40 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Yeah, watching the trailer again, this really doesn't look any better than the Stallone version. That version is actually pretty entertaining, in a campy, over-the-top sort of way. The production value and just look of it is pretty entertaining.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2012 11:45 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Karl is pretty darn sexy wink

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Jun 26th, 2012 01:21 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Well, if people aren't satisfied with this version of Dredd - done as an independent U.K. production - they probably never will be.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jun 26th, 2012 01:32 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Then i suppose the folks at the Cannes film festival don't know what they're on about then....

Oh gasp! The folk at Cannes have a higher & more respectable opinion than any of us put together.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2012 05:03 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Thanks for being sarcastic

could you get off your high horse next.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2012 06:27 AM
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Oh Kaz I was hoping you & I could ride off into the sunset together...

Old Post Jun 26th, 2012 09:14 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Go find someone else for your brokeback mountain love.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2012 09:16 AM
Esau Cairn
Contagious

I'm only 14 Kaz.

Don't play with my tender young heart.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2012 09:21 AM
steverules_2

...I think I may have clicked on the wrong thread by mistake

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Jun 26th, 2012 09:26 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Yeah.......Esau has some strange fascinated for me... erm

go have a threesome with patient_Leech.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2012 09:30 AM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

lmao

Old Post Jun 26th, 2012 11:43 AM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Yeah.......Esau has some strange fascinated for me... erm

go have a threesome with patient_Leech.

You must think rather highly of me if I'm two-thirds of the threesome. Or is Esau two-thirds and I'm one-third?

Old Post Jun 26th, 2012 04:13 PM