KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Dredd (Judge Dredd movie)

Dredd (Judge Dredd movie)
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Esau Cairn
Contagious

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
You must think rather highly of me if I'm two-thirds of the threesome. Or is Esau two-thirds and I'm one-third?

Ha ha ha see Kaz DID picture himself in the threesome!

Oh the kid's sailing down DENIAL. laughing

Old Post Jun 27th, 2012 05:18 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Seriously shut the **** up......

Old Post Jun 27th, 2012 07:56 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

love no

Old Post Jun 27th, 2012 08:20 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I think Kazenji needs to loosen up a bit. How about a nice, gentle massage from a couple burly men like Esau and me?

laughing

Old Post Jun 27th, 2012 03:20 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

I've got to stop teasing Kaz, after all we're both from the same country.

I can imagine him hunting me down in real life....or me sending him flowers. embarrasment

Old Post Jun 28th, 2012 03:23 AM
ares834

IGN's review.

I gotta say I'm surprised it got a decent review, I thought it was going to suck like the last one.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2012 05:15 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Originally posted by Impediment
I've never read the comics. Are they so different, Ush?

Yes, the original is a darkly comic satire- above everything else, Dredd was funny and absurd. A society where sugar is banned as an addictive substance and where an epidemic crime wave was about people immersing themselves in a rubbery-substance and 'boinging' themselves off of high buildings, bouncing around for fun... Where they did micro-stories of the like where Dredd goes on patrol and cannot find a single person- perp or victim- who is not wanted for a crime, or when he visits a youth rehabilitation centre which is notable because it has reduced a 99% recidivsm rate to 97%.. Where sentient apes form a major criminal underclass. It was a wild science storyline that was happy with alternate dimensions, time travel and magic. A setting where Ireland has been turned into a giant theme park (in stories written by Garth Ennis, no less). It was NOT just a near future grim dark cop story. It was a continued comment on power, justice, politics and community, all wrapped in absurdly violent and wild storylines.

That's where they miss the style. As for the details...

There's also no death sentence in the original!!!

As soon as they start saying '... and executioner' or lines like 'the sentence is death' (which is the evil alternate dimensional entity Judge Death's line!) in the films, they've lost it. Sure, the Judges kill like crazy in combat (and life is laughably cheap in the whole thing) but that's only in self-defence. There is no crime with capital punishment and their objective is always to take perps alive.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Jul 12th, 2012 at 05:27 PM

Old Post Jul 12th, 2012 05:20 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

"To escape, Dredd must journey from floor number 1 to floor number 200, and arrest Ma-Ma in the process." -snip

Has a The Raid: Redemption sound to it.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jul 12th, 2012 05:35 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Very much so.

I don't mind the visual changes that some fans are not happy with. Things that look good in comics can look pretty bad on screen.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Jul 12th, 2012 05:37 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Ushgarak

I don't mind the visual changes that some fans are not happy with. Things that look good in comics can look pretty bad on screen.

What do you think of the costumes?

i know its been brought up elsewhere and yeah they seem to be using the creators's original design for Dredd.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2012 06:47 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

They all look fine. The cityscape is far less built up than the comics, but that's ok too.

BtVS

Old Post Jul 13th, 2012 04:41 PM
dadudemon

Originally posted by Robtard
"To escape, Dredd must journey from floor number 1 to floor number 200, and arrest Ma-Ma in the process." -snip

Has a The Raid: Redemption sound to it.

Also sounds like Die Hard 1. no expression

Originally posted by Ushgarak
The cityscape is far less built up than the comics, but that's ok too.

That was the first thing I noticed in the preview: the scant cityscape visual presentation. I assume they took care of that by having a really really "tall" underground.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2012 05:58 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by dadudemon
Also sounds like Die Hard 1. no expression.

Hardly.....

Urban doesn't care what Stallone thinks of DREDD

Old Post Jul 14th, 2012 08:46 AM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Sorry if you have to connect to Facebook for this, but it's worth pursuing. It's got some pretty sweet slo-mo Immortals-esque violence: Red Band Trailer

Daddy like.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2012 03:01 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Sounds like they might have a trilogy planned out for this depending on the success of this new attempt

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansi...s/news/?a=64603

Judge Death might appear in the third movie.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2012 08:51 AM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

quote:
If Die Hard and Sin City had an awesome, brilliant, violent baby, this film would be it.

~Russ Burlingame
ComicBook.com

That is some seriously high praise in my book. Full Review. lol.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2012 07:21 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Like it needs another good review to prove its good.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2012 04:14 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Aug 4th, 2012 09:16 AM
Scythe
The Goat

I'm lookin' forward to this and hope the cheese is thick with this one. I freakin' love Stallone's one-liners in the first.

"Court's adjourned"

Old Post Aug 4th, 2012 09:33 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Those look like amateur teenage doodles. Damn, they're awful.

I hope this is good. I'm kind of looking forward to it, too. I'm diggin the new poster...

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 4th, 2012 09:18 PM