KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Unhosted Role Plays » The Order of Magick - Registration and Discussion

The Order of Magick - Registration and Discussion
Started by: MadMel

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
starryknight

(please log in to view the image)

Name: Raven RoseGruard

specialization : Raven has mastered the art of water and ice, she can pull the molecules out of thin air to create water then is able to freeze the water almost instantly. With this ability she can create platforms to slide on to travel with, (like Ice Man) create massive spike walls and even defensive walls. Her water control isn't anything to shack an icicle at either, she can whip water around with the quickness that could split an enemies flesh also turn it into vapor and make some sort of slushy mix (works well for snow ball fights in the summer!)

other magicks : basic magick skills to be able to pass what was required, nothing is as advance as her water/ice abilities.

equipment : Icy blue amulet that she hangs around her neck and tucks into her shirt. She also has a staff that she mostly uses for misdirection.

personality : Raven is an unmotivated young wizard who'd rather lay in a grassy field of grass or snow (both even) then do any of this wizardry stuff but is forced to because she is a natural and some how graduated... or at least that is what she would like you to believe. In truth she took her studies about water and ice magick very seriously and excelled at it, earning the name with the other wizard the Ice Queen. She didn't much like the name because her personality was more of that of a child, and a bit odd some times saying off the wall things.

bio : Raven was born with icy blue skin, her parents thought she was dead, however, she started to cry and they knew she would live, though they hadn't a clue why she was so blue. Five years later still with a light blue completion and icy blue eyes and deep blue hair, her parents knew with out a doubt that she was a wizard and took her straight to the order and left her there without even a goodbye hug since then Raven has been living, breathing, and bathing magick.

(just updating the picture since the old one was removed.)

Old Post Jul 20th, 2013 08:58 PM
starryknight is currently offline Click here to Send starryknight a Private Message Find more posts by starryknight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JaketheB3AST
One with the Beast

Is this the spot where we bow before the ice princess??

Old Post Jul 20th, 2013 09:09 PM
JaketheB3AST is currently offline Click here to Send JaketheB3AST a Private Message Find more posts by JaketheB3AST Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starryknight

No, this is where you die!

O_o

Old Post Jul 20th, 2013 09:51 PM
starryknight is currently offline Click here to Send starryknight a Private Message Find more posts by starryknight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JaketheB3AST
One with the Beast

Hey thats my line XD

Old Post Jul 20th, 2013 10:19 PM
JaketheB3AST is currently offline Click here to Send JaketheB3AST a Private Message Find more posts by JaketheB3AST Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Big O
The Original O

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Phoenix3068
So I guess I can't join -.-
Why not? You couldn't find common ground with Mel sad

In the mean time, I never DID see that anime where I unintentionally got my name from. Is it any good

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2013 04:43 AM
The Big O is currently offline Click here to Send The Big O a Private Message Find more posts by The Big O Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

Good question. You didn't even reply to my pm, Phoenix. erm

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2013 06:24 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iKinneas
Black Swordsman

Mel, if this is still open to join, please hit me up and let me know what I need to know on a quick catch-up. I'm fairly interested, and it seems to have a good following.

Also, side-note: Loving the SAO avvy and sig.

EDIT: The reason I say hit me up, I have some questions on certain types of magic I'd like to incorporate, but I'm not sure if they'd be OP or not.

A person is very strong when he seeks to protect something. I'll expect a good fight. - Heathcliff, SAO 1:13

Last edited by iKinneas on Jul 22nd, 2013 at 06:28 AM

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2013 06:26 AM
iKinneas is currently offline Click here to Send iKinneas a Private Message Find more posts by iKinneas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

Read the first page and the character sheet template, then send me a pm. We should be able to work something out. big grin

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2013 06:44 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix3068
RP Legend

Fun Fact, Kin didn't know anything about SAO until I showed up and said "Hey Kin, watch this!" 5 minutes later "O_O;; I LOVE THIS. GIVE ME THIS. I WANT THIS." xD

@Mel: I never got a pm from you.
@O: As read above, I never got a pm from him. I only got pm's from O.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2013 07:06 AM
Phoenix3068 is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix3068 a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix3068 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix3068
RP Legend

I just checked again. My last four PM's in order, were from...

Silica
The Big O
iKinneas
The Big O (Last Message)

I've gotten no pm's since.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2013 07:07 AM
Phoenix3068 is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix3068 a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix3068 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iKinneas
Black Swordsman

I grant Phoe full credit for my love of SAO. And now she can't get me to shut up about it. XD Anyway, sent ya my ideas, Mel. Have plenty of backups, as well, if those aren't kosher for the RP.

A person is very strong when he seeks to protect something. I'll expect a good fight. - Heathcliff, SAO 1:13

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2013 07:09 AM
iKinneas is currently offline Click here to Send iKinneas a Private Message Find more posts by iKinneas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

Are you kidding, phoe? My pm was about 1000 words long!! sad Fuuuuuuuuu-
I'll try to remember what I wrote and send it again...

But yea, SAO is a new favourite for me. Too many feels. stick out tongue

Last edited by MadMel on Jul 22nd, 2013 at 07:55 AM

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2013 07:47 AM
MadMel
Heh

Ok - Sent again, Phoenix.
Turns out the reason it failed last time was because I went over the 10,000 character limit, and then closed the window without realising it didn't actually send. So keep in mind this PM is only half as long as the one I tried to send before. stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2013 09:02 AM
iKinneas
Black Swordsman

Name: Richter Kelevra (goes by his last name)
Appearance: (minus the mask)
(Close-up of face)
Specialization: School of Illusion - Kelevra is versed in the art of deception, allowing him to create phantasmal visions, veil himself from another's vision, or even create an effect of silence in an area around himself in a small radius.
Other Magicks:

- Shadow Walker - Kelevra must be in an area of shadowy illumination. He and any one person/creature he touches are then transported along a coiling path of shadows to the edge of the Material Plane where it borders the Plane of Shadow. The effect is largely illusory, but the path is quasi-real. In the region of shadow, he moves at a rate of 50 mph, moveing normally on the borders of the Plane of Shadow, but much more rapidly relative to the Material Plane, thus making it possible to step into the Plane of Shadow, move to the desired distance, and then return to the Material Plane. Because of the blurring of reality between the Plane of Shadow and the Material Plane, details of terrain or areas passed over during transit cannot be made out clearly, nor can the exact spot where travel will end be predicted. It's impossible to judge distances accurately, making the spell virtually useless for scouting or spying.
- Dream - Kelevra, or a messenger touched by him, sends a phantasmal message to others in the form of a dream. The messenger enters a trance, enters the intended recipient's dream, and delivers the message. The message can be of any length, and the recipient remembers it perfectly upon waking. The communication is one way, meaning that the recipient may ask no questions or offer information, nor can the messenger gain any information by observing the recipient's dreams. Once the message is delivered, the messenger's mind returns immediately to his/her body. A messenger disturbed during the trance is immediately awakened, ending the spell and leaving the message incomplete, though while in the trance, the messenger is unaware of surroundings or activities around him/her. He/she is defenseless both physically and mentally while in the trance.
Equipment: Kelevra has a rapier he carries at his waist, given to him by his old master in the Order as a conduit for his power. He was never aptly trained in the arts of swordplay, thus he only draws it when absolutely necessary. He can, however, draw power from it at any point, as long as it is in physical contact with his body.
Personality: Mysterious, cryptic, somewhat an enigma to himself and to others. Inquisitive to a fault, and very intelligible. Always keeps his true intentions hidden from all except those he truly trusts, which are few and far between.
Bio: Richter Kelevra has no true memory of his life before the Order, although certain details have been revealed to him in his travels. He was born into a low-class family, though no one seems to know who his father truly was. He has yet to discover what truly happened to his mother, although rumors say that she burned alive in their home trying to save him during a bandit raid. He was said to spend a few months living in the streets, unknowingly utilizing his abilities to distract individuals while stealing what he could to live and survive. His old master was the last man who ever had this attempted on him, and seeing through the illusions, took the young Kelevra to the Order, raising him to hone his arts and use them for the common good.
He does not know what his true name was, only that his master gave him the name he now uses, the only true name he knows, or has ever cared to know. Over the years, since leaving the Order at 25, he has continued searching for the answers to his past, and has honed his Illusion arts to control over the Plane of Shadows, something he continues to work on daily. He one day hopes to be the most powerful Illusionist to ever live.

quote:

MadMel wrote on Jul 22nd, 2013 06:20 AM:
Go ahead and post this - you're approved - quote this so you can start playing right away. wink

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2013 11:25 AM
iKinneas
Black Swordsman

Sorry for the double post, but here's a list of all the Illusion spells to be expected from Kelevra, and a brief description of each.

Disguise Self - Kelevra may make himself, as well as clothing, equipment, etc. appear different, though only by dedicating a large degree of concentration to it.

Project Image - Kelevra creates a quasi-real illusory image of himself, which looks, sounds, and even smells like him. The only true difference is the fact that it is intangible. The projected image mimics his actions (including speech), unless he directs it to act differently. He may see with its eyes and hear with its ears, but doing so will leave his own body blind/deaf.

Zone of Silence - By casting zone of silence, Kelevra may manipulate sound waves in his immediate vicinity so that he and those within the spell’s area can converse normally, yet no one outside can hear their voices or any other noises from within, including language-dependent or sonic spell effects. This effect is centered on Kelevra and moves with him. Anyone who enters the zone immediately becomes subject to its effects, but those who leave are no longer affected. Note, however, that an individual trained to read lips can still reveal what’s said inside a zone of silence.

Nightmarish Vision - Kelevra creates a phantasmal image of the most fearsome creature imaginable to the subject simply by forming the fears of the subject’s subconscious mind into something that its conscious mind can visualize: this most horrible beast. Only the affected creatures see the phantasmal creatures attacking them, though Kelevra sees the attackers as shadowy shapes. This being his most powerful Illusion, it takes more concentration than any other spell, and greatly fatigues him upon completion, or if held for too long.

EDIT: He also has a black and brown cat he keeps as a companion, named Yukianesa. She is nothing more than just a pet, and one of the only living creatures he truly considers to be trustworthy. Yuki, as he calls her, has been his travelling companion since he left the Order, and he has been known to go out of his way to protect the cat, even at great risk to his own life.

Last edited by iKinneas on Jul 22nd, 2013 at 12:20 PM

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2013 12:18 PM
MadMel
Heh

Ok, so Kelelvra is nowhere near the group right now. We can work with that. big grin

I'm off to bed. let's have some rping fun tomorrow.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2013 12:43 PM
The Big O
The Original O

I just want to say that I absolutely geeked out on your character, Kin. Kelevra sounds like a character right off the pages of a fantasy novel. Well done and I canNOT wait to have Thane work with him.

In the mean time, I never DID see that anime where I unintentionally got my name from. Is it any good

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2013 03:57 PM
The Big O is currently offline Click here to Send The Big O a Private Message Find more posts by The Big O Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iKinneas
Black Swordsman

Thanks much, O. big grin I'm looking forward to checking in with everyone, and revealing a few... twists I've got planned for him. He's going to be incredibly fun to play.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2013 09:33 PM
The Big O
The Original O

I'm also going.to update my character. Or, post him again.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2013 02:25 AM
The Big O
The Original O

Name - Thane Druddigan
Age - 25
Gender - Male

Appearance: (please log in to view the image)

The above picture is of Thane, ready for battle. The armor was a gift from his family and is intended for battle but he almost never wears it. In place of the chest plate, Thane wears a vest of the same material as his legwear. It is of the same length of the chestplate. Thane almost never wears anything with sleeves or on his feet save for when the temperature is far too extreme to be comfortable.

The tattoos seen are runes, etched into Thane's skin that provide more durability and energy needed to use his magicks as well some that help's Thane hand-eye coordination.

The quiver houses his normal arrows that he uses for more conventional means such as killing wild beasts for food and defending himself from less savage creatures.

Specialization: Thane specializes in magicks that allow him to manipulate the motion of an object or person. As such, Thane can slow down and stop the movement of an object/living being where they move so slowly or completely stop that the object/living being appears to move drastically slow or becomes completely motionless as if frozen in time.

Thane can also speed up the movement of an object/living being to make them reverberate at a speed which causes them to rapidly heat up. As a result of this heat, the power can cause the object/living being to either melt, burn, ignite or violently explode. (It should be noted that once something ignites and catches fire, Thane cannot control said fire. Also, it appears that the more powerful a being or object is, the less effective Thane's powers are on it.)

Other magicks: Thane has a talent for "force-of-will" magicks. These magicks- which Thane has studies for almost all of his wizardy life- grant Thane the power to literally cause effects to happen by uttering simple words or phrases.

For example: If Thane were to call out "Protect," a mystical veil would cover him or whoever the commad is directed towards to shield one from harm. If Thane were to speak "Seperate," his intended target(s) would be moved away from each other.

A downfall to this particular magick is that if Thane is not fully confident in himself when using this or is overwhelmed by emotion, the magicks will react unexpectedly and/or violently such as having more/less force behind the magicks that could harm an unintended target or help someone unintentionally. They could also work against Thane completely or even not work at all.

Equipment: Thane's conduit is a simple but magically enhanced bow (pictured above) that he uses to focus his magicks through. The bow's wood will never rot and is surprisingly tough. The string will never break no matter how far it is pulled.

Thane's motion magicks are the arrows and they appear only when the bow string is drawn. (See picture below for an example of the magic arrows.) When Thane is out of energy, he cannot produce any arrows for his bow.

Personality: Thane's personality could be described as meek, shy, and passive in his early years as a wizard but later growing into a charge-taking, quick-witted and abundantly confident young man. He is also kind, sarcastic and comically cynical of others he does not know well.

Bio: Thane's life was pretty normal for his first twelve years. He was an average student in his studies and did what he could to help out at home. The youngest child of 7, Thane was used to being over-looked when everyone else was doing something important or useful. However, on his twelfth birthday, his family surprised him and took him out to the woods to teach him archery. He soon grew to love the sport and was found to be quite proficient in it.

While out on an archery training trip, Thane and his father were accosted by a goblin. Thane's father was severely wounded while trying to protect his son and was about to be finished off by the savage creature but was saved by Thane instead when the young boy shot what appeared to be a shining, white arrow at the beast. The goblin stopped moving in mid-swing and looked to be frozen in time. Thane and his father wasted no time in retreating. A few weeks after that, Thane was discovered to be a wizard (the first and only in his family currently) and sent away to Edlraza Castle to train in the use of his abilities.

Once arriving at the castle, Thane was found to be very shy and meek around others, often being placed in precarious situations and taken advantage of as he would not stand up for himself. He also did not like the fact that he was a wizard as he felt that he already had a hard enough time making new friends. Luckily for him, his magicks allowed the perfect escape when he was overwhelmed. Instead of handling something head on, Thane would simply "freeze" the scene and make his exit. It was this way that he found out that his magicks were deactivated once he left the room he was in.

Meeting Kal and Raven helped bring Thane out of his shell some as they helped him open up more and taught him how to stand up for himself to others. Because of this, Thane became more open and vocal about things around the people he was most comfortable with, often times making sarcastic, yet cynical remarks at times.

However, finally getting tired of being a pushover and taken advantaged of by other wizards, Thane became even more vocal and open. This time, he was able to tell others what he would a would not do and how he wanted to be treated. In direct tadem to this, Thane's magicks seemed to advance further into a more destructive form of controlling motion. This was verified by Master Foren. He told Thane that because Thane was becoming more sure of himself and confident in general, his magicks reflected that and were able to grow to their full potential.

After this, Thane became more comfortable in being a wizard. While he was still reminiscent of his life before magick and wizardry, he knew that he was meant for something more and began to accept the life as most people did not get this chance.

Notes: Thane's powers seemed to have progressed based on how his personality has changed over the years. When his abilities first awakened, Thane was meek, shy, non-confrontational and passive. This was reflected in his ability to stop the motion of things so as to avoid something that he didn't want to get involved in. As he became more assertive and confident, his powers grew to reflect this as blowing things up and melting, burning and igniting things.

Thane is also a skilled navigator as well as being knowledgeable on various wild beasts, creatures and monsters. This is due to his upbringing on a farm and the various hunting and camping trips he took with his family when he was younger and his visiting days while he was at the castle.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2013 03:54 PM