KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Horror Movies » Cell Count

Cell Count
Started by: the ninjak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Cell Count

People have been arguing about the originality in Horror movies. I reckon this film is a amongst many others signifying that 2012 is going to be an good year for horror.
Tells the tale of medical volunteers who donate there bodies to science to discover a cure for a terrible disease. But all is not what it seems.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2012 11:14 AM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Well I saw it. And really liked it!

There is something about Horror based in a limited confines that always seems to work with good actors and plot.

Kind of like Big Brother but in a science facility. Only the ending felt a bit rushed because it started to get really hardcore.

Anyways a good 7/10 for me. It just needed to be longer and more controversial.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2012 06:48 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

So its one of those movies that has gone straight to dvd?........i'll look around for it.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2012 05:48 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

quote: (post)
Originally posted by the ninjak
Well I saw it. And really liked it!

There is something about Horror based in a limited confines that always seems to work with good actors and plot.

Kinda like Cube? I really like that simple little film.

I watched the trailer up there. I'm intrigued. The comparison to Cronenberg peaks my interest.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2012 02:40 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Yeah check it guys and share your opinions.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2012 01:43 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I downloaded this. I'll try to watch it soon. smile

Old Post Jul 11th, 2012 02:57 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I'll be honest, bro. I didn't really get it. I'm not sure if we weren't supposed to know what was going on the whole time, or what..

It's entertaining, but far from perfect. Some of the horror effects were pretty good, edited pretty well, but certain things (like Condom Head for example, lol) just became comical because they showed it too much. And the doctor was a little over-the-top as a "mad scientist" type. And yeah, the ending did seem rushed. There was no resolution whatsoever. Bad ending. And I found most of the film a bit too puzzling. "This terrible disease, this terrible disease..." They never say what the disease is, which was a bit frustrating to me..

But it was entertaining with some good performances and a few decent horror effects. Long haired girl who just stared blankly for most of the movie looked like an ex-girlfriend, which was kind of weird, lol (was her "leg blister" on the wrong leg?). And that looked like a Baldwin brother... the driver at the end. Yes it WAS. lol

Old Post Jul 13th, 2012 05:01 AM
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Heh heh. Yeah that was a Baldwin.

The plot was confusing but I lkied that because that's what the patients were going through.
The trippyness of the film was very Cronenberg as well.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2012 03:55 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Fair enough. Yeah, I can kind of see a Cronenberg influence there, but it wasn't as well directed as Cronenberg. He doesn't use that annoying shaky cam all the time and his direction is superb.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2012 04:19 PM
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

True no one can beat Crone at his own game.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2012 04:25 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

So did I hear you say that there is a sequel to this? I mean, it looked like it was getting into Robert Rodriguez territory a little bit at the end, heh... so I would be curious to see it continued.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2012 02:27 PM
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Nah I just hope there is one.

A prequel would be nice. Then a third film showing what happens to the survivors.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2012 03:25 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Yeah, good thinking. A prequel is a good idea, 'cause it has a lot to explain.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2012 09:54 PM
dynamix

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Kinda like Cube? I really like that simple little film.

I watched the trailer up there. I'm intrigued. The comparison to Cronenberg peaks my interest.

haha cube was the first movie that popped up in my head too when he said small confines.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2012 06:17 PM
dynamix is currently offline Click here to Send dynamix a Private Message Find more posts by dynamix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Originally posted by dynamix
haha cube was the first movie that popped up in my head too when he said small confines.

OK have you seen the film? What do you think?

Old Post Sep 4th, 2012 07:10 PM
dynamix

I haven't. But the premise sounds very interesting and being a sci-fi/horror fan, i'm more than likely going to watch it. I'll definitely give my thoughts once i do.

Last edited by dynamix on Sep 7th, 2012 at 11:47 AM

Old Post Sep 7th, 2012 11:45 AM
dynamix is currently offline Click here to Send dynamix a Private Message Find more posts by dynamix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToddEFreeman

Thanks for watching!

Hey everyone. Thanks for checking out Cell Count. The movie is coming out on iTunes, XBox, PS3, Amazon Instant, VUDU, and CinemaNow on Nov. 13th. Available for the first time in HD as well as the final version of the film.

Thanks for your interest and I hope you dig the flick. We are proud of it and excited for people to see the final version.

Excited that we'll be making the sequel next year! The story... doesn't end here.

Drop me a note if you have any questions and thanks again. We can't make movies without the fans!

Todd

Old Post Nov 12th, 2012 05:29 AM
ToddEFreeman is currently offline Click here to Send ToddEFreeman a Private Message Find more posts by ToddEFreeman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
buyfacebo

Russell Carpenter reluctantly admits his wife Sadie into an experimental treatment facility for her life threatening disease. While locked in this prison like surrounding they, along with 6.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2013 12:04 PM
buyfacebo is currently offline Click here to Send buyfacebo a Private Message Find more posts by buyfacebo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Originally posted by ToddEFreeman
Hey everyone. Thanks for checking out Cell Count. The movie is coming out on iTunes, XBox, PS3, Amazon Instant, VUDU, and CinemaNow on Nov. 13th. Available for the first time in HD as well as the final version of the film.

Thanks for your interest and I hope you dig the flick. We are proud of it and excited for people to see the final version.

Excited that we'll be making the sequel next year! The story... doesn't end here.

Drop me a note if you have any questions and thanks again. We can't make movies without the fans!

Todd

Cool. Thanks for the update. Am definitely intrigued to see where the movie goes.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2013 03:59 PM