KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » Is cyclops a good leader/tactician

Is cyclops a good leader/tactician
Started by: Shadow0101

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sabretooth
I was dead. I got better.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
i don't agree, tbh. Cyclops has shown an unusual ability to feint and double feint his opponents, and has shown an unerring ability to have plans to suit any situation.

He just tends to lack the firepower within himself or his team. Look at Kuurth, for example.

Kuurth is FAR from the strategist and forwand-thinker Thanos is. He's just a thug who is really,really powerful. Batman might be the only mortal I think would have a shot at taking down Thanos.

Sorry man, I don't think the good guys would have beaten Thanos if Scott was in charge. As I've stated before Cyclops isn't Marvel's answer to Batman.

Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Reed don't need Wolverine.
He can build gun that puncture celestials.
... And he's the longuest running leader around.

Point Richards

What does any of that have to do with getting people to do what you tell them?

Last edited by Sabretooth on Jul 25th, 2012 at 06:12 AM

Old Post Jul 25th, 2012 06:10 AM
Sabretooth is currently offline Click here to Send Sabretooth a Private Message Find more posts by Sabretooth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Sabretooth
Kuurth is FAR from the strategist and forwand-thinker Thanos is. He's just a thug who is really,really powerful. Batman might be the only mortal I think would have a shot at taking down Thanos.

Sorry man, I don't think the good guys would have beaten Thanos if Scott was in charge. As I've stated before Cyclops isn't Marvel's answer to Batman.

What does any of that have to do with getting people to do what you tell them?

I wasn't talking about Kuurth's intelligence; I was talking about his raw power.

Warren Ellis disagrees with you. stick out tongue

Even then, though, he doesn't have to be Batman to be one of the best.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jul 25th, 2012 06:13 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sabretooth
I was dead. I got better.

Earlier you said "Scott is arguably THE best tactican in Marvel". Now you have changed your statment to Scott is only "ONE OF the best".

I'll agree with the latter. No way on the former.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2012 06:23 AM
Sabretooth is currently offline Click here to Send Sabretooth a Private Message Find more posts by Sabretooth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Earlier you said "Scott is arguably THE best tactican in Marvel". Now you have changed your statment to Scott is only "ONE OF the best".

I'll agree with the latter. No way on the former.

the terms aren't mutually exclusive, and yes, i believe you could make a case for him being that good.

so no, i'm just elaborating, not changing my mind.

in terms of being a leader, i'd say he's easily top two in terms of actual, tactical team leading.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jul 25th, 2012 06:26 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dyajeep

Cyclops followed the lead of Professor X for years. I guess that makes Charles a better leader by your logic. You know, I think you're right. I now consider Professor X a better leader than Scott, so he's also on my list. Scott still can't crack my top five.

* i don't get this... i was talking about Magneto...

So you're saying he wasn't attracted to Jean, Betsy, OR Emma??!?

So does that make him gay or dead?

* well, as expected, you retorted to dumb responses... just what Pr had said, they came on to him and Scott reacted... on your previous post, you imply that Scott will transform into a love-crazed puppet if you put him in a room with a hot telepath unsupervised... i'm just telling you that's not his character...

As for Cable, I agree. he got his start in the art of warfare from one of the best. Somebody also was Bruce Lee's first teacher. It doesn't make him better than Bruce, just the first to teach him.

* Cable had said he was taught by one of the best... or maybe he's biased because he is his father... stick out tongue

I'll also add the Punisher to the list of people who can out-think Scott tactically as long as the fight is one on one.

* a nudge to Castle in one-on-one... but never on team-versus-team tactics...

I love it when fanboys try and justify their fanboyism to me.

* no problem... i always facepalm when desperate people tries to brand his opponent a fanboy, just to create a valid argument... stick out tongue

Seriously people. He's NOT Marvel's answer to Batman.

* seriously? Marvel has no answer to Batman... DC practically hyped his reputation as the god of detective skills and the god of prep... Cyclops is not Batgod...

That statment sounds just as stupid as saying Wolverine can take Thanos.

* you're just frustrated, dude... admit it...

By the way, how's that trying to convince the public that Marvel's most popular hero ever really sucks going for you peejayd? Still haven't succeeded huh? Well, keep trying. Everybody but you has got to be wrong one of these days...

* kidding aside, dude... when Scott stepped off from the shadows of Jean and Xavier, he's at his best in my opinion... and even way back until the road to X-men's Schism, when Marvel's most popular and overrated hero acknowledged that he would follow Scott's lead even in hell --- i already succeeded...

* by the way, Wolverine is just a blemish now... more recently, it was Namor who's getting in my nerves... stick out tongue

That statment was a response to peejayd's anti-Cyclops rant accusation. I was just basically saying people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

For the record, I'm no Wolverine fanboy. Far from. I like the character, but I can admit he's not the best a everything he does.

Sabretooth is. The best at everything he does. Everything.

Maybe someday we'll find something Sabretooth isn't the best at. And if that day ever comes, I'll be the first to admit it.

* how could anyone mistake you for a Wolverine-fanboy? laughing out loud your username, sig and avvy says it all...

Old Post Aug 7th, 2012 03:44 PM
dyajeep is currently offline Click here to Send dyajeep a Private Message Find more posts by dyajeep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mastagambit
king of thieves

I think Schism showcased Scott's ascendance into a true leader and tactician and one of the best. When you have a character like Wolverine who is right now hyped as the most iconic X-Man (because of the X-Men movies) would rather blow up their home Utopia and even risk killing mutants just to flee from a robot you know something is wrong. You would have thought that rallying everyone to stand and fight would be his doing,but no,it was Scott who stood and fight.It was his determination that made the other mutants band together and defeat the sentinel. When you have people like Magneto,Namor praising Cyclops as a leader and standing by his side after others left that shows something.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 16th, 2012 10:57 PM
mastagambit is currently offline Click here to Send mastagambit a Private Message Find more posts by mastagambit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dyajeep

Originally posted by mastagambit
I think Schism showcased Scott's ascendance into a true leader and tactician and one of the best. When you have a character like Wolverine who is right now hyped as the most iconic X-Man (because of the X-Men movies) would rather blow up their home Utopia and even risk killing mutants just to flee from a robot you know something is wrong. You would have thought that rallying everyone to stand and fight would be his doing,but no,it was Scott who stood and fight.It was his determination that made the other mutants band together and defeat the sentinel. When you have people like Magneto,Namor praising Cyclops as a leader and standing by his side after others left that shows something.

(please log in to view the image)

* other people don't see it like that though... they see Scott as a murderer esp in AvX and when he initiated X-Force... one of the best tacticians, Scott even managed to hold off Dracula with a bluff, that's freakin' awesome... and in somewhat part of his "showing off", i read somewhere that he's quite insulted when he was being asked if he has a Plan B, replying that the person asking was implying he has only 26 plans in his head... cool

Old Post Nov 12th, 2012 06:33 PM
dyajeep is currently offline Click here to Send dyajeep a Private Message Find more posts by dyajeep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Yup, that was during Fear Itself.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Nov 12th, 2012 09:59 PM
Bouboumaster

Current Cyclops is such a good leader.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2012 01:20 AM
Bouboumaster is currently offline Click here to Send Bouboumaster a Private Message Find more posts by Bouboumaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dyajeep

Originally posted by -Pr-
Yup, that was during Fear Itself.

* yes, and although i would love Scott showing off his GOML blast, his spatial awareness ricocheting blasts and his h2h skills every single comic he's in, i'd also want the writers to showcase his outstanding strategic and tactical skills... smile

Old Post Nov 13th, 2012 02:53 PM
Jedi Sheriff
Bantha Rustlers Beware

The character of Cyclops always bored me as a child, but I've never once doubted his ability as a leader.

I think comparing anyone to Batman is unfair, as DC seems to have a hard-on for making him infallible.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2012 08:15 PM
Jedi Sheriff is currently offline Click here to Send Jedi Sheriff a Private Message Find more posts by Jedi Sheriff Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Salthasha

according to Marvel he is a good leader people follow conviction not always the good guy.
He is a good leader his successes make him so.
Patton slapped the crap- out of a soldier suffering from ptsd insulted those commie bastard soviets and caused embarrassment many times and had his command stripped and given back not because ol blood and guts was a decent person but because he was one hell of a leader and a tactician.

Old Post May 12th, 2013 03:55 AM
Salthasha is currently offline Click here to Send Salthasha a Private Message Find more posts by Salthasha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Jedi Sheriff
The character of Cyclops always bored me as a child,

Same here and still sorta does.

Old Post May 12th, 2013 04:01 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote