KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Ultron War

Ultron War
Started by: JakeTheBank

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
You know, I totally forgot Bendis wrote 'The Ultron Initiative' (the female Ultron arc.) I actually liked that story quite a bit.

So, The Ultron Initiative + The Ultron War? Yeah, the guy can write a darn good Ultron, imo. That doesn't mean the entire event will be good--but at least Ultron should come out looking decent. /shrug

I did like his Mighty Avengers run, more so than his Post Civil War New Avengers at any rate. And his Ultron was beastly; only beaten through plot device (like most of the times he's been beaten, come to think of it) and the story and characterization was pretty good.

I give Bendis a lot of shit - rightfully so, imo - but I do give him credit when he does well. If his event is helmed solely by Bendis and keeps things Avengers focused instead of trying to drag the entire Marvel U into it, this event will be halfway decent hopefully. And Ultron will likely be handled pretty well itself.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2012 09:28 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Yeah, this event needs to stay self-contained, no doubt about it. If it starts venturing outside the Avengers books, it will turn into [another] contrived mess that no one cares about.

Even though they currently have a huge event transpiring, Marvel only had 3 books in the top 10 last month, while DC had 7--and that has been the norm lately. Marvel needs to understand that company-spanning 'epic events' are good in moderation, but they lose their luster when they're pumped out as fast as possible, one after the other. Give it a rest. Let characters/plots evolve naturally.

/rant

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jun 28th, 2012 09:41 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by Galan007 Yeah, this event needs to stay self-contained, no doubt about it. If it starts venturing outside the Avengers books, it will turn into [another] contrived mess that no one cares about. Even though they currently have a huge event transpiring, Marvel only had 3 books in the top 10 last month, while DC had 7--and that has been the norm lately. Marvel needs to understand that company-spanning 'epic events' are good in moderation, but they lose their luster when they're pumped out as fast as possible, one after the other. Give it a rest. Let characters/plots evolve naturally. /rant

thumb up not to mention aquaman is seliing better than any marvel comic, except for avx.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2012 12:11 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Sorry to burst your bubble, but...

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/mar...his-is-war.html

Yeeeeeeeah, soak it all in

Old Post Jun 29th, 2012 06:01 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Colossus-Big C
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Ultron War

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Well, with the "This is War" teaser images showing up from Marvel, I'm fairly certain the next event will be the Ultron War which Bendis and co. layed the ground work for since the Heroic Age started. It'll be nice to get away from this crap of heroes fighting each other and ridiculous power ups that mean jack shit in the end run, plus, supposedly, Ultron War will be Bendis' last Avengers schtick, which is a plus.

Ideally, this should be great because Ultron is great and even Bendis hasn't messed him up (yet). Of course, it will probably be mediocre at best. Still, Ultron is awesome and all flesh-bags should agree.

Do you have any thoughts or ideas on how the arc should go?

1.Ultron shows up and is beating marvel earths superheroes, the heros despereatly seek out the xmen with there new upgrade and show up and destroy ultron

2. Demon colossus kills him

I have returned

Old Post Jun 29th, 2012 06:30 PM
Colossus-Big C is currently offline Click here to Send Colossus-Big C a Private Message Find more posts by Colossus-Big C Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Originally posted by -K-M-

:lol: :|

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Jun 29th, 2012 06:56 PM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

...Not much I can say about THAT.

Regarding some previous comments, did Bendis write in the Ultron Imperative at all?

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Jun 29th, 2012 08:56 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bouboumaster

Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Old Post Jun 30th, 2012 03:56 AM
Bouboumaster is currently offline Click here to Send Bouboumaster a Private Message Find more posts by Bouboumaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I'll stick with "Punisher: In Space"

Old Post Jun 30th, 2012 04:18 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One-Punch
B-Class Hero

lololol.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2012 04:44 AM
One-Punch is currently offline Click here to Send One-Punch a Private Message Find more posts by One-Punch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

lmfaoooo guess I was wrong.

So Punisher amped by PIS is going to solo the Avengers?

Yeah, I'd much rather have Ultron.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2012 06:24 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

I hope this leads to Ultron getting Frank's brain patterns and starting the U-war.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2012 10:21 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stall_19
Herald of Galactus

I always knew Castle could solo the Avengers. smile

Old Post Jun 30th, 2012 07:04 PM
Stall_19 is currently offline Click here to Send Stall_19 a Private Message Find more posts by Stall_19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Hes going to break mjolnir with a standar shot gun blast probably.

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Jun 30th, 2012 08:08 PM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Crap, the Ultron initiative, I'm such a newb at reading stick out tongue

It seemed weird already to catch Galan doing a comic mistake.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2012 08:40 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Typical from this forum site people assuming certain things will happen before its began.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2012 07:58 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

^ Ultron War is going to happen. That much is confirmed from the comics themselves outright saying "Soon: Ultron War!" or the various interviews with creators. The majority of fans likewise believed the "This is War" teasers hinted at the wouldbe Ultron War arc. It was a good marketing attempt by Marvel though. Got myself and many others by surprise.

Still, Punisher vs. the Avengers is a horrible idea.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2012 03:36 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Still, Punisher vs. the Avengers is a horrible idea.

Yeah that's stupid but how do we know its even Frank?....could a robot of some kind.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2012 06:29 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Rucka Reveals New Details About PUNISHER WAR ZONE

Yeah stupid.......why all of a sudden the Avengers are interested in putting a stop to Frank Castle no expression

Old Post Jul 17th, 2012 06:57 AM
Cogito

lmfaoooo guess I was wrong.

So Punisher amped by PIS is going to solo the Avengers?

Yeah, I'd much rather have Ultron.

Bombs are going to KO Thor and I'm going to lol at Marvel.

"And then there was nothing. A once broken something now void.
And on the first day, Doom spoke...
'Be.'
And then there was life."

Old Post Jul 17th, 2012 03:43 PM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote