KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » Superman in the New 52

Superman in the New 52
Started by: -Pr-

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Yep. Hopefully they start doing it with live action.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 25th, 2013 11:07 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SMIFF-N-WESSON

Miffed

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rao Kal El
^ I agree, you have a lot of patience dude.

It is hard for us humans to concede when we are wrong.

Mods are needed to stop said irrational behaviour that might appear after we have been proven wrong so many times but still cling to our arguments of ignorance.

When we learn that this is just irrational it is easier to overcome.

Spoken well from the man who was proven wrong and continued to press the issue never answering the questions and changing the subject. In my country, we call that an act of dissidence.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2013 04:38 AM
SMIFF-N-WESSON is currently offline Click here to Send SMIFF-N-WESSON a Private Message Find more posts by SMIFF-N-WESSON Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Originally posted by SMIFF-N-WESSON
Spoken well from the man who was proven wrong and continued to press the issue never answering the questions and changing the subject. In my country, we call that an act of dissidence.

You mean like saying that all electromagnetic radiations wavelengths are the same because temperature and color won't matter or affect it?

Thank You Prof. T.C McAbe, You are Superman!

Last edited by Rao Kal El on Apr 28th, 2013 at 05:59 AM

Old Post Apr 28th, 2013 05:53 AM
Rao Kal El is currently offline Click here to Send Rao Kal El a Private Message Find more posts by Rao Kal El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SMIFF-N-WESSON

Miffed

You mean like saying that all electromagnetic radiations wavelengths are the same because temperature and color won't matter or affect it?

Color is affected by Temperature Sir, Please elaborate on your debacle.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2013 02:35 PM
SMIFF-N-WESSON is currently offline Click here to Send SMIFF-N-WESSON a Private Message Find more posts by SMIFF-N-WESSON Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jedi90

does it matter? my original argument is that the whole red sun thing needs to be revisited because it's logic is not sound on any level. the new 52 was a perfect opportunity. it got a pass in the 1960s along with the other heroes who got their power from radiation. it don't fly in today's times except in the eyes of rigid fanboys.

"I don't give them hell, I just tell them the truth and they think it's hell."

Old Post Apr 28th, 2013 03:03 PM
jedi90 is currently offline Click here to Send jedi90 a Private Message Find more posts by jedi90 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

So the whole "change the subject" thing was just ignored? Guys, find something else to talk about.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 28th, 2013 03:06 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jedi90

time to get back on track.

all stars emit solar radiation/ electromagnetic radiation, you've said it yourself, supes is a solar battery. technically he shouldn't have any trouble absorbing it's radiation let alone it weaken him.

internally supes has been handled horribly by geoff johns. expect a another crisis....

Old Post Apr 28th, 2013 03:14 PM
jedi90 is currently offline Click here to Send jedi90 a Private Message Find more posts by jedi90 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jedi90

Originally posted by -Pr-
So the whole "change the subject" thing was just ignored? Guys, find something else to talk about.

ok

Old Post Apr 28th, 2013 03:14 PM
SquallX

Originally posted by jedi90
does it matter? my original argument is that the whole red sun thing needs to be revisited because it's logic is not sound on any level. the new 52 was a perfect opportunity. it got a pass in the 1960s along with the other heroes who got their power from radiation. it don't fly in today's times except in the eyes of rigid fanboys.

Following youre line of thinking, i guess they should change how a force users get force abilities.

I mean as long as you have those bacterias in you, you can use the force.

You need to lighten up, this is fiction, doesn't always have to make sun.

Superman gets his powers form sunlight, and force users get there through the force through the amount of Midi-chlorian in there system.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2013 04:04 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Lol at the tweedle brothers

Old Post Apr 28th, 2013 07:33 PM
Rao Kal El is currently offline Click here to Send Rao Kal El a Private Message Find more posts by Rao Kal El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jedi90

Originally posted by SquallX
Following youre line of thinking, i guess they should change how a force users get force abilities.

I mean as long as you have those bacterias in you, you can use the force.

You need to lighten up, this is fiction, doesn't always have to make sun.

Superman gets his powers form sunlight, and force users get there through the force through the amount of Midi-chlorian in there system.

1. you're not following my line of thinking so your comparison is irrelevant and illogical.

2. we're in a forum about superman where discussion of anything related to him is welcomed.

3. you're more than welcome to debate the force............ in the star wars forum.

4. you're trying to be argumentative for the sake of arguing. fail.

Last edited by jedi90 on Apr 28th, 2013 at 07:57 PM

Old Post Apr 28th, 2013 07:44 PM
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Old Post Apr 28th, 2013 07:56 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Guys, shut the **** up about it. Seriously.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 28th, 2013 08:01 PM
jedi90

anyways.

i enjoyed the first 10 issues of action comics but the stories seemed to go south after he got his superman armor. title dropped.

justice league.......first arc was horrible. title dropped.

geoff johns and dan didio have no idea what they are doing........
http://www.comicsalliance.com/2011/...dio-continuity/

Old Post Apr 28th, 2013 08:39 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

League was quite complimentary to Superman, I thought. And it continued to be, even up to the current issue.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 28th, 2013 10:13 PM
SquallX

The only thing i hate in the new 52 regarding Superman is the way Lobell has been handling the romance between Kal and Diana.

John made it clear that there both happy together, yet in every Superman title, he keeps making Superman acting like a douche in reference to Jonathon and Lois. Even going as far as saying he has Diana.

Which in my case destroys the whole Clark needs needed a new romantic interest in this arc because they keep making him referencing Lois.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2013 10:20 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jedi90

League was quite complimentary to Superman, I thought. And it continued to be, even up to the current issue.

i don't know how the series is going now since i stopped reading it after aquaman and wonder woman gouge out darksied's eyes towards the end of the story arc.

the writing and characterization just came off as very juvenile to me.

i came in reading the story as if i never heard of the justice league. the story relies heavy on pre reboot knowledge which shouldn't be the case.

action comics was a better treatment of supes in that you saw him struggle and take a beating. for some reason when he puts his armor on in the series the story sucks.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2013 02:16 AM
SMIFF-N-WESSON

Miffed

Guys, shut the **** up about it. Seriously.

Shame on you PR, using such expression in a friendly debate.

The only one getting irate is you.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2013 05:02 AM
SMIFF-N-WESSON

Gentlemen, we will not get a scientific accurate answer to tell comics but it's not the 1960's anymore.
There needs to be some updates to make a lil more sense.
In some of your minds (like your forefathers) women are still in the kitchen, slaves are still in the field and Asians are buck toothed ignorant simpletons.
It's 2013 gentlemen, I'm sure we could apply better parameters on Superman's strengths and weaknesses (example) color of the Sun.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2013 05:09 AM
SquallX

Originally posted by SMIFF-N-WESSON
Gentlemen, we will not get a scientific accurate answer to tell comics but it's not the 1960's anymore.
There needs to be some updates to make a lil more sense.
In some of your minds (like your forefathers) women are still in the kitchen, slaves are still in the field and Asians are buck toothed ignorant simpletons.
It's 2013 gentlemen, I'm sure we could apply better parameters on Superman's strengths and weaknesses (example) color of the Sun.

Why? Tell me what's so bad about him getting his powers from the sun?

Barry Allen still received his powers from a freak accident when a lighting bolt hit some chemicals.

Jordan received his powers from a magical ring from a dying alien.

Hulk's mutation stayed the same.

So, tell me why change something like that.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2013 05:22 AM