KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » Superman in the New 52

Superman in the New 52
Started by: -Pr-

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zack Fair
Fanboy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Newjak
Gotta say in some regards it makes a lot of sense for Superman and wonder Woman to be together.

There aren't too many people who can really understand what it's like to be a practically indestructible insanely powerful person.
Not to mention them being alien to mankind.

Jim Lee's WW is ...

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Last edited by Zack Fair on Aug 30th, 2012 at 05:43 AM

Old Post Aug 30th, 2012 05:41 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by -Pr-
Johns did say he wants it to last a while, so IMO what he has to do is actually give them a reason to want to be together other than being alone. They need common interests, to be able to talk to each other etc.

It's not like the sex is going to be an issue, so they have to work on other things.
It depends on where they decide to go with each character. I haven't read much Superman and nothing of the New Wonder Woman yet so how much are they like their previous versions?

I could see a good writer balancing their personalities out to match each other pretty well while still keeping them distinctly Wonder Woman and Superman.

Plus they already have one major common interest. Being a superhero for justice!!!

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Aug 30th, 2012 12:31 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by Zack Fair
Not to mention them being alien to mankind.

Jim Lee's WW is ...
Yeah if I could find a real life girl that looked like Wonder Woman in those scans that's I wouldn't need anyone else big grin

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Aug 30th, 2012 12:32 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Newjak
It depends on where they decide to go with each character. I haven't read much Superman and nothing of the New Wonder Woman yet so how much are they like their previous versions?

I could see a good writer balancing their personalities out to match each other pretty well while still keeping them distinctly Wonder Woman and Superman.

Plus they already have one major common interest. Being a superhero for justice!!!

they're not radically different. Superman is a bit less "homely", in that he's not as experienced or grown up as the pre-reboot version. Diana seems close enough to her previous version too.

laughing out loud

You are right; it's not impossible. A decent writer can make it work; I just hope Johns is that writer.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Aug 30th, 2012 12:38 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

It's all a setup for Barry to steal her

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Aug 30th, 2012 12:49 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by Lek Kuen
Don't say such things stick out tongue

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Aug 30th, 2012 01:06 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Lek Kuen

She'd break him in half.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 30th, 2012 01:12 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

Originally posted by Mr. Rhythmic
So I read the new issue, and I don't get it: What exactly is the 'secret' of Superman's suit.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2012 03:58 PM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Mr. Rhythmic

They still haven't really told us, sadly.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 30th, 2012 10:32 PM
Diesldude

Eradicator? Just a hunch, not based on anything.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2012 02:06 PM
Diesldude is currently offline Click here to Send Diesldude a Private Message Find more posts by Diesldude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I'm just waiting to see how long it is before Superman knocks her up.

Just a coincidence that she's not a clay golem anymore? Or part of a plan?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 31st, 2012 10:38 PM
PillarofOsiris

It looked like Captain Marvel is going to be fighting WW and Superman eventually. They better not make CM seem above Superman.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2012 05:22 AM
PillarofOsiris is currently offline Click here to Send PillarofOsiris a Private Message Find more posts by PillarofOsiris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
It looked like Captain Marvel is going to be fighting WW and Superman eventually. They better not make CM seem above Superman.

Billy will do all right, but I very much doubt Johns would make one look superior to another.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 1st, 2012 05:54 AM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Originally posted by PillarofOsiris

If anything, they'll probably be portrayed as peers physically with magic being the x-factor Billy has over Clark.

Which is pretty much in line for almost every Superman/Captain Marvel encounter ever. Nothing to get preemptively angry or annoyed with, though.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2012 12:19 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Will Superman take a dive this time too?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2012 10:20 PM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Well, some people seem to think DC has this agenda to make Superman less powerful and formidable, so who knows?

Old Post Sep 4th, 2012 12:54 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Well, some people seem to think DC has this agenda to make Superman less powerful and formidable, so who knows?

With Matt Idelson and the like involved, I honestly wouldn't be surprised.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 4th, 2012 01:17 AM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Seems counter productive to actively plot against your flagship icon and the biggest name in the industry.

I won't argue against Superman being handled in terrible stories (some of them have been bad, even before DCnU, obviously) but a concentrated movement to actually make Superman look bad? Doesn't make sense. It makes more sense that writers just don't "get" the character or don't give a shit than actually wanting him to fail.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2012 07:58 PM
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Seems counter productive to actively plot against your flagship icon and the biggest name in the industry.
It's not so much me and others "thinking" that they have that agenda, as it is the Superman line editor himself, Matt Idelson, stating it.

And as far as he's concerned, he's not "plotting against" Superman - he actually thinks that seeing him weak, beaten and self-doubting will get people who didn't like him before to like him now.

So it's not really bad intentions, as it is the fact that he's a complete and utter incompetent idiot.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Sep 4th, 2012 08:13 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Originally posted by Philosophía
It's not so much me and others "thinking" that they have that agenda, as it is the Superman line editor himself, Matt Idelson, stating it.

And as far as he's concerned, he's not "plotting against" Superman - he actually thinks that seeing him weak, beaten and self-doubting will get people who didn't like him before to like him now.

So it's not really bad intentions, as it is the fact that he's a complete and utter incompetent idiot.

He's actually stated he believes portraying Superman in a position of weakness will get people behind the character more?

Old Post Sep 5th, 2012 12:45 AM