KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Guardians Of The Galaxy (2014)

Guardians Of The Galaxy (2014)
Started by: roughrider

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (33): « First ... « 28 29 [30] 31 32 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

quote: (post)
Originally posted by janus77
Fox still have the rights to Surfer? Even after the dire shite that was FF: Rise of The Silver Surfer?

God, there must be some human rights grounds on which to challenge their ownership of these rights... no

and they are keeping the surfer , galactus rights. Thats why they rushed out a new shitty fantastic four reboot thats coming out next year.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2014 12:18 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

sad

So how did Marvel get QuickSilver back, even though X-M: DoFP (Fox) just introduced him into the X-Men franchise?

Are you a Glinting Bastard?

Old Post Aug 9th, 2014 12:22 AM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Originally posted by janus77
sad

So how did Marvel get QuickSilver back, even though X-M: DoFP (Fox) just introduced him into the X-Men franchise?

They dont have quicksilver or scarlet witch back fully. They have to share them with fox because they are mutants and because they have always been "key" avengers throughout their history. As long as marvel doesnt say they are mutants or that magneto is their father , they can use them.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2014 12:31 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

Ah, thanks for that. That's actually quite interesting to know.
Didn't realise how complicated the rights were.

Are you a Glinting Bastard?

Old Post Aug 9th, 2014 12:36 AM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WhiteWitchKing

Originally posted by Inhuman
and they are keeping the surfer , galactus rights. Thats why they rushed outt a new shitty fantastic four reboot thats coming out next year.

The FF are not Spiderman or X Men. They're as well known as Hulk and we've seen how Hulk did. Unless this reboot is that good, FF is going to tank like every others Fox had: Dare Devil, Elektra & Ghost Rider.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2014 03:06 AM
WhiteWitchKing is currently offline Click here to Send WhiteWitchKing a Private Message Find more posts by WhiteWitchKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
The FF are not Spiderman or X Men. They're as well known as Hulk and we've seen how Hulk did. Unless this reboot is that good, FF is going to tank like every others Fox had: Dare Devil, Elektra & Ghost Rider.

Yeah i think most of us are hoping the new FF movie Tanks.
I just hope that Marvel can get the rights back fast enough to include Galactus and Surfer in phase 3 before going up against Infinity Gauntlet Thanos.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2014 03:23 AM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Elektra was the only one of those to tank as far as boxoffice gross vs. budget cost goes.

BTW GOTG is on my top favorite comic films now.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2014 03:24 AM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cherry cola

I was surprised by how good the movie was. The humor really makes the movie. Loved hearing Thanos' voice on screen. The final fight probably one of the funniest things I've seen and sells the scene.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2014 04:21 AM
cherry cola is currently offline Click here to Send cherry cola a Private Message Find more posts by cherry cola Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WhiteWitchKing

Originally posted by juggernaut74
Elektra was the only one of those to tank as far as boxoffice gross vs. budget cost goes.

BTW GOTG is on my top favorite comic films now.

But marketing cost and profit split with the theaters likely ate up most of the profits for most of those movies though.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2014 05:13 AM
WhiteWitchKing is currently offline Click here to Send WhiteWitchKing a Private Message Find more posts by WhiteWitchKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

FF1 was profitable. Whilst "FF: Rise of the Giant Cloud or Whatever" likely lost money when you factor in marketing and the share of sales theatres take.

But I doubt the reboot will flop given cast and director.

It's funny though you guys only want Marvel to get the FF rights back for Galactus and Silver Surfer to be part of the MCU, but don't seem to give a rat's ass about the FF themselves. I actually want a good FF movie : (

Although I do think a stand alone Surfer movie would do the character more Justice than just introducing him in FF or Avengers.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2014 05:31 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing

Correction

Fox never had Ghost Rider Columbia Pictures did

the F4 is as well know as the Hulk....its pretty good because is fairly well known.

Last edited by Kazenji on Aug 9th, 2014 at 05:59 AM

Old Post Aug 9th, 2014 05:54 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Femi32

Originally posted by DARTH POWER

It's funny though you guys only want Marvel to get the FF rights back for Galactus and Silver Surfer to be part of the MCU, but don't seem to give a rat's ass about the FF themselves. I actually want a good FF movie : (

I'm guilty of that. Fantastic Four would be great for Marvel to have, though. It would be great to see Mr. Fantastic one up Tony in the science department.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2014 06:02 AM
Femi32 is currently offline Click here to Send Femi32 a Private Message Find more posts by Femi32 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WhiteWitchKing

FF1 was profitable. Whilst "FF: Rise of the Giant Cloud or Whatever" likely lost money when you factor in marketing and the share of sales theatres take.

But I doubt the reboot will flop given cast and director.

Although I do think a stand alone Surfer movie would do the character more Justice than just introducing him in FF or Avengers.

I want the FF back because of Galactus, Dr Doom, the Skrulls, Heralds, Annihilus, and anything else that has to do with the FF. We both know Marvel would make a FF movie so that's no worries. But yeah, it's the various other characters that the FF have attached to them that would make the MU even richer. I'd love it if they made a FF, but the first and foremost reason are the supporting cast. Aside from Red Skull, there's no other true mastermind adversary on Earth. Some dominant, Earth-originated, villain like Doom is needed.

Originally posted by Kazenji
Correction

Fox never had Ghost Rider Columbia Pictures did

the F4 is as well know as the Hulk....its pretty good because is fairly well known.

My bad regarding GR. But I doubt FF is as well known as Hulk though. Look at how many cultural references their are of Hulk compared to FF. International Hulk is still more well known that FF.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2014 08:53 AM
Darth Thor

^ Yeah Hulk's much better known than FF. In fact Hulk is probably one of the most recognizable and famous comic book characters out there.

But despite that TIH movie didn't clean house at the box office (even had a cameo from Tony Stark to help boost it). Looking at that and the success of GOTG, how famous a property is, is no longer the deciding factor at the box office.

The thing that will hurt the FF reboot is people still remembering how bad the first 2 were. The thing that will help it is the cast, director, screenwriter. And possibly making as little reference to the name Fantastic Four as possible for the first movie (due to the bad taste the other movies left)...

But in the end it will come down to Quality.

I agree the Fantastic Four has a rich world of characters attached to it which really would enhance the MCU further. But I think they should be introuduced through the FF to do the FF justice personally.

Apart from Silver Surfer. I really think the best thing for the Silver Surfer would be to do a solo movie for him, kind of like that animated series they did once which had nothing to do with the FF. Even though they ran out of ideas quickly and the show tanked, I really think the pilot episode of that would translate well on the Big Screen, and flesh out the Surfer's character better. Crossovers could be done after that.

Btw that makes me think shouldn't Fox also have the rights to Thanos? His rights should be attached to Silver Surfer (as well as Avengers) shouldn't they?

Last edited by Darth Thor on Aug 9th, 2014 at 02:24 PM

Old Post Aug 9th, 2014 02:22 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

I would think first and formost Thanos' rights would be attached to Captain Marvel wouldn't they? Didn't he start out as his villain?

Old Post Aug 9th, 2014 06:22 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Seems your right. His first appearance was actually in Iron Man, then Captain Marvel and many Avenger issues.

He was revived in Silver Surfer series later.

Seems kind of weird to me though to not have Surfer and Galactus in the same Universe as Thanos.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2014 06:34 PM
WhiteWitchKing

^ Yeah Hulk's much better known than FF. In fact Hulk is probably one of the most recognizable and famous comic book characters out there.

But despite that TIH movie didn't clean house at the box office (even had a cameo from Tony Stark to help boost it). Looking at that and the success of GOTG, how famous a property is, is no longer the deciding factor at the box office.

The thing that will hurt the FF reboot is people still remembering how bad the first 2 were. The thing that will help it is the cast, director, screenwriter. And possibly making as little reference to the name Fantastic Four as possible for the first movie (due to the bad taste the other movies left)...

But in the end it will come down to Quality.

I agree the Fantastic Four has a rich world of characters attached to it which really would enhance the MCU further. But I think they should be introuduced through the FF to do the FF justice personally.

Apart from Silver Surfer. I really think the best thing for the Silver Surfer would be to do a solo movie for him, kind of like that animated series they did once which had nothing to do with the FF. Even though they ran out of ideas quickly and the show tanked, I really think the pilot episode of that would translate well on the Big Screen, and flesh out the Surfer's character better. Crossovers could be done after that.

Btw that makes me think shouldn't Fox also have the rights to Thanos? His rights should be attached to Silver Surfer (as well as Avengers) shouldn't they?

No, Thanos was first introduced in Iron Man. He's been more of an Avengers foe than Fantastic Four. His many appearances include old Adam Warlock, Mar-Vell, and Surfer runs. But the Mar-Vell and Warlock runs were way before the Surfer comics so no way would he be more affiliated with Surfer. I think it also comes to to terms of agreement. FF was likely FF main prize and certain characters were agreed upon depending on $$$. The Kree first appeared in FF and are one of the main foes yet through some terms of agreement, Marvel had rights to them.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2014 06:38 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by JayDaDon
I would think first and formost Thanos' rights would be attached to Captain Marvel wouldn't they? Didn't he start out as his villain?

I want to know how did they manage to use Ronan the Accuser, Since he started out in a F4 comic and of course Fox has the rights for them.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2014 02:27 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by JayDaDon

His first ever appearance was in an Iron Man comic. Perhaps a lawyer in court made the argument that puts him in the Avengers/Marvel Cinematic Universe.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Aug 10th, 2014 02:54 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Kazenji
I want to know how did they manage to use Ronan the Accuser, Since he started out in a F4 comic and of course Fox has the rights for them.
Marvel has the rights for Kree. I assume Ronan is an extension of those rights.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2014 03:59 AM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote