KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Best travelling speed feats

Best travelling speed feats
Started by: abhilegend

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (55): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
janus77
Banana Genius

QS >>> Phoenix-Frost is the best non-Surfer speed feat I can think of.

Are you a Glinting Bastard?

Old Post Jul 25th, 2012 03:58 AM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
what do you mean "used ten seconds". Was ten seconds stated in the comic?
lol you are not understanding. Clear your mind.

I wanted to know where he got his numbers from. I reverse engineered the relevant equations and found out HE USED (not me) 10 seconds for the Time in the equation Speed=Distance/Time to make his calculations. I never agreed on his 10 seconds and neither does the comic state 10 seconds.
IMO, the conversation should have taken at least 20 seconds.

In other words, I have no idea where he got the 10 seconds from.

-General Zod: Superman II

Last edited by h1a8 on Jul 25th, 2012 at 04:17 AM

Old Post Jul 25th, 2012 04:14 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by Bouboumaster
This is INSANE! This shit takes the cake!

Not really, the scene took about 1-3 seconds. Not 25% of a thousandth of a second.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Jul 25th, 2012 04:16 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

Are you a Glinting Bastard?

Old Post Jul 25th, 2012 04:19 AM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by Galan007
Azrael 1M traveling from Pluto to Mars in a nanosecond:
(please log in to view the image)
According to a quick Google search, it is about 3,500,000,000 miles from Pluto to Mars on average. Azrael covered this distance in a nanosecond. Do the math.

Considering no specifics were given regarding the amount of time it took them to travel that distance, I'm curious to know how you came up with such an exorbitant figure..?

This is the best one I have seen so far.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2012 04:21 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by h1a8
lol you are not understanding. Clear your mind.

I wanted to know where he got his numbers from. I reverse engineered the relevant equations and found out HE USED (not me) 10 seconds for the Time in the equation Speed=Distance/Time to make his calculations. I never agreed on his 10 seconds and neither does the comic state 10 seconds.
IMO, the conversation should have taken at least 20 seconds.

In other words, I have no idea where he got the 10 seconds from.

I was just waiting for you to explain.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jul 25th, 2012 04:21 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

No one is as fast as the Flash. Not even himself.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2012 04:30 AM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

The Glimmer, who ran perpendicular to time.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2012 04:34 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bouboumaster

Not really, the scene took about 1-3 seconds. Not 25% of a thousandth of a second.

If it took you more than one second to land a punch, than you must be the worst fighter ever, dude. Or Stephan Hawking.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2012 05:07 AM
Bouboumaster is currently offline Click here to Send Bouboumaster a Private Message Find more posts by Bouboumaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Considering no specifics were given regarding the amount of time it took them to travel that distance, I'm curious to know how you came up with such an exorbitant figure..?

I just took a rough estimation of the average distance between Oa(sector 0) and Krypton(sector 2813) based upon the fact that the guardians separated entire universe into 3600 sectors and I assumed the entire scene happened in 1 minute as a safe bet.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2012 06:09 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Dream Stuff
And how long did that take? It seemed pretty quick, since Prime didn't fight back, but what kind of range are you using to estimate it?

I assumed this entire scene happened in one minute, although it seemed only moments.

Originally posted by psycho gundam
with prime saying they're not fast enough to send him into the speed force

And? You are not saying that they were going sub-light speeds to cross over 3/4th distance of the universe, are you? People like Johnny quick and Max mercury whose maximum speeds were nowhere near lightspeed have entered into speed force. Its the un-official rule over there in DC that unless you are a member of flash family you can't enter into the speed force.

Originally posted by Harbinger
Like last thread, just vote for Supes, clowns.

This is not a contest.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2012 06:23 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by CosmicComet
Doom is faster.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Jul 25th, 2012 06:25 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

And how do you know 10 seconds? Seems like if you read the narrative, it happened in a short moment. Conversation ended as he entered warp speed and started again once they hit the destination. As far as I can tell, it can be argued that the whole thing took .01 of a second as much as it can be argued that it took 10 seconds. Tho 10 seconds would be plenty time to "comprehend the escoteric beauty of the universe blah blah..." so that might not be all that arguable either...

Seems silly to start timing yourself talking to yourself without first determining if there was even a conversation that happened mid-travel to begin with.

But the question stands tho. Doesn't Surfer entering a form of hyperspace disqualify the feat?

Last edited by Nibedicus on Jul 25th, 2012 at 07:11 AM

Old Post Jul 25th, 2012 07:09 AM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by abhilegend
I just took a rough estimation of the average distance between Oa(sector 0) and Krypton(sector 2813) based upon the fact that the guardians separated entire universe into 3600 sectors and I assumed the entire scene happened in 1 minute as a safe bet.

Its the un-official rule over there in DC that unless you are a member of flash family you can't enter into the speed force.
*cough*Dianna did it easily*cough*

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jul 25th, 2012 03:29 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Colossus-Big C
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by CosmicComet
This. And its proven.

I have returned

Old Post Jul 25th, 2012 03:37 PM
Colossus-Big C is currently offline Click here to Send Colossus-Big C a Private Message Find more posts by Colossus-Big C Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

*cough*Dianna did it easily*cough*

She was just on the outer limit of the speed force, she never entered it.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2012 04:12 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

She was in the SF, iirc.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2012 04:18 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

She was in the SF, iirc.

Nope, read it again. She was on the outer limit and discouraged jesse from entering SF.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2012 04:37 PM
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

That's the only way he could get his answer from. He used 10 seconds.
But the conversation took at least 20 seconds. I used a stopwatch and read the conversation in natural speed.
laughing

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post Jul 25th, 2012 04:45 PM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

And? You are not saying that they were going sub-light speeds to cross over 3/4th distance of the universe, are you? People like Johnny quick and Max mercury whose maximum speeds were nowhere near lightspeed have entered into speed force. Its the un-official rule over there in DC that unless you are a member of flash family you can't enter into the speed force.
Just remembered that that Flashes didn't drop Prime in the speed force anyway...

Nope, read it again. She was on the outer limit and discouraged jesse from entering SF.
She still breached the 'walls' of the SF, without having a direct connection to the SF. Huge.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2012 05:02 PM