KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » How are comic books doing these days? Future?

How are comic books doing these days? Future?
Started by: OB1-adobe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bentley
Seitei

We finally got nice licensed properties with Boom!'s Planet of the Apes and actually several good ones with IDw.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2013 05:52 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Transformers is still great from IDW

and Mars Attacks is another good new property that they've gotten.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2013 06:07 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

I forgot about IDW. How is transformers? I know there is also a snake eyes series.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2013 06:31 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Golgo13
I forgot about IDW. How is transformers?

Extremely awesome. I follow Robots in Disguise and More than Meets the Eye.

In both cases, the war has ended. In MTMTE, a bunch of Autobots (plus Cyclonus, plus Tailgate, a pre-war bot who missed the war) lead by Rodimus/Hot Shot go out on a quest to find the legendary founders of cybertronian society. The writer is really fun, he does great dialog.

In RID, Autobots, Decepticons, and returning Neutrals (various bots who fled the war and went into hiding) try and form a post-war society. Starscream and his politics play a large role (and you will be shocked how often you root for him), Prowl does dirty work behind the scenes to keep things under control, Bumblebee leads the coalition government, and there's a lot of stuff going on.

I love 'em both.

There's also Regenesis, which I haven't read, but it's a direct followup to the old Marvel series by the same writer, Simon Furman.

(Also licensed, Archie's Megaman and Sonic the Hedgehog/Sonic Universe are both pretty fun! They have good action and solid continuing stories nowadays)

Sales are already dropping considerably, but that is because of the amount of varient covers. Once man of stel and jla come out not to mention trinity war I think dc will be on top again.

It's the first two issues, there's always drop without exception because stores know more people buy #1s to sample it. It really means nothing in terms of judging where it'll stabilize. They're still doing really well.

As for man of steel and trinity war, they're events, but they aren't line-wide mega events, so the sales effect isn't in the same league as Marvel Now or Nu52 were.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2013 01:38 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Trinity war will be dcs first big event. I believe it was dan who stated this. Plus they need to fill the before watchmen gap.

Transformers seems interesting. Might have to pick up the trades on amazon.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2013 05:03 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

Originally posted by Bentley
We finally got nice licensed properties with Boom!'s Planet of the Apes and actually several good ones with IDw.
IDWs Gi joe has been really good. They made some major changes and now cobra feels like a threating terrorist organization. Its gotten a little slow since most of the focus has been on snakeeyes but its still very good.

Made by Jugg666

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2013 05:12 AM
HueyFreeman is currently offline Click here to Send HueyFreeman a Private Message Find more posts by HueyFreeman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Transformers seems interesting. Might have to pick up the trades on amazon.

Start with More Than Meets the Eye Vol 1. It's got the launch-pad issue.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2013 07:12 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

How many volumes are there total?

thanks.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2013 08:44 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Q99

In RID, Autobots, Decepticons, and returning Neutrals (various bots who fled the war and went into hiding) try and form a post-war society. Starscream and his politics play a large role (and you will be shocked how often you root for him), Prowl does dirty work behind the scenes to keep things under control, Bumblebee leads the coalition government, and there's a lot of stuff going on.

Megatrons also back and he's all ****ed up from the Chaos Event (which i didn't read myself)

Originally posted by Q99
Start with More Than Meets the Eye Vol 1. It's got the launch-pad issue.

Didn't know that

i just jump onboard with Robots In Disguise .

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2013 11:28 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

How many volumes are there total?

thanks.

Two volumes of each are out in trade (up to issue 8-9). The singles are up to issue 13.

Originally posted by Kazenji
Megatrons also back and he's all ****ed up from the Chaos Event (which i didn't read myself)

Good. Long story short, Galvatron (non-Megatron related ancient cybertronian) did some stuff, stuff happened, the Decepticons on Cybertron were knocked out by it allowing their capture, and the planet got a jump-start and sent a signal across the galaxy saying "War's over!".

The chaos event wasn't on the level of the later stuff, or even some of the earlier stuff of the same comic.

It's not painful or anything, but IDW transformers is best when it's about transformers dealing with transformers, not cosmic-y big events.

quote:

Didn't know that

i just jump onboard with Robots In Disguise .

Ah well, you'll be fine smile

Old Post Jan 24th, 2013 12:13 AM