KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Initiation

STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Initiation
Started by: REXXXX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (31): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Peach
mordrem

It's quite likely - previous visions that Rianna's had involved pretty big and important things that involved her personally. I doubt things that happened on Bespin would have had quite the impact they had on her, had she been forewarned of what he was up to. If the Force had been trying to give her a glimpse he definitely would have wanted to keep that from happening.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Aug 14th, 2012 03:17 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Would knowing what was to occur on Bespin have changed anything for Rianna?

Old Post Aug 14th, 2012 03:19 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

In some ways it'd be likely, yeah. Knowing what was going to happen would have made things less of a surprise for her, she would have been less likely to trust Zalt (and may have actually met with the Administrator when he wanted to see her), and quite possibly would not have wound up in the situation at the end where she decided to try and run and then everything went to hell from there.

On the other hand, Rianna tends to dwell on things and is fairly fearful and paranoid, and visions disturb her greatly...so who knows. Knowing what was going to happen could also make her so worried about it that she'd fail completely at trying to stop it.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2012 03:26 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Does Rianna believe that things can be prevented if predicted?

Old Post Aug 14th, 2012 03:29 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Well, she sure doesn't believe that things are set in stone and will always happen a certain way, so to an extent, yes. Not everything can be prevented but many things could be. Visions only show possibilities, after all.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2012 03:32 AM
REXXXX
Networking

What do you think you could have prevented with foreknowledge?

Old Post Aug 16th, 2012 09:30 PM
Peach
mordrem

If she had known to not trust Zalt ahead of time, then the whole mess at the end may very well have been preventable, she thinks...

Old Post Aug 17th, 2012 03:00 AM
REXXXX
Networking

So you think that Zaltus, Captain of the Wing Guard, is wholly to blame for the murder of two Jedi by your hand?

Old Post Aug 18th, 2012 09:06 AM
Peach
mordrem

Heh...no. But she feels like that had unstabilized her far more than it should have. She didn't want to kill either of them, after all.

Myraline's attitude did not help things, either...

Old Post Aug 18th, 2012 01:46 PM
REXXXX
Networking

So you are saying that Rianna did not want to kill the Jedi, nor did she want the Dark Side?

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2012 07:18 AM
Peach
mordrem

Of course she didn't! She'd been trying to fight Rand's attempts for ages, had not wanted to fight Ciira or Myraline at all...going to the Dark Side was about the only thing she wanted to avoid more than returning to Coruscant.

Ultimately, she blames Rand; had he not made her so unstable with his machinations, she would not have wound up in a position where she could have fallen.

Also she does not yet believe (or refuses to) that she has turned to the Dark Side.

Last edited by Peach on Aug 22nd, 2012 at 03:34 PM

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2012 03:31 PM
REXXXX
Networking

The problem with that logic is that it is patently untrue; nobody makes you go to the Dark Side, although they can maybe set in place situations where it is more likely for it to happen. But ultimately, you have to want it. Anakin chose the Dark Side because he wanted the power to save Padme. And for an in-game example, Gallagher rejected the Dark Side because, while it would allow him to stop Sienar's famine going that route, it would also turn him into an outlaw.

You make a Willpower roll as your mind tries to reject the fact that you have fallen to the Dark Side. Two successes is enough to stay calm... for now.

You are also concerned that your wounds are still hurting.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2012 07:29 PM
Peach
mordrem

Still, Rianna fully believes that she would not have fallen had she not been manipulated the way she had been. To her mind, her actions were because she was out of options and had no other way to survive.

That does worry her, quite a bit...

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2012 01:03 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Ah, well, that's the Dark Jedi in you talking. Of course it was someone else's fault!

If only you had some light to examine them.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2012 01:47 AM
Peach
mordrem

It'll take quite a bit of doing before Rianna will admit to herself that she's gone to the Dark Side. For now she's convinced that she hasn't done so fully and still wants to fight it...even though she's really in no state to do so.

Yeah, if only...if only she weren't stuck in there at all. That'd be preferable...

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2012 03:03 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Indeed. Especially as a rushing sound has started all around your casket.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2012 03:39 AM
Peach
mordrem

Well that has Rianna even more worried...can she sense anything about what's going on outside?

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2012 03:42 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Nope! Your wounds are too troublesome for you to focus correctly. Not to mention you feel as though you have been deprived of most senses! Aside from your own breath, this is the first thing you have heard since you have come to.

And now cold water is trickling into the casket.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2012 03:49 AM
Peach
mordrem

Okay now she's going to start panicking pretty soon I think. She's going to try again to see if there's any way to get this damn thing open so she can get out of there before she drowns...

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2012 03:55 AM
REXXXX
Networking

How do you want to search for an opening?

The cold water is starting to fill the casket! It splashes across your back first and dampens your hair. Some of your scratches start to sting.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2012 04:02 AM