KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- The Bannermen

STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- The Bannermen
Started by: REXXXX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (19): « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
REXXXX
Networking

You move on! Speeding along through open water is faster going, but eventually it comes time for you to dive into the tunnels again. It gets darker and darker as you move into the planet's core, until your only light source comes from the headlamps on your submergible.

Oh, as well as the flora and fauna of Naboo's deep sea. The fish glimmer with a natural light at this depth, as do some seaweeds. You pass vents in the crust, where water boils from the core's heat.

A series of decent Pilot rolls means you come through this segment taking minimal damage, as the submarine strains from the pressure. You take 5 damage; not bad, considering what could have happened were you not a capable pilot.

King Evand and Trozen are mesmerized by the scenery; they have never been somewhere like this before. Halloy is decidedly dry.

It is when you are coming near your destination that you start to feel endangered again.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2012 08:24 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

Evasive maneuvers. Look for anything that could pose the danger.

A long time have I waited for this, my little green friend!

Old Post Nov 21st, 2012 04:55 PM
Jedireaper is currently offline Click here to Send Jedireaper a Private Message Find more posts by Jedireaper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

You are passing a cluster of underwater pillars when you see the sea monster crawling around them. This one is much larger than the giant fish that tried to eat you, and it is clearly stalking you. It is reminscent of an scaly underwater lion, and its claws are huge.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2012 05:29 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

Can we lose it amoung the pillars?

Old Post Nov 21st, 2012 05:38 PM
Jedireaper is currently offline Click here to Send Jedireaper a Private Message Find more posts by Jedireaper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

That involves driving toward it.

"Maybe we can beat it to the city?" King Evand says.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2012 06:04 PM
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

Can Denz get as much speed out of the engines as possible?

"Worth a shot. Force be with us."

Old Post Nov 21st, 2012 06:36 PM
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

IGNORE PREVIOUS POST

"Theres always a bigger fish." Denzral muttered, as he nodded to the King's suggestion, and threw the craft into full speed, aiming for the bright orbs of the city. "Hang on! And Force be with us."

Old Post Nov 21st, 2012 07:04 PM
REXXXX
Networking

This is going to be a matter of pure speed, then! A schtick like Speed King would come in handy here. You jet off in a sudden burst of the speed. The sea monster was expecting that and pounces after you.

You roll two successes on your Pilot roll to three successes on its Agility roll. It is in striking distance! It tries to slap your craft to one side with a huge webbed paw.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2012 09:59 PM
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

Dive down under it, trying to keep the same speed initially. At this point Denz will attempt to alternate speeds to throw the creature off, can denz identify any weak looking spots on the creature?

Old Post Nov 21st, 2012 10:15 PM
REXXXX
Networking

You have to choose; you can evade the strike, keep speeding along, or try finding a weak spot. Trozen can't help you with that in a split second decision.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2012 12:25 AM
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

I'll evade.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2012 01:29 AM
REXXXX
Networking

The submarine rolls out of harm's way as the monster's claws swipe past it. However, you are still in attack range and it is going to try again.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2012 05:25 AM
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

What can the Force tell Denz about the action of ramming it?

Old Post Nov 27th, 2012 02:10 PM
REXXXX
Networking

That isn't really something you can sense the outcome of.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2012 04:32 AM
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

Denzral will attempt to ram it where it's gills are located. ( swear I already posted this last week)

Old Post Dec 17th, 2012 01:13 AM
REXXXX
Networking

The beast is going to make a roll to avoid you, of course. You both roll two successes each... negating each other. You don't ram the sea monster, and it doesn't eat you, but you don't get anywhere.

It is going to try again.

"Try again!" Trozen suggests.

"Why doesn't this thing have guns?" Evand whines.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2012 12:49 AM
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

Denzral will attempt the move again.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2012 09:19 PM
REXXXX
Networking

This time, you out-maneuver the beast! Rolling four successes, you slam into its gills, jostling the submarine and its occupants. The beast appears to gag and hold back... giving you room to jet ahead!

Old Post Dec 28th, 2012 03:12 AM
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

Will we make the city before it's upon us?

Old Post Jan 1st, 2013 04:23 AM
REXXXX
Networking

You aren't sure. Even as you speed away, the monster is already lunging after you, intending to finally get you in its clutches.

This is when you detect something on the submarine's sensors. A sonic pulse emanating from the city washes over the craft and the monster pursuing you.

The result is an awful screech from your controls, and the monster thrashing wildly before turning tail and fleeing.

Giving you a calm entry into the city! You notice right away several Gungans swimming beyond its bubbly boundaries, spears in hand and watching your path closely.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2013 09:02 AM