KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- The Bannermen

STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- The Bannermen
Started by: REXXXX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (19): « First ... « 14 15 [16] 17 18 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
REXXXX
Networking

You have 7 Force points, having not used any yet this story.

If you had Focused Blow or Street Fighting, an unarmed attack on the Ohura might go better. Otherwise, you will test just how strong those scales are.

I will say that recoup opportunities for Force points will come.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2014 06:28 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

Okay good. In that case, still doing the same thing but I'll add the use of the Force power, strike in there, or evade if it gets initive (if absolutely necessary).

Can Denz figure out what it uses to move through the water?

A long time have I waited for this, my little green friend!

Old Post Jul 16th, 2014 06:48 AM
Jedireaper is currently offline Click here to Send Jedireaper a Private Message Find more posts by Jedireaper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

This turn sees you resort to unarmed methods, shutting off your lightsaber and trying to attack the beast. You land a series of punches on the Ohura's face, with two successes.

The Ohura takes no damage. Its scales are too strong.

You Evade the Ohura in return, tapping into the Force to swim out of the way as it tries to bite you in half. It rolls one success, which is mitigated by your Impervious defense to 2 damage.

----

CONFRONTING THE BEAST, Start of Turn 6

In crevasse

Denzral (LS9): 1/32 [MA RI IM] [RF FT OGu] (6F)

The Ohura (C8): 46 (A10)

----

Old Post Jul 16th, 2014 05:43 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Don't forget - you do have offensive Force powers that could ignore its armor, or defensive measures that could help you attack with your saber while waiting for your Guard to come back.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2014 05:55 PM
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

Denzral will use strike with his sabre and attack his foe, intending to plunge the sabre through the top of the head of the seas dragon.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2014 07:34 PM
Jedireaper is currently offline Click here to Send Jedireaper a Private Message Find more posts by Jedireaper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Remember, with your Guard inactive, you lack saber-based defenses. Still want to go ahead with this?

Old Post Aug 15th, 2014 07:50 PM
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

That is a good point, what about advanced sabre throw? No, too open... there isn't really much else Force-wise I can do that I know off.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2014 09:26 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Advanced Saber Throw only proves useful at range (which currently, you're in close combat). However, right department - Denzral possesses quite a talent for kinetic powers. Fling would not work well against something so large, but you have options you seem to have forgotten.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2014 10:45 PM
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

PUSH/PULL (Combat Push, Sabre Throw) - Not really useful against something so big.

LIFTING (Super Lift, Grip, Bombard) - Super Lift, maybe, but where would I send it?

PRECISION (Advanced Sabre Throw, Advanced Bombard, Fling) - Advanced Bombard it with, rocks, and sand/plants, other fish... don't think that'll work.

LEAPING (Great Leap, Defensive Leap) - Underwater leaping, riiiight...

SWIFTNESS (Strike, Evade, Dash) - This was what I was planning to use... but-

SENSE (Scan, Empathy) - Irrelevent

INTUITION (Dreams, Guidance) - Your kidding, right?

Old Post Aug 19th, 2014 11:36 PM
REXXXX
Networking

I could rule that spending a point on Super Lift and Fling would work, based on the monster's sheer size.

Advanced Bombard ignores armor (being Unstoppable damage) and so would work well. Plenty of large rocks around that you could propel at a harmful speed.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2014 12:14 AM
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

Advanced Bombard it in the face with rocks! 3 points if it swallows one, 5 points if it gets crushed by a bigger fish!

Old Post Aug 20th, 2014 12:20 AM
REXXXX
Networking

2-5, the Ohura tries to capture you with its massive jaws again. You swim clear of getting crushed, and Impervious drops the damage to 5. Armor helps!

Swimming through the water, you look around and pick out a large rock. You reach out and grasp it with your mind, and drag it from the mud. It then propels toward the beast. On a Force Attack pool of 9, you score five successes for 11 damage. The rock smashes the Ohura in the face and it roars.

----

CONFRONTING THE BEAST, Start of Turn 7

In crevasse

Denzral (LS9): 1(3BH)/35 [MA RI IM] [RF FT OGu] (5F)

The Ohura (C8): 57 (A10)

----

And it was a Refresh!

Your danger sense starts to rise...

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2014 06:07 PM
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

Orthodox Guard needs to be in, I'll keep Impervious in, but Martial Arts can go. I'm actually kinda confused by the battle stats, I always get lost trying to figure them out.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2014 02:48 AM
REXXXX
Networking

You can always ask about mechanics and the layout, if you have any questions. I will answer them as clearly as I can. Remember, the Retro mini-games also help you learn how to operate in the main game.

I can assume that Denzral continues attacking the monster, but the Ohura gets his hit in first, and discharges his electrical membrane into the water again. You take 10 damage and a one-turn Stun.

But as ever, the lightsaber stays deadly, even when you're knackered. You roll three successes for 9 damage.

----

CONFRONTING THE BEAST, Start of Turn 8

In crevasse

Denzral (LS9): 3/45 [OGu RI IM] [RF FT MA] (5F)

The Ohura (C8): 66 (A10)

----

The danger sense decreases following the Ohura's jolting attack.

Last edited by REXXXX on Sep 1st, 2014 at 11:53 PM

Old Post Sep 1st, 2014 11:20 PM
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

Denzral (LS9): 3/45 [OGu RI IM] [RF FT MA] (5F)

The Ohura (C8): 66 (A10)

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT ANY OF THIS MEANS????????

Last edited by REXXXX on Sep 1st, 2014 at 11:53 PM

Old Post Sep 1st, 2014 11:48 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Well...

You're Denzral, of course.

"(LS9)" shows the type of weapon you are currently using. LS = Lightsaber, C = Combat (unarmed or armed), G = Guns, P = Pilot. The number indicates your dice pool with that skill.

"3/45" shows your current Defense and Damage. Defense reduces the pool of those attacking you, and your schticks can increase it or add modifiers to improve it. Your normal Defense is 1; Orthodox Guard gives you +2, for a Defense of 3. You've taken 45 points of damage.

The first set of letters in brackets are your active schticks. The second set of letters in brackets are inactive schticks. If italicized, they are tapped out.

And then the Ohura's set up reads the same as yours. A10 means the creature has an Armor rating of 10 points. You ignore than with a Lightsaber, but it's really impossible with most other things.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2014 11:54 PM
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

Can Denzral do the Rock thing again?

And thank you, now I know what the 3/45 actrually stood for. I'm gonna die!

Old Post Sep 1st, 2014 11:57 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Oh, and the (5F) at the end is how many Force points you have left.

You're getting close to worn out here, but the Ohura has taken more hits than you have. Some extraordinary efforts could seal its fate.

In this instance, you have schticks you could tap, instead of spending the Force point on Advanced Bombard. You have options. Remember, lightsabers are quite deadly, and you get successes on 4s, 5s, and 6s.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2014 12:34 AM
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Honestly, Denz, throw in some taps. If you tap Impervious it can't hurt you and you can attack with a Force Power like Advanced Bombard. If that doesn't finish it, you can follow up with a tap like Orthodox Guard and Riposte and see what happens from there. Those would be some heavy hits from you while taking no damage.

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Sep 26th, 2014 06:10 PM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

Okay moving swiftly on, I think I will do as Bespin Bart suggested.

Denz will tap Orthodox Guard, and Risposte, and surge forwards in attack.

Last edited by Jedireaper on Nov 3rd, 2014 at 03:53 PM

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2014 03:51 PM