KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- The Bannermen

STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- The Bannermen
Started by: REXXXX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (19): « First ... « 15 16 [17] 18 19 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
REXXXX
Networking

Denzral holds nothing back in what he hopes is his final strike on the sea monster. The Ohura sees his renewed efforts and rushes in to meet the Jedi in the clash. Initiative roll shows Denzral as getting into position first and thrusting his saber toward the scaly beast.

Tapping Orthodox Guard means everything but 3s count as successes, and Denz has a pool of 11 to attack with. Eight successes inflicts 14 damage, bringing the Ohura up to 80 damage, but it's still coming...

It finally gets Denzral into the reach of its jaws and clamps down hard, locking the Jedi tight in its jaws. Or so it thinks; the Parry from Orthodox Guard negates its successes, so Denzral takes no damage and slips through its jaws, into its mouth.

The Ohura's rolled dice total up to a multiple of 6, so Denzral's Riposte is triggered! He rather viciously thrusts his lightsaber into the roof of the monster's mouth. It gives an awful, guttural groan before going slack. You It starts to sink toward the depths with you clenched inside its mouth...

Last edited by REXXXX on Nov 6th, 2014 at 12:10 AM

Old Post Nov 4th, 2014 06:33 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

Time to cut an exit. Denz quickly swung the sabre in a circular motion to slice a way out. Please don't let there be a bigger fish...

A long time have I waited for this, my little green friend!

Old Post Nov 13th, 2014 03:48 AM
Jedireaper is currently offline Click here to Send Jedireaper a Private Message Find more posts by Jedireaper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

It will take you too long to individually remove its massive teeth with your slashes! Think like a Jedi.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2014 03:58 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

Use the Force to open it's mouth and swim out?

Old Post Nov 25th, 2014 10:15 AM
Jedireaper is currently offline Click here to Send Jedireaper a Private Message Find more posts by Jedireaper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

That would certainly do it! You push out with the Force - something that Denzral can do well - and pry the monster's jaws open until you can escape through its teeth. You swim out and are free.

The monster sinks into the depths below, defeated by the Jedi champion.

In the distance, you hear cheering from the Gungan otoh you came to persuade. When you come swimming back through the kelp fields, Gungans come out to meet you and carry you back toward the city. They bring you before Boss Hin-Hon, who chuckles gaily and congratulates you on your victory.

"Yousa showin' big bombad Jedi bravery!" he laughs. "Wesa thinkin' wesa helpin' the Jedi... and the Naboo, if thisa what the Jedi wantin', hmm?"

Boss Hin-Hon pledges to reopen talks with the Naboo.

-

Back in Theed, Duke Torvuellé of the Lake Country thanks you for the assistance. Not only because it has made easier the task Senator Amidala bestowed upon him, but because your involvement allowed him to attend the birth of his daughter - the Duchess Sasha Torvuellé.

"I will talk to the Senator about your cause," the Duke says. "I think she will sympathize with King Evand on this matter, his having been dethroned by some darker power."

She does indeed, and Naboo pledges their vote toward supporting to retake Halloy with Evand. A small detachment, composed of volunteers from the Royal Security and the Gungan Army, will also fight beside you, if the vote passes.

"And," the Duke adds, "I will make sure you receive some funds in advance, to help you 'sway' certain opposed parties..."

-

START OF DAY 2

SENATE INFLUENCE: 3/10

MILITARY STRENGTH: 2

CENSURE: -1

Denzral has one favor in pocket from the Supreme Chancellor.

Evand has a collection of credits from the Nubian Duke.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2014 06:17 PM
REXXXX
Networking

DAY TWO

The Duke made certain to refuel your ships in the night, and to have you treated for your wounds inflicted by the sea monster. Using the medical facilities in Theed and your own Medicine skills, you reduce your damage down to 24 points, out of 60.

After spending the evening on Naboo, King Evand already expresses his eagerness to get on to the next world. Lacking a better understanding of the Republic, he wants to know from you what world you should venture to next.

Please refer to the list on Page 4, in the link below:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...06#post14015706

Old Post Nov 26th, 2014 06:26 PM
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

"I believe we might be able to spare a day to visit Arkania, should be worth a stop before we continue on to our next port of call. They export a lot of advanced technology and minerals. Materials we might be able to use provided they are amiable." Denzral turned to the king, smiling a little smugly. "I do hope you have brought some thermal clothing, your highness. From what I remember of my last visit there, Arkania is not known for it's warm weather."

Last edited by Jedireaper on Nov 28th, 2014 at 11:55 PM

Old Post Nov 28th, 2014 11:52 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Arkania certainly hosts an inhospitable atmosphere, something the Arkanians adapted to over generations. The world possesses massive tracts of solid ice that lines its surface, upon and inside of which the Arkanians have developed their cities. Rather than picturing the snowy tundra of Hoth, picture a surface composed of sparkling icebergs and gaping chasms.

You lack cold atmosphere gear; something you will need to address upon arrival.

A long-time member of the Republic, Arkania has a checkered history. The Arkanians notably keep to themselves, only sharing their voice in the Senate when discussions pertain to their people or their system. Lately, they have provided numerous young to the Jedi Order for training, but otherwise, they interact little with the Galaxy.

Unless, of course, they can turn a profit from their scientific experimentation. In that regard, the Arkanians sometimes lack scruples shared by the rest of the Republic...

Last edited by REXXXX on Dec 1st, 2014 at 03:22 AM

Old Post Dec 1st, 2014 03:20 AM
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

Can we ask the Duke if he can get us some cold atmosphere equipment before we leave?

Old Post Dec 9th, 2014 10:15 PM
REXXXX
Networking

The Duke has none to give. You will have to explore that need when you arrive on Arkania.

Based on what you already know of the Arkanians, King Evand wants to know how likely you find it that they will want to help.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2014 04:04 PM
REXXXX
Networking

quote:

Jedireaper wrote on Dec 13th, 2014 12:55 PM:
Hey bud, Arkania won't help but I was thinking find out what they want go to corellia get some smugglers and find out what they want go to the Hutts and find out what they want, then contact them all and set up an illegal trading ring of some sort and get all three somehow. Depends if each location is mutually exclusive of each other. I get the feeling there will need to be some cross over here. Might be an idea if we go to Corellia first... or even the Trade Feds but I wanted to check out Arkania... because they were the unknown variable.

I responded to this in private message. All of the worlds help somehow (though may come with complications or string attached). The construction of a trade ring would take much more time than what Denzral is given, and you do need to keep in mind your Jedi status- dabbling in illegal activities, while for the right reason, would still be wrong for a Jedi to do.

The choice is entirely yours which planet you want to pursue now.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2015 03:57 AM
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

That is a point. I do not know what the Arkanians would be able to offer or even if they would. I think possibly Corellia or the Trade Federation would be a good next bet.

I'll go with the Feds...

Old Post Jan 20th, 2015 04:38 AM
REXXXX
Networking

If you're unsure what the Arkanians have to offer, there's no doubt about what the Trade Federation has at their disposal. Even after the Battle of Naboo and the requirements to decommission greater parts of their Droid Army, they still do utilize the battle droids as security for their trade vessels.

Viceroy Nute Gunray currently faces trial on Coruscant, so you will need to talk to the elder statesman and Republic Senator Lott Dod, who resides on Neimoidia, the founding world of the Trade Federation.

Last edited by REXXXX on Jan 20th, 2015 at 05:41 AM

Old Post Jan 20th, 2015 05:21 AM
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

But I though the Trade Federation was taken over by the Nemoidians over time because they were more savvy at turning a profit, not specifically founded by them.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2015 05:33 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Neimoidia played a major part in its foundation, and just the same, they more or less control the whole organization at this point in time. Senator Lott Dod represents them in the Senate, after all.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2015 05:36 AM
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

To the Federation, why not make to antagonize nations work together. Besides I am sure King Evand would be most happy to accommodate new trade and possibly some added security. I am being factious.

But yeah forget I mentioned Arkania for now I'll make it a future stop.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2015 01:38 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Postponing Arkania, got it.

King Evand may certainly like those things in the long run.

If you mean to make the Naboo and the Trade Federation work together in this situation... you may wish to consider the repercussions of trying to do so. The Federation killed many in their blockade, invasion, and the ensuing battle.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2015 02:24 AM
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

Then we'll deal with that in time I am mostly gunning for their political help. The droids, we they are just battle droids. The Naboo can look at it as I've borrowed the droids not that they will be working together but we shall cross that bridge when we get to it.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2015 11:10 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Political support from the Trade Federation counts as their involvement, whether you get droids or not. Their involvement will deter the Naboo from pledging their involvement.

You will need a very creative way of getting the two factions to work together on this, since they are directly opposed.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2015 01:59 AM
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

I see... welp... I'm boned! Nothing could just be simple could it. How long has it been since the invasion? And I can't keep changing my mind here can I. I assume it affects how characters perceive Denz.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 01:59 AM