KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- The Bannermen

STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- The Bannermen
Started by: REXXXX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (19): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
REXXXX
Networking

Duke Torvuellé hands you a datapad with the necessary information on it.

"The Gungans are ruled by a quasi-religious caste known as the Bosses," the Duke says. "For the most part, the Bosses were swayed to our side by your Jedi friends that were here during the Battle. They committed their men and resources to the fight, for which we will be forever grateful.

"Once the battle was over, one Boss retracted his support and retreated to his underwater city with his people. He has permitted no-one to come to his city or discuss things with him.

"I think you can see our problem."

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2012 04:04 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

"I wouldn't see it entirely as a problem, everyone is entitled to follow their own paths and make their own decisions yourself included, but I do see what you mean, yes." Denzral will look thoughtfully at the datapad. "If no one is permitted to visit, or to even to talk to him, then how do you expect me to- I see. You want me to burst his bubble so to speak?"

A long time have I waited for this, my little green friend!

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2012 07:58 PM
Jedireaper is currently offline Click here to Send Jedireaper a Private Message Find more posts by Jedireaper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

The Duke nods.

"We appreciate his freedom, but this unification is integral to Naboo's future. Without him, it has the potential to fall apart. Other Gungans may start seeing things his way."

And so the Duke tasks you with this mission- convince Boss Hin-Hon (for that is his name) that unifying with the Naboo is in the best interest for them.

"If you succeed, I will see to it that Senator Amidala tries to influence the vote in your favor, King Evand."

"And men?" Evand asks.

"Potentially, yes. But I have something you may need even more than that."

"What would that be?"

The Duke smiles. "Money. I'm one of the wealthiest men in the sector. It certainly would not hurt your cause to have funds to bargain with."

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2012 10:34 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

"Yes, quite. Then we have an accord?" Denzral asks eager to get this done, and move onwards.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2012 11:57 PM
Jedireaper is currently offline Click here to Send Jedireaper a Private Message Find more posts by Jedireaper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

"We do," the Duke says.

Duke Torvuellé hands you documentation that invests you with the ability to negotiate on the behalf of the Senator.

"I would go myself," he says, "but my daughter is meant to be born today. I would rather see my daughter born than negotiate with difficult amphibians..."

-

The Naboo are willing to provide you with a submarine to get you down to Boss Hin-Hon's submerged city. The Duke cautions that the city lies in deep waters, near the planet's core.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2012 04:19 PM
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

Is there any chance I may be able to get one of the other Bosses to help me?

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2012 09:31 PM
REXXXX
Networking

That would require visiting one of the other Gungan cities. Do you want to fit that into your schedule?

Old Post Sep 25th, 2012 05:18 PM
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

Best I get the low-down first from another Gungun tribe they may know more or at least have more ways I may be able to convince the guy. If Denz has the time of course.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2012 05:07 AM
REXXXX
Networking

It will take time to go down to another Gungan city and talk with their leaders. The Gungans are not big on holographic communications.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2012 06:17 AM
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

Being a Jedi maybe Denz can insist?

Old Post Sep 26th, 2012 11:49 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Insist on what?

Old Post Sep 27th, 2012 06:52 PM
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

Holocalling lol

"Would one of the other tribes be willing to help convince him? And also, Duke, do you have any imagery or even a painting that is a collaboration of Gungun and the Naboo since the merging? Something tangible." (or something along those lines)

Old Post Sep 27th, 2012 08:45 PM
REXXXX
Networking

The thing is, the Gungans do not use comms like the Naboo do. They do everything in person, and their technology has a very organic feel to it.

The Duke says he does not have what you ask about.

"I would have gone to the Gungan tribes instead of you if I thought they could accomplish what I ask for," the Duke says.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2012 09:04 PM
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

"What about artwork, something that shows both cultures are better as one, or stronger. You understand where I am going?"

Old Post Sep 27th, 2012 09:25 PM
REXXXX
Networking

"No," the Duke says. "This is a recent venture, Denzral. There's no history behind it, except one of bloodshed and cultural misunderstandings."

Old Post Sep 27th, 2012 09:27 PM
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

Okay, fair enough. And off Denz goes.

Denzral will get ready to leave and perform his given task (somehow). What of the King? He's been sitting there like a stone fish.

"Go and see your child born, and may the Force be with her. I will do my best to settle this matter. King Evand, will you accompany me to greek this 'difficult Gungun, or do you wish to do something else, as I must go and do this if we are to gain the support we need?"

Old Post Sep 27th, 2012 09:45 PM
REXXXX
Networking

"I'll go with you," Evand says. "Though I don't like doing the errands of diplomats..."

The Duke thanks you for your blessing and takes leave of you. One of his aides shows you to the submarine craft that you will be using. It is one of Naboo design, sleek and chrome, that the Naboo have been developing to assist their new friendship with the Gungans.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2012 09:55 PM
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

Geronimo!

Can Denzral actually pilot this craft?

Old Post Sep 27th, 2012 10:02 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Pilot is the skill to operate the submarine, so yes.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2012 10:03 PM
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

Cool.

The King and his guards can fit, yes?

Old Post Sep 27th, 2012 11:02 PM