KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- The Movement

STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- The Movement
Started by: REXXXX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (23): « First ... « 18 19 [20] 21 22 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Craft
CTE

"You recognize us from somewhere though," Wentar returns, gesturing to himself and Emso. "I'm just not sure if you actually know who we are."

-

I think (and by extension Wentar thinks) that this guy recognizes us from the Seat of the Srum. I'm just not sure if he saw Wentar when he was posing as a slaver with Emso or Wentar when he was liberating the station.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2015 01:02 PM
Craft is currently offline Click here to Send Craft a Private Message Find more posts by Craft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

"I don't know you from anywhere," he says. "I just know you're trouble."

He makes to leave.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2015 12:32 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Craft
CTE

Wentar will let him go. There's no point in causing a scene. The other two know something at least so it won't be a complete loss.

"What's his deal?" Wentar asks the other spaces once the wary one leaves.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2015 05:29 AM
Craft is currently offline Click here to Send Craft a Private Message Find more posts by Craft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

The other spacers just met him in the cantina. They don't know him, and they don't care to.

"Living on the fringe of civilization can make a man paranoid," the hot shot spacer says, plunking his dusty boots up on the chair where the seasoned spacer sat previously. "The social system breaks down, there's no-one out there to watch your back, so you've got to watch your own. Especially in a place like this. I got nothing to hide or lose, really. Maybe he does."

Hot Shot and Newb get to prattling about life in the hyperspace lanes, with Newb asking Hot Shot about some of what he's seen out here.

"I think we'll find out more from the paranoid one," Emso says to you, quietly.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2015 08:42 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Craft
CTE

"You may be right," Wentar whispers back. "Time is of the essence and we've wasted enough of it."

He rises from the table. "Thanks for your time gentlemen," he says, before looking for where the paranoid spacer went.

-

Stalking a paranoid dude? This is going to go down soooo very well I can tell. stick out tongue

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2015 12:41 PM
REXXXX
Networking

You head back out into the windy, narrow pathways that make up the "streets" zig-zagging across the cave floor of the Den.

The veteran spacer wanders down one of the paths to your right.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2015 05:06 AM
Craft
CTE

Wentar will sneak after him, it's risky but I want to get him alone so he doesn't make a scene or call the guards before I have a chance to explain myself.

Is Emso any good at stealth?

Old Post Oct 14th, 2015 05:33 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Emso's main talents are fixing things and yelping when shot at.

So no.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2015 05:40 AM
Craft
CTE

"Emso, wait here," Wentar tells his companion. "If I don't return in half an hour make your way to the ship."

Old Post Oct 14th, 2015 05:45 AM
REXXXX
Networking

"Just be careful," Emso says.

You start to follow the veteran spacer through the streets. Based off of your decision to leave Emso behind, do you want to do this discretely? I also need your approach for how to follow him, since he has a small lead on you and these streets aren't the most organized.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2015 07:12 PM
Craft
CTE

I do. I think he'll bolt if he sees me coming so I want to get closer to him first without him noticing.

I want to try something new for following him. Can I scan his mind and get a feel for is emotional state and follow that using the Force? (My eye's can decide me, etc, etc). I'd be willing to put a force point into it if I need to to get that initial lock.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2015 05:25 AM
REXXXX
Networking

It will be a Hard Force roll since there are people in the streets with you. Picking out one mind isn't easy. Spending the point will save you that trouble, if you want.

From there, it would be Force rolls to follow him, sensing his mind and movements ahead of you.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2015 05:29 AM
Craft
CTE

Are Hard rolls 6's only or multiple successes?

Old Post Oct 16th, 2015 05:42 AM
Craft
CTE

Never mind! I decided to check the rules like a sensible person. Better question, will those Force rolls to follow him also be Hard difficulty?

(It's my personal story, I'll double post if I want to. stick out tongue )

Old Post Oct 16th, 2015 07:47 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Yes, the Force rolls to follow him will be Hard also, unless he goes somewhere less crowded.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2015 11:17 PM
Craft
CTE

(If only Wentar were an Orphan template. stick out tongue )

I'll do this the 'normal' was instead then, no point in making it more difficult for myself.

First I want to observe what he's doing. (Whether he's going to a different bar, general shopping or is even checking if he's being followed). With a Hard force roll scan to judge his emotions.

Then I'll follow him, starting with a brisk pace to catch up (making it seem like I'm in a hurry to be somewhere to anyone else) Then once I'm closer I'll try blend into the crowd more and keep track on him that way.

I'm not sure when I'll try talk to him, but considering the rules of this place the more secluded the better.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2015 06:04 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Scanning! In this crowd and with a strong-willed target, you unfortunately do not get a good read on him. You will have to do this the old-fashioned way- Observation + Perception.

You do decent on that roll, spotting him moving down an alley ahead of you, past a few shops. He is moving with purpose but you can't tell where to. The crowds make it difficult to follow him, though, and you could lose him easily.

It will be Intrusion to do this without drawing attention to your pursuit. How you decide to deal with the crowd determines what Physical Stat I pair it with.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2015 12:25 AM
Craft
CTE

Agility please. I'll quickly slip through gaps and breaks in the crowd to keep up without causing too much disturbance.

Agi 4, Intrusion 1, +3 from Presense.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2015 01:55 AM
REXXXX
Networking

The crowd is a bit dense here for nimble maneuvering. You would need to push your way through. Agility would work well for going around or over, which both come with risks.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2015 04:03 AM
Craft
CTE

Very well, Strength to push my way through instead. That shouldn't make me stand out too much in a rough place like this. Strength 4, same intrusion and such as before.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2015 04:22 AM