KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- The Movement

STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- The Movement
Started by: REXXXX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (23): « First ... « 19 20 [21] 22 23 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
REXXXX
Networking

Ush calls having all Physical Stats at 4 straight boring, but least you can alternate here. Four successes allows you to push through gently without stirring up trouble or stepping on anyone's toes.

The veteran spacer moves along more side streets and alleys, in between the carved stone structures that make up the buildings along the Den's floor. Walkways criss-cross overhead and people remain a constant, but the crowd thins some.

Another Perception + Observation check here... four successes! Just when you thought you lost him, you eye him ducking into another alleyway. When you move to follow him, a pair of the armored security guards that patrol the Den step onto the street with you, cutting you off.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2015 05:08 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Craft
CTE

stick out tongue I didn't quite understand the game system while making Wentar, so I played it safe with rounded stats. I varied the mental stats at least.

-

Are they interacting with me or just blocking the way?

Old Post Oct 20th, 2015 05:35 AM
Craft is currently offline Click here to Send Craft a Private Message Find more posts by Craft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Just blocking the way... for now!

(dun dun DUN)

Old Post Oct 20th, 2015 05:48 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Craft
CTE

So very tempted to leap over them.

Is there any signage to indicate what's down that way?

Old Post Oct 20th, 2015 05:53 AM
Craft is currently offline Click here to Send Craft a Private Message Find more posts by Craft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

None.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2015 06:03 AM
Craft
CTE

Alright then. Time for bluff.

-

Wentar will act out breath and approach the security guards hastily. "Oh thank the luck I found you," he says between gasps and pointing down the street from where he came. "There's a Rodian back there, he, he had a knife in his jacket, I saw it. He was raving about getting his money back from someone. Please hurry you must catch him! I saw him down the street, two alleys across."

-

Lying roll about the Rodian. Charisma 5, lying 1, +3 Presense
Persuasion roll to convince them to leave their post to catch him. Charisma 5, Persuade 3, +3 Presense.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2015 06:40 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Two successes on the Lying check... they don't seem entirely convinced of the threat when you tell them about this supposedly armed Rodian.

"Nobody gets into the Den with a weapon," says the first guard, firmly.

"Can you give us a description of the Rodian?" asks the second. "How did you see the knife?"

Old Post Oct 21st, 2015 08:17 AM
Craft
CTE

"I don't know where he got it from, I just know he had it. I saw it hanging in his jacket when he fell over. Drunk off his face he is, irrational. You need to go stop him, quick," Wentar insists again. "He was about my height with a large black jacket over a flight suit."

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2015 05:40 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Four successes as Wentar becomes more convincing on his delivery and false distress.

"We'll see to it," says the second guard.

"How could anyone have brought in..." the first sputters, annoyed.

"Nevermind that," the second says. "We'll regret it if we don't investigate and it turns about to be true."

The guards run off in the direction you indicated, leaving the way on clear.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2015 07:27 AM
Craft
CTE

(Oh wow! I was ready to throw in a Force Persuade to make them leave. Good to know I can bluff it without that necessity. smile )

I want to make an observation roll to make sure there's no other security around watching me and then race down the path after that spacer.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2015 03:09 PM
REXXXX
Networking

You step into the alleyway he slipped down.

Immediately, you instinctively duck as your Intuition goes off. An old pipe whistles through the air just shy of cracking your skull, and you step back. The other end of the old pipe is firmly grasped in the hands of the old spacer, who grits his jaw and raises the pipe for another swing.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2015 09:12 PM
Craft
CTE

Wentar will attempt to grab the pipe when the spacer swings it again, planning to wrestle it away from him.

"I'm not here to hurt you," he says.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2015 04:58 AM
REXXXX
Networking

A Strength + Combat roll to disarm him, plus any benefits you get from Combat Schticks.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2015 07:46 PM
Craft
CTE

Strength 4 + Combat 2. I have Marital Arts, Dodge and Weave and Focussed Blow as my Combat Schticks. That should give me a total pool of 8 with 2 or more 6's stunning him. Roll out!

Old Post Oct 30th, 2015 05:29 AM
REXXXX
Networking

The veteran spacer isn't the dodgy type, so only his basic Defense penalizes you. You roll three 5s against his two 5s, and wrestle the length of pipe away before he can really brain you with it.

"Why are you following me?!" he demands to know, stepping back now that you're the one with the makeshift bludgeon.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2015 12:41 AM
Craft
CTE

Wentar will cast aside the weapon, showing that he isn't interested in fighting.

"I need to know what you know about the group that interrupted the Tyr-sen raid. The group that came here afterwards," he answers, taking a step forward. "There are peoples lives are at stake."

Old Post Oct 31st, 2015 01:53 PM
REXXXX
Networking

"I don't know anything about that," the veteran says, calm but firm. "I just know that YOUR life is at stake. You shouldn't be out this far. It's not safe, even for a Jedi Knight."

Old Post Nov 10th, 2015 08:45 AM
Craft
CTE

"Nowhere is safe," Wentar returns, he doesn't react to the spacers implication about his identity. "But my safety is not my concern right now. I need to find a Rodian named Loj'oon."

Old Post Nov 11th, 2015 02:38 PM
REXXXX
Networking

"I don't know anything about that," he says. "You'd be making it easier by finding him, though."

Old Post Nov 18th, 2015 08:16 AM
Craft
CTE

"Easier how? What do you mean?" Wentar asks impatiently.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2015 03:29 PM