KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Isn't Temuera Morrison too short?

Isn't Temuera Morrison too short?
Started by: C-3POTheClever

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
C-3POTheClever

Isn't Temuera Morrison too short?

You know; like Jango Fett is supposed to be the father 4 the Clone Army? Well, isn't Temuera Morrison too short, because remember the Stormtroopers are supposed to be fairly tall. Leia said to Luke, "You're short for a stormtrooper", but yet Temuera Morrison is even shorter tha Mark Hammil. Temuera Morrison is only 5.7, according to IMDb. Why didn't they choose someone that height? He should be taller than that shouldn't he?

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2012 01:53 PM
Click here to Send C-3POTheClever a Private Message Find more posts by C-3POTheClever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Why was a father for the Clones necessary for the narrative at all?

Old Post Aug 4th, 2012 01:52 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
C-3POTheClever

quote: (post)
Originally posted by queeq
Why was a father for the Clones necessary for the narrative at all?
What do you mean?

Old Post Aug 4th, 2012 02:18 PM
Click here to Send C-3POTheClever a Private Message Find more posts by C-3POTheClever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General G
Canadian.

Jango wasn't used as a template for the stormtroopers, only the clone troopers. The stormtroopers were "normal people."

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Aug 7th, 2012 10:20 PM
Click here to Send General G a Private Message Find more posts by General G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

does it get any more anal than this?

"Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage."

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=denton+van+zan+vs

Old Post Aug 8th, 2012 02:09 AM
Click here to Send focus4chumps a Private Message Find more posts by focus4chumps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
C-3POTheClever

Originally posted by General G
Jango wasn't used as a template for the stormtroopers, only the clone troopers. The stormtroopers were "normal people."
Ahh... Right, but most people seem to think that stormtroopers are clone troopers + Leia said to Lukr, "You're short 4 a stormtrooper". If stormtroopers are usually a certain height, then it would wor if they were clones.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2012 08:15 AM
queeq
Chaos

Originally posted by C-3POTheClever
What do you mean?

I mean, whatever was the narrative reason to make the template of the clones so important? It just seems to me Lucas felt it was necessary to have Fetts in there or to give exposition for Fett. Like he needed some backstory... To me, it was a lot of emphasis on nothing. The real clue in that clone creation story was Syfo Dyas and nothing was done with that.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2012 07:23 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General G
Canadian.

I mean, whatever was the narrative reason to make the template of the clones so important? It just seems to me Lucas felt it was necessary to have Fetts in there or to give exposition for Fett. Like he needed some backstory... To me, it was a lot of emphasis on nothing. The real clue in that clone creation story was Syfo Dyas and nothing was done with that.

And Boba's performance was just horrendous. That dog fight scene against OB1 with him yipping for joy makes me cringe.

Every.

Single.

Time.

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Aug 10th, 2012 10:26 PM
Click here to Send General G a Private Message Find more posts by General G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

At least he didn't say: Yipppeee... wink

Old Post Aug 11th, 2012 10:53 AM
General G
Canadian.

I don't even think that would have made it worse. It would have been just as bad. At least then there would be consistency in Star Wars.

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Aug 12th, 2012 03:12 PM
C-3POTheClever

I suppose it wasn't particularly important.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2012 04:05 PM
queeq
Chaos

Exactly, yet, they took more than half a film dealing with that.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2012 02:58 PM
Darth Thor

Darth Thor is online now!

It just seems to me Lucas felt it was necessary to have Fetts in there or to give exposition for Fett.

Yep.

He says in the ROTJ Audio commentary that if he had known how popular Boba Fett would become then he would never have had him get killed so easily.

So it's pretty obvious he was making up for that with Jango Fett having such a big part in AOTC.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2012 03:58 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by General G
And Boba's performance was just horrendous. That dog fight scene against OB1 with him yipping for joy makes me cringe.

Every.

Single.

Time.

You want a kid not to act like a kid, who idolizes his Dad even though he's being schooled in the mercenary arts?

If there was just some young kids in the OT, then maybe people would have quit this criticism of young kids by now; Luke was just the closest thing ("But I was going to go over to toshi station to pick up some power converters!" , "Oh, I don't even know what I'm doing here, we're wasting our time!" - and so on.) wink

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Aug 15th, 2012 06:55 PM
Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Yep.

He says in the ROTJ Audio commentary that if he had known how popular Boba Fett would become then he would never have had him get killed so easily.

So it's pretty obvious he was making up for that with Jango Fett having such a big part in AOTC.

And indeed, Young Boba became the biggest thing in movie merchandise ever... NOT. Guess Lucas didn't really get why Fett was so popular.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2012 08:24 AM
Darth Thor

And indeed, Young Boba became the biggest thing in movie merchandise ever... NOT. Guess Lucas didn't really get why Fett was so popular.

I'm sure Jango Fett must have sold some though.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2012 09:50 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

George Lucas doesn't get the character he created...that's become such a tired criticism from fans, who think they know Star Wars better than he does.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Aug 17th, 2012 04:45 PM
Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I didn't day that he didn't get the character. He created them, he prolly gets them better than most (unless he changes their characters *cough* Solo *cough*)

I said he didn't get why Fett was so popular. Lucas says he never expected that, for him Fett was a minor character. With the PT he clearly felt that the OT Fett popularity gave reason to give him some backstory. But I doubt Fett fans were waiting for that.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2012 07:48 AM
Darth Thor

^ I personally was hoping to see Boba Fett fight Jedi in the PT. He gave us Jango Fett instead. Fair Do's.

AOTC was my least favorite of the PT but Jango was one few of the things I liked in the movie. Him and Count Dooku.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2012 09:31 AM
queeq
Chaos

True, other than that, not a great film.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2012 03:17 PM