KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Unhosted Role Plays » the law of oaths ( character creation and discussion)

the law of oaths ( character creation and discussion)
Started by: nate9939

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (42): « First ... « 36 37 [38] 39 40 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Phoenix3068
RP Legend

Nope, she wears pants.

Old Post May 11th, 2013 06:49 AM
Phoenix3068 is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix3068 a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix3068 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nate9939
back in action

k

Old Post May 12th, 2013 04:25 PM
nate9939 is currently offline Click here to Send nate9939 a Private Message Find more posts by nate9939 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix3068
RP Legend

My butt hurts. [/troll]

Old Post May 15th, 2013 05:49 AM
Phoenix3068 is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix3068 a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix3068 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Sorry. I won't be so rough next time.

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post May 22nd, 2013 09:21 AM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

If nate's still around and wants to keep playing, I've set up an opportunity to interact with Horus.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2013 09:02 AM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix3068
RP Legend

Waiting for Starry and Xan on this (I assume only Starry now)

Old Post Aug 9th, 2013 09:35 AM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Okay, nate, the concept of an aurora is something kinda fun, but I kept my use of them intentionally vague for the moment because we should really solidify how it works. I didn't mention color because I wasn't entirely sure what color should represent which element besides some obvious ones, but I used enough cues that it should be easy to tell what element it is anyway. I could have elaborated further, but I figured that wouldn't be necessary with what are essentially mooks, even if said mooks would be something of a challenge for kids.

So if you have an idea of how to represent the auroras, go ahead and describe it here and we can all offer some input.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2013 04:29 AM
nate9939
back in action

I gave a brief explanation in the ic so I hope you guys understand, but one thing also where you move your aurora creates a trail and that trail can be tracked though as time goes on it is harder to see and if a person conceals it that also make it harder.
fire-red
water-blue
energy-yellow
light-white
earth-green
wind-silver
darkness-black
oh ya and if you wonder about the darker the color that means that weaker people are light and transparent while stronger ones are thick and solid.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2013 05:33 AM
nate9939 is currently offline Click here to Send nate9939 a Private Message Find more posts by nate9939 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Okay, so the color scheme is pretty simple and follows traditional styles. Cool. I suppose the only question I have to ask is how greater powers function. If an aurora gets more opaque the stronger it is, can it be used to hide a person from view? When you say they get thick and solid, does it mean higher powers can activate their auroras to use them as shields? How do they interact with the physical world?

Anyone else have any thoughts?

Old Post Aug 10th, 2013 03:03 PM
nate9939
back in action

1.It cant really hide you unless its a darkness one
2 Yes but mostly for magical attacks and at times you have to focus on the spot of attack depending on its strength
3. So what mostly happens is things like fire will make the place around him hotter will it may also start random flames if not controlled or fully activate, ones like darkness will cause it to feel dark and evil while everything around it might start decaying, and pretty much the exact opposite for light. So pretty much anything as long as it fits in the element and not to powerful compared to the persons aurora
4.Just adding another thing so for a normal persons aurora is that of there strongest element so to use new elements they have to change it with an amount of magic. So this is why mostly all other elements besides the first 2 are weak.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2013 03:26 PM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Earlier I'd set up a list for monikers to describe element users. Gonna bring that back around since I added a new "evil" version for energy users. Not as original, but still thematically appropriate, at least.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by XanatosForever
Heh, thank you, Scenario. It's hard trying to come up with decent names, and I really don't want to just default to "[element] user" each time.

My current running list is as follows:

Fire -
Water - Water Bearer(s)
Earth - Earthbound
Wind -
Energy - Energizer(s)
Light -
Darkness - Shadow(s), Dark Soul(s) (Two terms here to represent the difference between non-evil/evil wielders of Darkness)

I'm debating on whether to have none-evil/evil counterpart names for each element now, but I guess we'll see how that goes.

Updated Element user list "moniker"

Fire -
Water - Water Bearer(s)
Earth - Earthbound
Wind -
Energy - Energizer(s), Stormer(s)
Light -
Darkness - Shadow(s), Dark Soul(s) (Two terms here to represent the difference between non-evil/evil wielders of Darkness)

At this point I probably will just go ahead and go with the two names route.

Thanks for elaborating nate, it really helps make sense of things and will make it easier in the future. I'll out of town for the next four days or so, but I'll try and put in at least one more post before I go.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2013 09:17 PM
starryknight

Gonna be busy for a couple days but I'll try to have something up by tonight

Old Post Aug 10th, 2013 10:17 PM
starryknight is currently offline Click here to Send starryknight a Private Message Find more posts by starryknight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nate9939
back in action

Its okay for both of you I'm just hoping the others come back we had a nice set of characters and losing a few of them would weaken the diversity.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2013 10:40 PM
starryknight

I forgot what the village was called...and Annie's cursed from the dark magic that was used to heal her wound. If you were to look at her scar black veins would be spreading from it.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2013 04:50 AM
starryknight is currently offline Click here to Send starryknight a Private Message Find more posts by starryknight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nate9939
back in action

Well right now we where going to meat up in a desert town called ammos where it is constantly attacked by monsters hence there are a few stronger mages there which one of the few remaining might want to find there masters but if not after that we will go to daren where it is a city of knowledge where many wizards gather (not many of them are good with battle magic more stuff like gardening, divination, and other stuff like that) where I'm gonna find my master.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2013 03:38 PM
Phoenix3068
RP Legend

My post was kind of short and blunt. Not happy with it. Lol.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2013 11:48 PM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Alright, so I'm back around. Nate, it works that you took care of the mooks to cover for my absence, but I think it was really time to point out the reason there's a difference between the big villains of this setting and the protagonists. I have no intention of killing your character, but that doesn't mean he won't be harmed. I assume that if "Drake" is knocked out he'll revert back to "Nate", so go ahead and post the transformation, then I'll finish up that scene. If you have any issues with what I posted, let me know and we'll talk about changing it.

I'm assuming everything with Avon is okay, but of course the girls can speak up if they don't like something either.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2013 08:49 AM
Phoenix3068
RP Legend

Waiting for Starry on this next one.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2013 06:57 AM
The Scenario
Greater Sci-Fi combatant

Give me a little bit to get caught up and see what I can do here. I only promise to try.

And because I'm sorry about being a terrible person, maybe I can contribute slightly. These are just suggestions and honestly I'm better at the "nickname" feel. Italics denote ones that aren't mine.

Fire - Hotheads, Infernos, Torches, Flametongues
Water - Water Bearer(s), Aquamarines, Deep Ones, Divers, Mers
Earth - Earthbound, Foresters, Grounded, Druids
Wind - Aeronauts, Wind Wakers, Aircallers
Energy - Energizer(s), Stormer(s)
Light - Beacons, Wisps, Starforgers

All I got, sorry again.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2013 07:13 PM
The Scenario is currently offline Click here to Send The Scenario a Private Message Find more posts by The Scenario Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix3068
RP Legend

Scenario! Where have you been!? Also, hi! Talk to me.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2013 08:13 PM