KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Unhosted Role Plays » the law of oaths ( character creation and discussion)

the law of oaths ( character creation and discussion)
Started by: nate9939

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (42): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Phoenix3068
RP Legend

is it odd that the reaction Starry showed gave me the desire to pull her down in public and share a fiery passionate romance with her, possibly behind a cracked door that is blocked off by a shelf for the purposing of allowing Regelion to hear and desire to see but being kept from penetrating the room so that he must suffer "knowing but not seeing"?

Old Post Aug 13th, 2012 11:47 PM
Phoenix3068 is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix3068 a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix3068 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Regelion1
The Dark in a Starry Sky

Thats just horrible it's like you existence is a forever torment.

THANKS FOR THE AWESOME SIG TxG

Old Post Aug 14th, 2012 05:09 AM
Regelion1 is currently offline Click here to Send Regelion1 a Private Message Find more posts by Regelion1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Scenario
I think it goes something like this. Every character has 2 Elements, and each Element seems to have a few abilities associated with it. The Elements and associations I've seen so far are:

Fire: Can project/control fire and is very destructive.
Water: Water abilities and healing
Earth: Control earth and plants
Wind: Wind powers and piercing attacks (I guess blades of wind)
Energy: Lightning, and increasing your own strength
Light: Light powers and breaking curses
Darkness: Dark powers and casting curses

They're pretty vague, so you can basically make up whatever you want as long as it isn't too powerful. Nate uses energy to sheathe his sword in electricity, for instance, while Shota creates weapons out of electricity or fire, and can project it as a bolt. Donny uses water as mist to hide and darkness to weaken people. Just that kind of thing.

Oaths are like a spirit animal type, and you can manifest powers or transformations based on the creature. So far, Nate has sprouted dragon wings but that's about it.

Edit: Class just determines your weapon specialty, I think. Weaponmaster can wield any melee weapon, Archers use bows and ranged weapons, Fighters seem to be unarmed or martial artists, and mages just use Elements better than everyone else.

Thanks for the breakdown, Scenario. If I do jump in on this, or Destiny Orb gets back up and running, I'll definitely be looking forward to playing with you again. Out of curiosity, do you still keep in touch with Shin? I haven't heard from that troll in a while.

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Aug 14th, 2012 05:51 AM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix3068
RP Legend

Going to create a few new characters. All Evil.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2012 10:38 AM
Phoenix3068 is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix3068 a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix3068 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

I may join you in that endeavor...though I'm still deciding on exactly what I'll be doing...

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Aug 14th, 2012 10:40 AM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix3068
RP Legend

How about... The first enemy I create being the Right Hand Man of the main evil guy. That means he carries out all the decisions which.. will most likely all be whatever I think is evil.

Nate, can I make some evil guys over the age of 15? I think 15 and below is good for armatures but the villains should have some sort of experience to them.

Last edited by Phoenix3068 on Aug 14th, 2012 at 01:22 PM

Old Post Aug 14th, 2012 01:18 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Nice as it is to see an active thread again, just a warning about not going too far on the romance side of things, lest we get complaints!

The funniest thread I ever had to delete came from this area. Oh lordy, those were the days...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Aug 14th, 2012 02:04 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Scenario
Greater Sci-Fi combatant

quote: (post)
Originally posted by XanatosForever
Thanks for the breakdown, Scenario. If I do jump in on this, or Destiny Orb gets back up and running, I'll definitely be looking forward to playing with you again. Out of curiosity, do you still keep in touch with Shin? I haven't heard from that troll in a while.

Sounds good, I do to.

As for Shin, yeah, we Skype occasionally and he still lurks around in Games Vs.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2012 05:21 PM
The Scenario is currently offline Click here to Send The Scenario a Private Message Find more posts by The Scenario Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix3068
RP Legend

Understandable, we weren't going to really go to far. A Romance can exist but of course there won't be any R Rated scenes. Any talk of that is purely to bother Regelion. I hope talking big as if we were when we promise you we will not isn't a problem.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2012 06:28 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

So long as you don't use the word 'sprem' at any point.

(It was a badly spelt thread, that one I deleted)

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Aug 14th, 2012 07:33 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix3068
RP Legend

Lol, well ours may not be much better in terms of spelling. Still, I can personally guarantee you nothing like that will happen from me. If someone else does it, I will tell you about it. I'm sure nobody would be silly enough to attempt such a thing after a moderator very clearly explained not to. I hope it was nothing I did that inspired you to speak of such things though, I feel I might be to blame. For anything I did, I ask your forgiveness.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2012 09:25 PM
Regelion1
The Dark in a Starry Sky

If their was a like button I'd hit it Ushgarak. LOL big grin laughing

Old Post Aug 14th, 2012 09:33 PM
Regelion1 is currently offline Click here to Send Regelion1 a Private Message Find more posts by Regelion1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix3068
RP Legend

I don't understand that comment... Give me a moment, I had a character to post.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2012 09:34 PM
nate9939
back in action

i think in alitel bit later not telling you when just when you feal like it well will battle the evildoer we will be destroyed (almost totaly someone rescuse us and telaports us to a difrent town (not sure what to name it) then we go on trying to gain more power well its up to you guys when and were)

Old Post Aug 14th, 2012 09:45 PM
nate9939 is currently offline Click here to Send nate9939 a Private Message Find more posts by nate9939 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix3068
RP Legend

I'm still intent on creating a character to act as 2nd in Command to Dominus. It doesn't make sense for the main villain to face us himself. Of course, I'm going to make this person OP at the moment. It will be possible to defeat them in the future of course but for the time being it's supposed to be an impossible task for the survivors.
Sorry if it seems like I'm deciding things on my own but since nobody else really seems to be jumping at the desire to create a villain, I figured I'd be the first and I've already called dibs on the Commander of Dominus' Dark Forces.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2012 09:52 PM
Regelion1
The Dark in a Starry Sky

I wouldn't mind making a villian he would be one of the maniacs who does moves from the Ginyu force and powerrangers lol. Fearsome but weird the greatest combination since nudest and freerunner lol.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2012 10:14 PM
nate9939
back in action

well i think we can battle your guy but the outher stuff will still happen as long as that is ok with you guys

Old Post Aug 14th, 2012 10:18 PM
nate9939 is currently offline Click here to Send nate9939 a Private Message Find more posts by nate9939 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix3068
RP Legend

Name: Commander, Malkath "Black" Tempest

Elements: Dark / Earth

Class: Weapon Master- But I prefer just "Warrior".
Weapons:
1.) Sword of Elemimic: A Sword given to Black by Dominus. It was pulled from the Circle of Mana in the center of the Plane of Elements. This sword while in physical combat may prove no different then any other sword has a very special property. Its ability to absorb any element thrown at it and change its design based on that element. (Ex. A Fire Element attack thrown at this sword, will be absorbed; the blade then will become one of incredible fire power that can unleash high level fire based strike artes.)

Spells:
Darkness Elemental Spells
(1.)Nightmare World: A Darkness Illusion Attack that thrusts its targets into a world of their worst nightmares. The longer that they remain in this illusion state, the weaker their body becomes. Prolonged stay in the "Nightmare World" will result in the body becoming withered and empty thus falling to decay.
(2.)Sinister Serpent: This spell creates a pure darkness elemental snake that slithers into the minds of its victim and causes false truths to be told. Nobody has proven immune to its effects, making even the most skilled mages fall to deceit of all those around them.
Earth Elemental Spells
(1.)Grave: Several large stalagmites rise quickly upward from the ground and impale the target. Afterward, the stones are pulled back into the ground with their claimed victim. (This won't be used on any actual players, only on NPC for taunting the players.)
(2.)Stone Coffin: Stalagmites shoot out of the ground but rather for the purpose of impaling, they instead surround Black and cause a very powerful defensive wall. He may then lower himself underground and then emerge wherever he dictates as "sufficient".

Oath: -Sealed-
As Black proved himself an incredibly capable warrior, Dominus knew that he would eventually have the desire to try and usurp him. For this reason, Dominus decided to seal away Black's ability to access his Oath. This leaves him significantly weaker.
(HINT, HINT)

Character Image:
(please log in to view the image)

Other Information: Black was once a member of a group who lived by the desire to hunt and kill for pleasure. His work entertained the idea of finding prey worthy of being called such and then enjoyably ripping their eyes out of their chests. Black was not one to argue against this, in fact he embraced it with all that he was.
One day he received word from a comrade of his that a man by the name of Dominus was beginning to make a name for himself. a brilliant prey Black had thought to himself. He and his comrade decided to investigate this rumor closely. Upon arriving in the town where Dominus was to be found, he soon discovered just how interesting this prey of his was. The entire city... had been killed. Dominus stood at the center, proud of the blood work he had done. Black was overconfident. He began to approach with his blade sheathed and he applauded the man.
"Bravo!" he would call. "What a beautiful sight you have created! A city of gold, stained with the blood of its very own greedy people. And you, are to thank for this?" After a short exchange of words, Black began his assault. He would swing his blade viciously with such grace, it brought pride to his fellow hunters. However... it was to no avail. This man, this... Dominus. He was abnormal! Black's blade never even touched him before-- *RIP!* a bloody scar tore across the left side of Black's body and he was sent stumbling to the ground. His comrade attacked and quickly-- was dispatched with an arm through his chest.
Black began to lose control and his oath transformed him. His body began to turn black, horns expanded from his skull, his eyes pure red but before he could continue... A Seal. Centered upon his chest and in that moment blood black as the void spat from his chest and onto the ground. Black screamed in pain, rolling across it. HOW!? he screamed within the confines of his own mind. How did this... man... defeat me so easily? The thrill of the hunt was gone, this was now a slaughter. Black grasped his blade and prepared. He may die, but he would not so easily give up. But before he could stand.. a palm blocked his sight.
"You wish to hunt strong fighters?" Dominus had spoken. "You will find none stronger, save me, then those that will seek me out. You my friend are strong. I am in need of a general. Someone to kill in my name. Join me... and blood enough to fill the oceans will seek you out for the sake of ending their lives."
Little choice was left to Black now. Had he fought, he would die. Never the thrill to hunt again. Had he joined, many would come and more prey could be found, perhaps one even stronger. He knew the hunt for Dominus was not yet over but, was willing to put it on pause. He accepted.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2012 10:19 PM
Phoenix3068
RP Legend

How is that? I will admit, it is kind of obvious how much inspiration I had in this ones creation from Speculum.

EDIT: I am well aware of how powerful I make him look by the way. He's in no way supposed to be a novice. His power is supposed to be a representative of Dominus. He's weaker then Dominus so the stronger I make him look, the stronger Dominus looks in comparison.

Last edited by Phoenix3068 on Aug 14th, 2012 at 10:25 PM

Old Post Aug 14th, 2012 10:21 PM
nate9939
back in action

thats a exalent character i think right before we leave he should say something to the extent if we had more traning they could of won but its up to you Xd

Old Post Aug 14th, 2012 10:27 PM