KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Your 10 Favorite Batman Villains from the Movies

Your 10 Favorite Batman Villains from the Movies
Started by: Myth

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Your 10 Favorite Batman Villains from the Movies

Here's mine:

1. The Joker (Heath Ledger)
(please log in to view the image)

2. Bane (Tom Hardy)

3. Two Face (Aaron Eckhart)

4. The Joker (Jack Nicholson)

5. The Scarecrow (Cillian Murphy)

6. The Penguin (Danny DeVito)

7. Ra's Al Ghul (Liam Neeson)

8. Catwoman (Michelle Pfeiffer)

9. Catwoman (Anne Hathaway) (not a true villain, but she certainly was a nuisance for much of the film)

10. Max Shreck (Christopher Walken)

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Last edited by Myth on Aug 5th, 2012 at 09:46 PM

Old Post Aug 5th, 2012 09:42 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

For me, my favorite film villains include:

1. Aaron Eckhart as Harvey Dent/Two-Face
Two-Face is my favorite villain, and Eckhart point-blank nailed the role. Honestly, Eckhart's Two-Face was my favorite thing about the Nolan films. It definitely removed the stain of Tommy Lee Jones' awful performance as the character in 1995.

2. Mark Hamil as The Joker
Appearing in the full length feature film Mask of the Phantasm, Mark Hamil's Joker is the best on-screen Joker to date, imo. The BTAS version is the one that most closely fits my ideal vision of the Joker.

3. Jack Nicholson as The Joker
Yes, Jack is third on my list. The reason he trumps Heath's version is because Jack's Joker is closer to my ideal Joker. Mark Hamil's BTAS Joker is the closest one to my Joker, and Jack's Joker is the closest live action Joker to Hamil's version.

4. Heath Ledger as The Joker
Heath's Joker is fantastic, but there are two reasons why he's fourth on my list. First is that his performance has been VASTLY overrated by everyone in the film and comic book community. He's a phenomenal Joker, but it's not like his version is untouchable. Second is that his version doesn't fit very well with what I imagine the Joker to be.

5. Liam Neeson as Ras Al Ghul
Liam Neeson as Ras Al Ghul was brilliant. And I should have seen the swerve towards the end coming, but it still surprised me when I saw the film in theaters. Liam's Ras, ethnicity excluded, was extremely close to his comic counterpart.

6. Michelle Pfeiffer as Selina Kyle/Catwoman
She was purrfect as Catwoman. She captured the essentials of the character, exhibiting characteristics of the Golden Age, Silver Age, and Modern Age versions.

7. Dana Delany/Stacy Keach as Andrea Beaumont/Phantasm
Again appearing in Mask of the Phantasm, the Phantasm was basically the Timm/Radomski counterpart to Burton's Catwoman. Also interesting to note is that the character was loosely based on a certain Year Two character that I had been pimping around the forum in the past...

8. Cillian Murphy as Jonathan Crane/Scarecrow
Murphy's rendition of Scarecrow was a surprise to me. He didn't get a lot of attention during the series, but he was one of the better villains in any of the live-action Batman films. I really enjoyed the Scarecrow in Batman Begins.

9. Christopher Walken as Max Shreck
I'm a big Christopher Walken fan, and he played the robber baron very well. His motivation was very interesting, and he had no problem stepping on others to get where he wanted to go.

10. Danny DeVito as The Penguin
I'm really not as big of a fan of Burton's Penguin as I am the BTAS Penguin (same look and features, different characterization), but he's much better than any of the other villains in the other films I've seen (coughForevercough coughB&Rcough). He's pure evil, plain and simple. He was a perverted, sick and twisted person who had no qualms with murdering innocent children to get his revenge on society.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2012 02:29 PM
Bat Dude is currently offline Click here to Send Bat Dude a Private Message Find more posts by Bat Dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Aug 7th, 2012 at 03:09 PM

Old Post Aug 7th, 2012 03:06 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote