KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » What do you want to see in the Bat-Reboot?

What do you want to see in the Bat-Reboot?
Started by: JakeTheBank

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
U Neek
Mr

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bat Dude
In a reboot for the series, what I would want to see is Batman back where he works best and ultimately where he belongs: In a never-changing 1940s world. Gangsters in pinstripes and fedoras, tommy guns, cigars and pipes, etc.

Villain-wise, I would still want to see the Joker, Two-Face and Catwoman at some point, but Black Mask, Scarface, and etc. should definitely appear. A mob war movie between Black Mask, Scarface and a rebooted Penguin would be awesome. Possibly even an appearance by a certain Year Two villain that I had been pimping around the boards in the past? wink

This is what I was expecting after watching Begins. I thought that movie started the Nolan franchise in the right direction; introducing an element of the mob in line with Bat villains (Ra's Al Ghul, Scarescrow), and I actually thought an all out mob warfare element would be introduced in the second film with Batman in the thick of it.

I was not really keen on seeing an old style movie with tommy guns, the old style cars, etc. But hey, executed correctly it could have been something good and may have even surprised me.

Penguin, although having been used as a villain before, would have been good as a Mob boss, along with Black Mask.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2012 05:27 PM
U Neek is currently offline Click here to Send U Neek a Private Message Find more posts by U Neek Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Originally posted by U Neek

I was not really keen on seeing an old style movie with tommy guns, the old style cars, etc. But hey, executed correctly it could have been something good and may have even surprised me.

In the style of Sin City. That would be an awesome addition to the franchise...like a one-off ElseWorld story line.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2012 03:46 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
U Neek
Mr

Originally posted by Esau Cairn
In the style of Sin City.

That's a pretty good idea. It would certainly give it that comic book feel.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2012 10:54 AM
U Neek is currently offline Click here to Send U Neek a Private Message Find more posts by U Neek Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deepblue

I still want the reboot to be modern like Nolan-verse and Arkham City. I have no problems with the latest suit/armor from Nolan as long as I see the mix of strength and agility (BatBale lacks agility in his action sequences IMO) in the action scenes. I would also like to see the proactive Batman who has a plan ready for anything that surfaces then add that to some awesome detective work - in short, a really intelligent Batman. Just watched Batman: Under the Red Hood and I think the story, action, emotions there are worthy of a good film.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2012 07:24 AM
deepblue is currently offline Click here to Send deepblue a Private Message Find more posts by deepblue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

I would love the dark gritty nolan verse bat but given the things DeepBlue mentioned. I wann see batman as agile as black widow from Ironman 2 lol

anyways anyone see these rumors yet?

http://entertainment.time.com/2012/...caped-crusader/

Terrible Idea imo. If this happened it would be another flop for DC as far as im concerned.

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Old Post Nov 30th, 2012 06:11 AM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

I'd kinda like to see Killer Croc, maybe Deadshot or Deathstroke, too. And Nightwing.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2012 08:55 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote