KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Full-Powered Spectre vs Post Retcon Living Tribunal

Full-Powered Spectre vs Post Retcon Living Tribunal
Started by: Waffleman22

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Cogito

Nobody's arguing for the Spectre here...

"And then there was nothing. A once broken something now void.
And on the first day, Doom spoke...
'Be.'
And then there was life."

Old Post Aug 14th, 2012 05:00 PM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the Darkone

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Waffleman22
If Beyonder was SOOOO powerful, How did he get retconned? Because TOAA (canon wise) probably just got tired of him. And again wasnt the idea that the PR Beyonder imagined he beat the Celestials and wasnt that powerful at all?

Im no counting for consistancy, and counting which at FULL POWER would win. And even then im kinda giving Spectre a slight power boost to make it more even

Beyonder was retconned because Jim Shooter left Marvel, and it was stab/cheap shot at him by the new Editor in Chief and other writers, and Beyonder was too damn powerful.

Beyonder was second to TOAA, and remind you this the same Beyonder that depowered himself to fit in the Marvel Omniverse, the Marvel Omniverse couldn't contain him if he was at full powered.

Classic Beyonder was greater than Anti Monitor, and this the same Monitor that put a full powered Spectre in a coma state.

Classic Beyonder had no equal in the Marvel universe beside Molecule Man and he was above LT, Beyonder is the reason we still read Hulk comics.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2012 05:09 PM
the Darkone is currently offline Click here to Send the Darkone a Private Message Find more posts by the Darkone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the Darkone

Originally posted by Cogito
Nobody's arguing for the Spectre here...

Because DC have f**ked him up like they did Darkseid, and plus he is too inconsistant. After COIE and Hal Jordan Spectre he was never the same.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2012 05:11 PM
the Darkone is currently offline Click here to Send the Darkone a Private Message Find more posts by the Darkone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Waffleman22

All of the times that the Spectre has been "beaten" by 5D Imps is because he was
A.) Depowered
B.) Not poiant to the story
C.) Host was not working oout
D.) PIS

Old Post Aug 14th, 2012 05:35 PM
Waffleman22 is currently offline Click here to Send Waffleman22 a Private Message Find more posts by Waffleman22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Or 5D imps are that powerful.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2012 05:40 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cogito

Originally posted by the Darkone
Because DC have f**ked him up like they did Darkseid, and plus he is too inconsistant. After COIE and Hal Jordan Spectre he was never the same.
thumb up

All of the times that the Spectre has been "beaten" by 5D Imps is because he was
A.) Depowered
B.) Not poiant to the story
C.) Host was not working oout
D.) PIS
Ummm, no.

The only time the Spectre has really been portrayed as a true top dog in Post-Crisis DC (i.e. even within the top 10) was in the DC/Marvel crossover with the brothers. Of the top of my head I can list a couple dozen characters that are/have been more powerful.

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Or 5D imps are that powerful.
thumb up

'Be.'

Old Post Aug 14th, 2012 05:56 PM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Waffleman22

Man, this page is getting a LOT of traffic. Thanks to everyone for posting.

A.) Yeah they didnt get rid of the Beyonder because he was an overpowererd, annoying, whiny (Super-Boy Prime whiny) and completely bland character, it was because Marvel guys are a-holes -_-

B.) Im not denying that 5D Imps are packing a CRAP ton of Magical power, but even you mentioned Day of Vengeance where he removed all the Magic from the 5D Dimension and made Mxyzptlk virtually useless. THATS an impressive feat.

C.) Im on a site (no offense) with a lot of marvel fanboys. People who are so stubborn they pull things out of their ass just to prove a point (...which im kinda doing but im trying to be fair) I mean there could be a Frog in DC and a Frog in MARVEL that are the same size, strength, and speed. They are virtually clones, and MARVEL fans would say the MARVEL frog would win why "because the gravitational fields of Earth 616 are more powerful than that of the DC Earth and blah blah technobabble blah" When really it comes down to "The frogs from Marvel and EVERYTHING FROM MARVEL IS BETTER THAN DC... **** DC" Need i remind everyone of the joyous crossover of Marvel vs. DC where Spiderman beat Superboy... That totally wasnt biased at ALL. (Disclaimer: I do not think you specifically are a Marvel fan and i dont think that makes me right or makes me the better debater, it just sometimes these people dont do their research, plz just realize im just having fun with this)

Old Post Aug 14th, 2012 06:56 PM
Waffleman22 is currently offline Click here to Send Waffleman22 a Private Message Find more posts by Waffleman22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Waffleman22

Originally posted by the Darkone
Beyonder was retconned because Jim Shooter left Marvel, and it was stab/cheap shot at him by the new Editor in Chief and other writers, and Beyonder was too damn powerful.

Beyonder was second to TOAA, and remind you this the same Beyonder that depowered himself to fit in the Marvel Omniverse, the Marvel Omniverse couldn't contain him if he was at full powered.

Classic Beyonder was greater than Anti Monitor, and this the same Monitor that put a full powered Spectre in a coma state.

Classic Beyonder had no equal in the Marvel universe beside Molecule Man and he was above LT, Beyonder is the reason we still read Hulk comics.

Noone cares about the Beyonder, except on battle forums were Marvel fans can wank their character cocks in the direction of other fans (mainly DC fans) and gloat. Doesnt excuse the fact he was Bland and Overpowered. And never shut the hell up about how he though we were "Insects" to him.

At least Mxyzptlk is funny and Living Tribunal is epic. Oh and TOAA is Jack Kirby... That is a degree of awesome no character in any fictional medium can EVER hope to achieve... Not even Chuck Norris riding on a Great White Shark through a Tornado.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2012 07:01 PM
Waffleman22

D.) Yes i can think of a few characters in DC that are more powerful nowadays than Spectre
Superman Prime One Million
Presence
Mandraak
Cosmic Armor Superman
WF Mxy
WF Batmite
Zatanna (possibly)
and others

But again i am stating that Spectre at FULL potential could give Living Tribunal a really good fight.

Unles you think that TOAA is more powerful than the Presence? (3...2...1)

Old Post Aug 14th, 2012 07:07 PM
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

LT.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2012 07:09 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cogito

Spectre never depowered the 5th dimension or Mxy in DoV.

'Be.'

Old Post Aug 14th, 2012 07:13 PM
Waffleman22

I distinctively remember that the affects of the depowering of magic after Day of Vengeance left Mxy virtually powerless and without memory of how to get back to the 5th Dimension. It was in Superman story that i believe happend in later Superman/Batman stories. I even remember that Mxyzptlk has become so indifferent he could be sorta killed by a Kryptonite spear to the chest until Spectre restored Magic and he became his normal impish self

Old Post Aug 14th, 2012 07:21 PM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

C.) Im on a site (no offense) with a lot of marvel fanboys. People who are so stubborn they pull things out of their ass just to prove a point (...which im kinda doing but im trying to be fair) I mean there could be a Frog in DC and a Frog in MARVEL that are the same size, strength, and speed. They are virtually clones, and MARVEL fans would say the MARVEL frog would win why "because the gravitational fields of Earth 616 are more powerful than that of the DC Earth and blah blah technobabble blah" When really it comes down to "The frogs from Marvel and EVERYTHING FROM MARVEL IS BETTER THAN DC... **** DC" Need i remind everyone of the joyous crossover of Marvel vs. DC where Spiderman beat Superboy... That totally wasnt biased at ALL. (Disclaimer: I do not think you specifically are a Marvel fan and i dont think that makes me right or makes me the better debater, it just sometimes these people dont do their research, plz just realize im just having fun with this)

I trust you haven't seen some of the Superman fanboys flying around here, I take it? wink

KMC is actually pretty even across the board when it comes to fanboys and trolls and haters of all affiliations. Some Hulk fans think he's beyond the means of top tiers to defeat, let alone hurt. Some Superman fans think he can solo the equivilent of 100,000 Hulks with power to rival 1/4 of the Big Bang.

Stick around long enough, and you'll find bias and stupidity from both sides.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2012 07:28 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Waffleman22

Well... im kind of a Superman Fanboy myself (and i do think he can beat the crap of the Hulk with no effort) and he did
But i do admit he has his limits (Pre-Crisis or Post Crisis) and he isnt gonna "Take the LT or Beyonder out back and rape them" because thats complete bullshit and fan wankery. But i think that Marvel and DC fans are Far FARRRRR worse when it comes to abstracts.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2012 07:38 PM
Robbie_Rotten
Rotten

Since when was LT retconned?

Old Post Aug 14th, 2012 08:28 PM
Robbie_Rotten is currently offline Click here to Send Robbie_Rotten a Private Message Find more posts by Robbie_Rotten Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Waffleman22

I was mearly stating that after Secret Wars 2 he was given more additional powers and became the Second most powerful character in Marvel again.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2012 12:14 AM
ColossusGrundy
Zatanna's body pillow

Spectre stomps after a decent fight. he always seems to pull something out of his .......... hood.

Fight begins interesting and then turns to a stomp

Top hat not required.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2012 12:19 AM
ColossusGrundy is currently offline Click here to Send ColossusGrundy a Private Message Find more posts by ColossusGrundy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 15th, 2012 12:46 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Harbinger
Firestorm

laughing out loud

Old Post Aug 15th, 2012 12:48 AM
Harbinger is currently offline Click here to Send Harbinger a Private Message Find more posts by Harbinger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

i made it too quickly and didn't notice the mistakes. could make a new one but...nah

Old Post Aug 15th, 2012 12:50 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote