KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » "Puff" the Magic Dragon runs a gauntlet (AvX spoilers)

"Puff" the Magic Dragon runs a gauntlet (AvX spoilers)
Started by: zopzop

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lek Kuen
Also what's up with the current Dragon having legs? Thought Shao Lao was cursed/forced to slither? Or was that retconed?

Its Bendis and Fraction .

Old Post Aug 16th, 2012 08:19 PM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by srankmissingnin
I don't surfer from a debilitating case of fetal alcohol syndrome like yourself, which allows the ability me to use deductive reasoning to deduce what might allow a character who can't beat up human level kung fu fighters, an ability that can hurt an Phoenix caliber opponent. Lets recap. He can't beat humans with martial art training. He can hurt the Phoenix. There is only one option to rectify those two facts. He has contrived deus ex machina anti Phoenix breath.

Also, "Puffy" never "wtfpwned" the Phoenix. The Thunder said there is a legend that Shou Lao beat Phoenix... but that isn't concrete proof of anything, and certainly not indicative of him "owning" the Phoenix.

Recapping : You got nothing and just making this up as you go along. I'm still waiting for proof that Puffy's "anti phoenix" breath is the reason why he beat the FP. Hell I'm still waiting for proof Puffy's breath is SPECIFICALLY "anti-phoenix" in nature and wouldn't wreck other beings too.

It was STATED clear as day on panel that Puffy, as an Adult, beat the PF. You don't have to like it but you can't ignore it. An adolescent version of Puffy hurt Cyclops with 1/2 of the PF. Thor has had his ass handed to him by 1/5 of the PF, Puffy beat the whole thing. Use "deductive reasoning" and see how Adult Puffy breaks Thor.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2012 08:23 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by zopzop
Recapping : You got nothing and just making this up as you go along. I'm still waiting for proof that Puffy's "anti phoenix" breath is the reason why he beat the FP. Hell I'm still waiting for proof Puffy's breath is SPECIFICALLY "anti-phoenix" in nature and wouldn't wreck other beings too.

It was STATED clear as day on panel that Puffy, as an Adult, beat the PF. You don't have to like it but you can't ignore it. An adolescent version of Puffy hurt Cyclops with 1/2 of the PF. Thor has had his ass handed to him by 1/5 of the PF, Puffy beat the whole thing. Use "deductive reasoning" and see how Adult Puffy breaks Thor.

Are you trolling right now, or are you legitimately retarded?

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Aug 16th, 2012 08:27 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Originally posted by TheGodKiller
I'll say it again : Srank is 100% correct here . There is a "legend" that Shao Lao allegedly beat the Phoenix , which may be supported by his(reborn , younger incarnation's) ability to hurt a much stronger P2 member(one whom even Wanda couldn't affect) .

However , one can't discount the history of the character , throughout which multiple Kung Fu fighters have beaten him to claim the power of Iron Fist , the most recent(not chronologically) of which was depicted in New Avengers # 25 .

With that said , Thor isn't the Phoenix , and if he doesn't have his recent "Worf-Effect" aura on , Shao Lao stops at 1 . Otherwise he stops at 3 .

So you don't think showing a laughing bean saying "lol wut" as a derogatory remark against those who had a comment against you?

Who cares!

The dragon hurt Scott. The dragon hurt 1/2 of the Phoenix when it was still young.....who cares!!!!!!

You even went as far as saying it makes it's way to round 3....well done.

Who CAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRREEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS??????????

A creature with one feat is not worth mocking posters.

Last edited by the ninjak on Aug 16th, 2012 at 08:30 PM

Old Post Aug 16th, 2012 08:28 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Are you trolling right now, or are you legitimately retarded?

I want PROOF of what you just stated, that a) Puffy only beat the PF because of his "anti-phoenix" breath and b) that his breath even is "anti-phoenix" in nature and wouldn't be as effective vs other opponents.

You ran your mouth, now back it up. It should be easy since you so smart and I'm a retard.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2012 08:29 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

I want PROOF of what you just stated, that a) Puffy only beat the PF because of his "anti-phoenix" breath and b) that his breath even is "anti-phoenix" in nature and wouldn't be as effective vs other opponents.

You ran your mouth, now back it up. It should be easy since you so smart and I'm a retard.

old Man Iron Fist told Rand the dragon has unlimited power! thumb up So your right

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Aug 16th, 2012 08:30 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

There is no way you are this stupid. I've provided enough to convince everyone except you and your drug addled brain.

We've seen what Shou Lao is capable off. We've seen his fire breath before... we've seen it used against human level opponents. He has been beaten and killed 66 times by human martial arts, and by sheer happenstance he has an ability that can injure the Phoenix. Use your brain for something other than a paper weight an put two and two together you mongoloid.

(please log in to view the image)

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Aug 16th, 2012 08:36 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

There is no way you are this stupid. I've provided enough to convince everyone except you and your drug addled brain.

We've seen what Shou Lao is capable off. We've seen his fire breath before... we've seen it used against human level opponents. He has been beaten and killed 66 times by human martial arts, and by sheer happenstance he has an ability that can injure the Phoenix. Use your brain for something other than a paper weight an put two and two together you mongoloid.

Translation : I can't back up my claims so I'm just gonna hurl insults.
Gotcha.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2012 08:37 PM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Translation : I can't back up my claims so I'm just gonna hurl insults.
Gotcha.

It's already been backed up, you just insist in ignoring it and stroking your erection...

Old Post Aug 16th, 2012 08:39 PM
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Originally posted by the ninjak
So you don't think showing a laughing bean saying "lol wut" as a derogatory remark against those who had a comment against you?

Who cares!

The dragon hurt Scott. The dragon hurt 1/2 of the Phoenix when it was still young.....who cares!!!!!!

You even went as far as saying it makes it's way to round 3....well done.

Who CAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRREEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS??????????

A creature with one feat is not worth mocking posters.

Only one poster supposedly had a comment against me , and it was a joking comment .

Seriously dude , calm down . I wasn't mocking anyone . You claimed that I had fanboy opinion , despite the fact that my statement regarding Hope's feat in that issue is 100% backed by on-panel evidence , so I responded in kind .

And I also stated that Shao Lao stops at Round 3 , only if Thor is in Jobber-mode . Did you miss that ?

But still , at the end of the day , when its all said and done , who cares ?

Oh and one more thing :

Old Post Aug 16th, 2012 08:43 PM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

A one feat being, too weak to defeat its first opponent is in fact...

too lame to warrant a thread battle. Let alone a gauntlet.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2012 08:57 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

It's already been backed up, you just insist in ignoring it and stroking your erection...

Your blatant Puffy lowballing is disgusting.
Good day to you.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2012 09:00 PM
Sundipped
MURDERER

This Nekron hate and lowballing is beneath you Prep! mad

Look who's talking?
Ain't that the pottle calling the kettle black.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2012 10:12 PM
Sundipped is currently offline Click here to Send Sundipped a Private Message Find more posts by Sundipped Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sundipped
MURDERER

And btw....

It wasn't Shao Lao who bested the PF. It was the weilder of his energy (the forces that power Iron Fist) as stated in AvX 6.

No telling how much control this avatar had.
Safe to say that incarnation of IF weilded a substantial amount of power. Waaaaaaay more than this "Puff the dragon" that Zop made this idiotic thread based on

Old Post Aug 16th, 2012 10:22 PM
Sundipped is currently offline Click here to Send Sundipped a Private Message Find more posts by Sundipped Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by Sundipped
And btw....

It wasn't Shao Lao who bested the PF. It was the weilder of his energy (the forces that power Iron Fist) as stated in AvX 6.

Safe to say that incarnation of IF weilded a substantial amount of power. Waaaaaaay more than this "Puff the dragon" that Zop made this idiotic thread based on
Pretty much the same thing Hope did at the end of the issue (minus Chaos Magic)

Iron Fist > All

Last edited by One Big Mob on Aug 16th, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Old Post Aug 16th, 2012 10:58 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

And btw....

Uhm, how does that disprove what I said? It was Puffy's power that beat the FULL FP! They merely fought through avatars. Thanks for proving my point.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2012 11:02 PM
Sundipped
MURDERER

Uhm, how does that disprove what I said? It was Puffy's power that beat the FULL FP! They merely fought through avatars. Thanks for proving my point.

Umm how does that disprove what I said? It's still an idiotic thread. "Puffy" didn't beat shit. It was a full grown dragons power that went a round with an avatar that we have no idea how much power was weilded by it.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2012 11:08 PM
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Umm how does that disprove what I said? It's still an idiotic thread. "Puffy" didn't beat shit. It was a full grown dragons power that went a round with an avatar that we have no idea how much power was weilded by it.

IT WAS PUFFY'S POWER, just wielded by an Avatar, EXACTLY like the PF. Hell a baby Puffy hurt Cyclops with 1/2 of the PF badly. "No, NO!"....... laughing

Old Post Aug 16th, 2012 11:14 PM
Sundipped
MURDERER

IT WAS PUFFY'S POWER, just wielded by an Avatar, EXACTLY like the PF. Hell a baby Puffy hurt Cyclops with 1/2 of the PF badly. "No, NO!"....... laughing

Hurt???
Scott tanked a blast from Hope and the dragon. Then basically 1 shotted the dragon with only half of the PF.

Fail...try again.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2012 11:21 PM
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Hurt???
Scott tanked a blast from Hope and the dragon. Then basically 1 shotted the dragon with only half of the PF.

Fail...try again.

See this?
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/129...e-_013.jpg.html
Him screaming "No........NO!" from the attack of an ADOLESCENT AKA YOUNG Puffy (as stated on panel)!
The only FAIL belongs to the PF. laughing

Old Post Aug 16th, 2012 11:28 PM