KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » How come Harry didn't go crazy?

How come Harry didn't go crazy?
Started by: C-3POTheClever

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
C-3POTheClever

How come Harry didn't go crazy?

U know when Norman Osborn went in that thing that gave him superpowers? It also had side-effects, it made him go crazy & created this other being that twas telling him to do bad things etc, how come the same didn't happen with Harry? Other than his added superpowers, he was the same angry Harry as he was before. Why wasn't he effected like gis father?

Old Post Aug 19th, 2012 11:13 PM
C-3POTheClever is currently offline Click here to Send C-3POTheClever a Private Message Find more posts by C-3POTheClever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Meh Osborn dual identity thing didnt come until later, originally he was just a dick. It did effect Harry iirc he went bonkers. Temporarilly. If he didnt go insane when Norman Osborn got his future wife pregnant nothing should get to him.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2012 01:20 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

He did go nuts, he was talking to his all the time.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2012 04:05 AM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
C-3POTheClever

quote: (post)
Originally posted by the ninjak
He did go nuts, he was talking to his all the time.
Was he? I don't remember Harry having another personality thingy telling him to do bad things! I do remember his father's spirit doing so though.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2012 08:09 AM
C-3POTheClever is currently offline Click here to Send C-3POTheClever a Private Message Find more posts by C-3POTheClever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Originally posted by C-3POTheClever
Was he? I don't remember Harry having another personality thingy telling him to do bad things! I do remember his father's spirit doing so though.

Yeah I forgot to write "dad" in my post.

That's pretty near schizophrenic in my book. And the whole trying to destroy Parkers relationship was pretty crazy.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2012 10:32 AM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
C-3POTheClever

Originally posted by the ninjak
Yeah I forgot to write "dad" in my post.

That's pretty near schizophrenic in my book. And the whole trying to destroy Parkers relationship was pretty crazy.

Well, he was talking to his Dad at the end of spider-man 2 as well, so I didn't think think that had anything to do with going crazy & it was his Dad who told him to run Parker's relationship & afterall he did want revenge on Peter.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2012 11:41 AM
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

I reckon both already had schizophrenia running in the family.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2012 12:43 PM
Mr. Rhythmic

Harry went COMPLETELY insane. The Green Goblin II stories are some of the all time best because of how Harry would cross the line more and more every encounter. He was only sane when he experienced (like his father) a concussion, which subdued a part of his mind.

I'm speaking of course before his resurrection, because I stopped reading Spider-Man comics post One More Day.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2012 03:56 PM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SevenShackles
Missa pro defunctis

i always thought both Harry and his father were just unbalanced from the get go. Norman was stressed and under pressure and possibly at his limit (maybe) when he decided to do the desperate thing and experiment on himself. he then develops the green goblin persona who simply does as he pleases. he is crazy and does not give a shit about anyone. mind you he didnt seem to care much about others when he wasnt crazy but it seem to get worse.

harry on the other hand was more of a internal conflict.. he didnt become his demon (goblin) but rather had internal conflict and dialogs about what needed to be done. justifying things rather than just doing them for shits and giggles. Harry being more social (as in having personal relationships that actually mean something to him) and essentially less crazy made any mental impact of the transformation to be less drastic/deranged than that of his father.
which ultimately would explain why when he reached some sort of closure learning the true nature of his fathers dead and reflecting on his own actions was able to do the 'right' thing in the end.

his personal issues seemed to manifest into a crazy suggestion box in the form of his dead father (the source of all his issues) while his father possibly had such issues that his mind just full on warped.. its like a bad drug trip .. you can have a bad trip and be okay after or you can take so much you bug out and never be the same again. to me comparing them are like that. (in the movie at least)

GAMMA GIDEON

Respect: -Dynamo 5 -Greed -Noh-Varr/Marvel Boy

Last edited by SevenShackles on Oct 4th, 2012 at 05:47 AM

Old Post Oct 4th, 2012 05:43 AM
SevenShackles is currently offline Click here to Send SevenShackles a Private Message Find more posts by SevenShackles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote