KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Family

STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Family
Started by: REXXXX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

I'll swap out Orthodox Guard for Balanced Guard while looking for a way through. What am I looking at?

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Sep 29th, 2013 09:12 PM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

A series of maintenance tunnels that go through the machines on this side. All very dark and filled with obstructions. Which way do you want to go? You can go any direction.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2013 05:27 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

The droids might expect us to double and try and make it to where we first came in, but it's also the only surefire means of escape we know. For now, maybe trying to lose them would work best. Ww'll make a right turn, just to break line of sight.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2013 09:08 PM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Jung will point out that going back up was impossible to begin with, with how many droids were behind you. It is even more so now.

You break line of sight with the droids as they begin to descend to your level and fire down the maintenance tunnel. A series of bolts connect with the metal surfaces of the tunnel, causing an awful echoing din as the metal cracks and splits from the impact of super-heated plasma. It combines with the thrumming vibrations of the machinery around you, rendering you pretty much deaf.

Jung is yelling something back you cannot hear him.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2013 08:23 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Lovely. Can I try and read his lips?

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2013 10:09 PM
REXXXX
Networking

You think he is asking you what to do.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2013 05:01 AM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

How wide is the maintenance tunnel?

Old Post Oct 8th, 2013 04:53 PM
REXXXX
Networking

You can stand two across, shoulder-to-shoulder.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2013 06:11 PM
REXXXX
Networking

You do notice that droids are starting to make their way into the tunnel behind you. You have a bit of a head start but not much. They can only enter two at a time.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2013 09:44 PM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Ah...once again, my lack of attention gets me. Thought I'd done something here.

Well, I'm rather tempted to hold the line and just hack at droids, but I'm pretty sure even with the bottleneck it's probably not the best idea...so, continue the tactical withdrawal! Let's make a left at the next interval and see where it leads us.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2013 04:10 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Holding the line would result in you getting caught up fighting a seemingly unending stream of droids. You can only last so long against such forces.

Heading up the tunnel and taking the next available left brings you into a connecting maintenance tunnel that services the machinery around you. It leads to an opening back out into the Lower Maintenance Level... and you already see droids pouring in.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2013 11:18 PM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Oh, that'd be downright comical if it wasn't so lethal. Okay, so, either the nearest right, or doubling back and going down the opposite direction, that's probably the next move there. Yes.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2013 05:50 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Doubling back shows you that going anywhere on this level potentially brings you to the droids "outside" as the horde catches up with you.

"Keep moving down!" Jung shouts as he makes for a ladder descending deeper in the machinery. He offers some parting shots before he heads down.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2013 06:26 PM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Down we go, then!

Old Post Nov 6th, 2013 09:59 PM
REXXXX
Networking

The maintenance tunnel you cram into is even smaller than the one above it. Lacking Fix-It, you have no idea what it is intended to maintain, but it is narrow enough that only one person can move through it at a time.

The yammer of droids and pinging of laserfire can still be heard in the background, beneath the drone of the machinery.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2013 01:04 AM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

A good thing Jung took the lead then. I wonder how far down we've gone at this point, but there's no time to worry! Keep pushing forward, at least until I can come up with a better idea.

Aurel scrambles down the tunnel after Jung, glancing back and keeping ready to deflect blaster fire if the droids manage to get back into range.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2013 09:10 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Jung's action certainly took you out of the line of fire, which always helps. However, you encounter a problem. This maintenance corridor only goes around inside the machinery. It doesn't actually let you out at any point.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2013 01:23 AM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

This is not good. I'm completely drawing a blank on ideas of how to move on from this point. Is it possible to make a new opening for us to keep moving through? Or is the corridor walls clealy too thick for such an attempt?

Old Post Mar 14th, 2014 03:10 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Any new opening you cut will bring you into the guts of the machinery you are in. You could try clambering out through there, but you risk being smashed to bits or ground up or incinerated or... you get the picture.

The only way out of this is back the way you came, and that certainly means death at this point.

"This is hopeless, isn't it?" Jung asks. "We're trapped."

Old Post Mar 14th, 2014 10:49 PM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

I do get the picture, and I'm not at all confident in my ability to survive a situation like that even on my own, much less trying to keep Jung alive...if the tunnel just goes around, I have to assume that the droids will eventually be coming down both directions. I don't remember if I checked to see if we had a way to communicate with someone outside. I think I just assumed any major communications would be in the vehicle. Can we radio for help in any way?

"It certainly looks that way," Aurel replies grimly. He did not lower his saber, but his mind was racing for a faint hope, some small piece of a puzzle he was overlooking that could still get them to safety.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2014 10:40 AM