KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Family

STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Family
Started by: REXXXX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Gender: Male
Location: Tending the throne.

I'll be sure to get into the habit, then. Keeping Sense running since I see no reason not to do so on the approach.

Edit: Second page! How exciting! big grin
______

Despite the haze, Aurel notes some breaches. "Multiple entries," he say to inform Jung, "There must be a fair number of them."


__________________
-"My internet is currently so bad I'm time traveling. Don't worry about it."

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2012 03:41 PM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Gender: Male
Location: San Diego

Moderator

"What do you make of it?" Jung says. "Were any of them forced recently?"


__________________

My Twitter My Facebook My Tumblr My Wordpress

Old Post Sep 4th, 2012 05:49 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Gender: Male
Location: Tending the throne.

Something crossed my mind earlier: is it possible to utilize combat scthicks in conjunction with blade schticks?

Another crack at Observation to see if I can discern time of entry from any of the openings.


__________________
-"My internet is currently so bad I'm time traveling. Don't worry about it."

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Sep 4th, 2012 08:05 AM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Gender: Male
Location: San Diego

Moderator

It is not. You can certainly have the Combat Schticks in your loadout while fighting with a Lightsaber, but you cannot apply them to a Lightsaber attack. With Swiftness, you can jump back and forth between the two easily, though.


You cannot make anything out as being recent.


__________________

My Twitter My Facebook My Tumblr My Wordpress

Old Post Sep 6th, 2012 10:43 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Gender: Male
Location: Tending the throne.

Would that be translatable to making an unarmed attack while the light saber is ignited, or I would have to specifically deactivate it?

I've got nothing else in mind for the glide over, so I'm ready to land.
_________

"It does not appear so," Aurel replied, "let's take a closer look."


__________________
-"My internet is currently so bad I'm time traveling. Don't worry about it."

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Sep 6th, 2012 10:53 PM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Gender: Male
Location: San Diego

Moderator

That would simply be a matter of style.


At your insistence, Jung brings the speeder in low over the Old Factories. He asks where you think you should land and enter.


__________________

My Twitter My Facebook My Tumblr My Wordpress

Old Post Sep 6th, 2012 11:16 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Gender: Male
Location: Tending the throne.

Okay, just wanted to clarify. So no Dodge and Weave + Balanced Guard defense or something. stick out tongue Good to know.

_________


"I see no reason to cause further damage to the place. We will use the entrance already made." He indicates to the structure they are just below, brow furrowed for a moment before adding, "Land as close as you can. Better to have it nearby for a fast retreat if necessary."


__________________
-"My internet is currently so bad I'm time traveling. Don't worry about it."

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Sep 6th, 2012 11:29 PM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Gender: Male
Location: San Diego

Moderator

As handy as that would be. Thankfully, your template is designed to be able to fight without a weapon! So you could, in a dire moment, switch to punching out someone while tapping Dodge & Weave for a turn, or move to unarmed tactics if you've exerted all your Blade Schticks.

You will learn...

-

The Old Factories do not have much in the way of landing platforms; you figure they were designed in a period where that wasn't really necessary, or maybe people came up from below... you're not sure.

Either way, Jung finds one of the massive loading doors open wide enough to admit his speeder and slowly edges it into the darkness beyond.

You can hardly see anything beyond what the speeder's headlights illuminate. And all that appears to just be jumbled wreckage and rusted machinery of no definition.


__________________

My Twitter My Facebook My Tumblr My Wordpress

Old Post Sep 6th, 2012 11:32 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Gender: Male
Location: Tending the throne.

I have no doubt you will be an effective, somewhat brutal, tutor. Heh...

_______

"Very odd," Aurel muses aloud, "that anyone would have any sort of interest in this old place." As the speeder edges in Aurel looks carefully at what enters the range of the headlights, reaching out with the Force into the darkness beyond. As they come to stop he steps down onto the factory floor.


__________________
-"My internet is currently so bad I'm time traveling. Don't worry about it."

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Sep 6th, 2012 11:42 PM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Gender: Male
Location: San Diego

Moderator

The crunch of rust and squelch of grime meet your boot.

You do not sense anything out of the ordinary, though the room you have landed in is quite large. It contains a jumble mess of things and stuff that you cannot make out in the darkness.

"I agree," Jung says. "It concerns me."

Jung has a small tactical flashlight that he clicks on. It does not improve your ability to see much.


__________________

My Twitter My Facebook My Tumblr My Wordpress

Old Post Sep 7th, 2012 08:43 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Gender: Male
Location: Tending the throne.

This next action takes some liberties concerning character equipment. If it seems unlikely or doesn't fit, of course, let me know so I can void it with another action. I'll have to again refer to my ignorance of the minute details of the 'verse for any inconsitencies.

__________

Aurel follows the officer's lead, reaching down to the small case attached to his side opposite his lightsaber and opening it. The contents primarily consist of basic, simple medical aid, with one disassembled syringe and a five ounce pouch of bacta with insert for drawing out the fluid. More important to him now, however, was the small collection of glowrods, three in total, adhered under the top of the case, one of which he pulls free. After closing the medi-kit and putting it back on his hip, the young Swordsman gives the rod a snap and a shake to get the luminescent fluid within an opportunity to shine and holding it above his head as a makeshift torch, keeping it out of his line of sight so as not to blind him.

With this new lightsource, Aurel takes a further step into the gloom, curiosity and concern in his thoughts.


__________________
-"My internet is currently so bad I'm time traveling. Don't worry about it."

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Sep 7th, 2012 09:31 AM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Gender: Male
Location: San Diego

Moderator

If you have the skill Medicine, it can be assumed that you have some small medical supplies on you. Nothing significant, however.

And other items like rope and glowrods, usually okay as well.

-

The glowrod provides more light than Jung's flashlight, certainly, but due to the size of the room you still do not actually see the walls aside from the chunk of blast door behind you.

Picture the Fellowship in the mines of Moria, Gandalf's light only covering a small ring around you. It is not so vast. Still quite cavernous in here. You wonder what they needed all that space for.


__________________

My Twitter My Facebook My Tumblr My Wordpress

Old Post Sep 8th, 2012 12:51 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Gender: Male
Location: Tending the throne.

Lucky for me, then, Aurel does in fact have ranks in Medicine, and I even noted that he's rarely ever not found with a first aid kit of some sort. I did my best to make it seem appropriate and note clear limits so as not to abuse anything. smile

_________

Aurel frowned somewhat, looking around in the brighter light of the glowrod.

"Was there any indication of how long this trespassing had been going on?", he asked the officer.


__________________
-"My internet is currently so bad I'm time traveling. Don't worry about it."

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Sep 8th, 2012 01:00 AM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Gender: Male
Location: San Diego

Moderator

Definitely familiarize yourself with the Medicine ratings and rules for healing. Often times, there is not an opportunity to fully heal yourself during a story.

-

"Some of the sensors we've installed in the area have been tripped a few times this week," Jung says. "Yesterday they went haywire and were tripped dozens of times. We're not sure what did it. All they detect is movement."


__________________

My Twitter My Facebook My Tumblr My Wordpress

Old Post Sep 8th, 2012 01:29 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Gender: Male
Location: Tending the throne.

I'll certainly do that.

_____

"Given the size of this place, they may have been moving vehicles of some manner," Aurel said, considering the implications of motion sensors bring tripped so severely as he steps further into the building, "Let us keep searching."


__________________
-"My internet is currently so bad I'm time traveling. Don't worry about it."

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Sep 8th, 2012 01:35 AM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Gender: Male
Location: San Diego

Moderator

"Speeder theft?" Jung says. "Possible."

You have to stumble around for a moment before determining that you have a few ways out of here:

- Going to the lefthand wall, where there is another blast door. It is sealed.

- Going forward, where there is an open corridor of great height.

- Climbing up onto the gangways, where there is a maintenance exit.


__________________

My Twitter My Facebook My Tumblr My Wordpress

Old Post Sep 8th, 2012 02:34 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Gender: Male
Location: Tending the throne.

Sense works on living beings, would it be able to determine if something had been alive recently in an area, or can it only discern present bodies? Either way I think I'll try and Sense out each area.

___

"Wait here a moment," Aurel says to the officer, lowering the glowrod a bit as he makes his way to the left wall, reaching out with the Force in an effort to determine if there was a presence behind the sealed door. After a moment of contemplation, he moves on to corridor, halting at the edge of the glowrod's illumination and reaching out once more. He repeats the process one more time, at the lead on to the gangways, before returning to Jung, hopefully to share any information gleaned.


__________________
-"My internet is currently so bad I'm time traveling. Don't worry about it."

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Sep 8th, 2012 03:14 AM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Gender: Male
Location: San Diego

Moderator

Sense works on lots of things! The Force flows through all things. A good Force roll might be able to discern specific things or sense farther away. Obviously easier if you are stronger in the Force (or at least, better at utilizing it). A Swordsman is rather poor in this respect, whereas a Master is quite talented.

It takes you a bit of time to walk to each way onward and sense around about it. You do not sense anyone nearby or anything out of the ordinary; none of the entrances look forced, and the leftward hatch has been closed a long time.


__________________

My Twitter My Facebook My Tumblr My Wordpress

Old Post Sep 9th, 2012 04:26 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Gender: Male
Location: Tending the throne.

That's a good point, but it still doesn't hurt to try...unless it does, which can always be possible, but is usually not.

Oh, and I should thank you for reminding me to look over the rules one more time. I actually discovered that I'd forgotten to allocate all of my starting skills! I was short by one point, so I decided to increase Intimidation to 2, since Aurel seems like the type to really press the fact that you don't want to fight him. I almost wish Swordsmen could get Persuade at start, but that will come with time, I'm sure.

____

"Neither of these entrances have been tampered with," Aurel says to the officer, indicating to the blast doors and maintenance hatch before letting his outstretched arm point back to the open corridor as he continues, "which leave only this way that any possible intruders may have traveled. From what I can tell, we do seem to be alone."

With that said, the young Jedi turns and begins walking toward the corridor, remarking as he stepped away from Jung, "Still, best be on guard." He raises the glowrod up once again to illuminate his path as he moves forward.


__________________
-"My internet is currently so bad I'm time traveling. Don't worry about it."

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Sep 9th, 2012 09:26 AM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Gender: Male
Location: San Diego

Moderator

Technically you can, it just depends on how you allocate things. However, your focus will definitely be on powers that can hurt things better.

-

You move into the open corridor. It has a high ceiling, being taller than it is wide. In keeping with the huge nature of this place, it is still wide enough to admit you and Jung easily.

At the end of the hall is another huge black room. This one is larger than the last.


__________________

My Twitter My Facebook My Tumblr My Wordpress

Old Post Sep 9th, 2012 11:39 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
All times are UTC. The time now is 08:38 PM.
Pages (12): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread

Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Family

Email this Page
Subscribe to this Thread
   Post New Thread  Post A Reply

Forum Jump:
Search by user:
 

Forum Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is OFF
vB code is ON
Smilies are ON
[IMG] code is ON

Text-only version
 

< - KillerMovies.com - Forum Archive - Forum Rules >


© Copyright 2000-2006, KillerMovies.com. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by: vBulletin, copyright ©2000-2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.