KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Family

STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Family
Started by: REXXXX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Gender: Male
Location: Tending the throne.

Sounds like I'll need some fancy footwork to get in striking range. How many turns would it take to get close to the droid, assuming my ascent goes smoothly?


__________________
-"My internet is currently so bad I'm time traveling. Don't worry about it."

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Sep 26th, 2012 11:50 AM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Gender: Male
Location: San Diego

Moderator

It would be two turns to get even with the droid; even then, it is hanging from the side of the machinery. You would not be able to engage it properly.


__________________

My Twitter My Facebook My Tumblr My Wordpress

Old Post Sep 27th, 2012 06:41 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Gender: Male
Location: Tending the throne.

Then I'll have to find a way to bring it down. If we try to move to the opposite side off the machinery it can probably clamber over the top.

...Actually, I don't think we need to do that at all. It's put itself out of our way, and while it is a threat, we're not here to try and stop a droid rebellion on our own. This seems as good an opportunit as any to try and escape. Since Balanced Guard is effectively useless against this thing, I think it's time to change tactics by turning off my lightsaber and switching out my Guard for the combat schtick Dodge and Weave. The extra Defence will be worthwhile, I think.

Since the droid will almost certainly try to follow us as well until we (potentially) lose it, I'll keep it's attention on me rather than Jung by taking the glowrod back. I'll be able to risk some shots better than the officer. We'll be resuming our mad dash between the machinery as well, hopefully the combination of running and cover will put some of the droid's shots wide, as will our growing distance from it.

Summary: Swap BGu for D&W, take glowrod from Jung. Tactical Withdrawal. Oh, and retain Coordination as well.

______

Aurel winces as a couple of bolts get closer than comfortable for him, noting the droid's ascent and emplacement. He could reach the machine with some effort, and likely bring it down, but it would take more time, and the long they stayed, the closer the other droids came. The time to fight had passed.

"We need to keep moving, Officer," the Jedi said as the silver beam vanished, "give me the light. I will try and keep the droid's attention on me while we run. This is not a situation the two of us can handle alone."

Once he had the glowrod in hand, Aurl would rush forward, relying on old survival instincts and the Force to keep him clear of the blaster fire from the spider.


__________________
-"My internet is currently so bad I'm time traveling. Don't worry about it."

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Sep 27th, 2012 10:06 PM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Gender: Male
Location: San Diego

Moderator

Picking your battles! Certainly the Jedi way to go about this, and perhaps wise considering the massive horde of robots at your back.

You duck and dodge as bolts rain down from the spidery droid, and more come from the flank... but racing back into the darkness amid the machinery and calling on the Force aids you well, and you do not get shot.

However, you sense you are running out of room ahead. A wall looms before you, the end of the room.


__________________

My Twitter My Facebook My Tumblr My Wordpress

Old Post Sep 27th, 2012 10:11 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Gender: Male
Location: Tending the throne.

I was afraid of that. Still, best to keep the distance, so we're going to move along the wall, in a direction taking us away from the sound of blaster fire.

_____

Aurel juked and swerved, hearing the bolts whoosh by him and the officer. The light of the glowrod kept his eyes keen, and so he saw the wall of the factory as they closed in. Without missing a beat, the young Jedi turned and rushed parallel. If they had made it to an edge, there would have to be an exit somewhere along it.


__________________
-"My internet is currently so bad I'm time traveling. Don't worry about it."

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Sep 28th, 2012 12:38 AM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Gender: Male
Location: San Diego

Moderator

You reach the far wall then, and you are keenly aware of the fact that you have been funneled into a dead-end! The machinery around you rises up, a series of high-powered stamping machines. You cannot get around them by conventional means.


__________________

My Twitter My Facebook My Tumblr My Wordpress

Old Post Sep 30th, 2012 12:52 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Gender: Male
Location: Tending the throne.

Clever droids...well, if conventional means won't help, we'll have to think of something rather unconventional. First, an Observation roll to see if I can spot anything that might aid in our escape? Use Sense too if it'll help.

______

Aurel grows uneasy after a moment as they rush along the wall, seeing the great machines loom all around himself and the officer. He realizes after a moment just why that is, as the duo find themselves herded into a an enclosed area. The Jedi searches around, remaining calm as he searches for another method of escape.


__________________
-"My internet is currently so bad I'm time traveling. Don't worry about it."

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Last edited by XanatosForever on Sep 30th, 2012 at 05:41 PM

Old Post Sep 30th, 2012 05:39 PM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Gender: Male
Location: San Diego

Moderator

You are certain that you have only two options here- up or down. Behind and to your sides are the droids and the machinery that blocks you in, and ahead is a solid wall.


__________________

My Twitter My Facebook My Tumblr My Wordpress

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2012 05:08 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Gender: Male
Location: Tending the throne.

Hmm...is Intuition giving me any kind of sense of which direction is best?


__________________
-"My internet is currently so bad I'm time traveling. Don't worry about it."

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2012 06:31 PM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Gender: Male
Location: San Diego

Moderator

Sadly not! You may wish to think where the routes would lead.


__________________

My Twitter My Facebook My Tumblr My Wordpress

Old Post Oct 4th, 2012 04:24 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Gender: Male
Location: Tending the throne.

Well my concern is this: If we go up, I'm confident we could reach a walkway, or somewhere near enough to the ceiling that I could cut through it. Since we're at the top, it should be a semi-clear avenue of escape. However, I could get up, but I don't know if I could do it with Jung, either carrying him or helping him along.

If we go down, well, I'm really not sure at all where that could lead except potentially to more droids. So I'm rather hesitant to take that particular risk.


__________________
-"My internet is currently so bad I'm time traveling. Don't worry about it."

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Oct 4th, 2012 04:52 PM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Gender: Male
Location: San Diego

Moderator

It will be slow going for Jung as he lacks your supernatural Jedi ability to spring about like a mountain goat. And carrying him means no defenses for either of you.


__________________

My Twitter My Facebook My Tumblr My Wordpress

Old Post Oct 4th, 2012 04:59 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Gender: Male
Location: Tending the throne.

Could I use Dash to get up more quickly with Jung, or would that just run greater risk? Either way, I'm really much more comfortable with going up than down, so what I'll do is start by carrying Jung up the ways. When the droids start blasting again I'll set him down so we can defend ourselves, assuming we don't get up fast enough.

_________

With a nod to himself, Aurel turns to the Jung and says, "We're going up. I'm going to carry you for a moment; we will move faster that way, officer. Alert me if you can see the droids closing in." With that, Aurel tosses the glowrod back the way they came, taking just enough time to pry a second from his kit and hand it to the officer before hefting the man up and preparing to leap. The first glowrod's position would hopefully give Jung a better chance to spot the droids than the brief flare of blaster bolts signaling their arrival.


__________________
-"My internet is currently so bad I'm time traveling. Don't worry about it."

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Oct 4th, 2012 06:54 PM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Gender: Male
Location: San Diego

Moderator

In order to gain height faster, you would have to do a Dash and a Master Jump. You can decide whether or not that is worth it.

Also bear in mind that you become a much clearer target when you climb; all Defense goes offline, and the droids will see where you are going.

And there is the Spider Droid to consider...

Jung is also adverse to being carried.


__________________

My Twitter My Facebook My Tumblr My Wordpress

Old Post Oct 5th, 2012 02:30 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Gender: Male
Location: Tending the throne.

Well that's a moot point in and of itself, as I haven't mastered Leaping yet. So basically we're sitting ducks if we try to climb...I don't like it. Still, it doesn't seem like there's a better option, I suppose we'll make our way down instead.

_______

Aurel frowns, looking upwards again briefly, before sighing quietly. "It would be difficult, even without the incoming danger. Very well, we shall have hope that taking another path will keep us safe." He pulls the discarded glowrod to his free hand and gives it to the officer. At least now if the two might find themselves separated they would each have a decent light. "Let's get going," he says, searching for a hatch or stairwell, or anything really.


__________________
-"My internet is currently so bad I'm time traveling. Don't worry about it."

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Oct 5th, 2012 08:27 PM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Gender: Male
Location: San Diego

Moderator

There does not appear to be a hatch or ladder or anything leading down nearby. You may have to make a more dramatic exit from this level.

Jung is starting to shoot into the crowd of droids as they close in. Not all of them have blasters, it seems.


__________________

My Twitter My Facebook My Tumblr My Wordpress

Old Post Oct 8th, 2012 05:14 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Gender: Male
Location: Tending the throne.

More dramatic? What could I possibly do except carve a hole in the floor with my li...oh. no expression

____________

Aurel feels a brief flare of aggravation as he realizes there are no obvious exits below, and Jung's blaster fire punctuates the feeling. With a grunt, he activates his lightsaber and plunges it into the ground. He mutters under his breath as he drags the silver beam in a circle, "Doing this the hard way, then." The blade completese the shape, causing a chunk of flooring to disappear into the darkness below. Aurel holds out the glowrod above the hole and lets it drop, before whirling around with his lightsaber up and ready to guard should some of the blaster droids make their way into firing range.

"Down we go, officer, take caution" he says, indicating to the hole, "I'll be right behind you."


__________________
-"My internet is currently so bad I'm time traveling. Don't worry about it."

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Oct 8th, 2012 06:26 PM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Gender: Male
Location: San Diego

Moderator

Consider the hole cut! Bolts fly down from above as the Spider Droid trundles into view, screeching its awful mechanical screeches and firing its collection of guns your way. But you grab Jung and drop down into the darkness before any harm can come to you...

It turns out that the way down is a LONG way down. Your Jedi reflexes spare you from a tragic set of broken legs, and you spring off of something halfway down and land neatly on the ground.

Jung probably would have splattered, so you can have caught him in mid-air or grabbed him on your way down.

You are now shrouded in darkness, without any creeping droids around you... you aren't sure where you are.


__________________

My Twitter My Facebook My Tumblr My Wordpress

Old Post Oct 8th, 2012 09:08 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Gender: Male
Location: Tending the throne.

If I had kept Aurel to his original setup, he would've been able to catch the officer with the Force easily. He probably wouldn't have been able to make the jump unharmed, though. stick out tongue

___________

Aurel opens his senses as he and the officer plummet through the darkness, waiting for an opportunity to slow their descent. It comes from an object, unseens due to the dark but nevertheless ideal, which the Jedi is able to push off of, catching Jung in the process and cutting their speed before the final stop.

"Well, that was riveting," Aurel murmurs as he straightens up and letting Jung regain his footing. He looks around for his glowrod, curious to see where they had arrived.


__________________
-"My internet is currently so bad I'm time traveling. Don't worry about it."

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Oct 9th, 2012 06:56 AM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Gender: Male
Location: San Diego

Moderator

You'll find that Lifting is not a reflexive power; it takes time and concentration to use. You would have had to have gone down first and slowly lowered Jung down to you.

The glowrod clattered somewhere into the darkness, illuminating what appears to be more machinery. You can already sense the vastness of this room too.

"I wonder what they built here," Jung says.


__________________

My Twitter My Facebook My Tumblr My Wordpress

Old Post Oct 15th, 2012 11:21 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
All times are UTC. The time now is 12:29 PM.
Pages (12): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread

Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Family

Email this Page
Subscribe to this Thread
   Post New Thread  Post A Reply

Forum Jump:
Search by user:
 

Forum Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is OFF
vB code is ON
Smilies are ON
[IMG] code is ON

Text-only version
 

< - KillerMovies.com - Forum Archive - Forum Rules >


© Copyright 2000-2006, KillerMovies.com. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by: vBulletin, copyright ©2000-2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.