KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Unhosted Role Plays » Hazmat: The Delta Contagion, Sign-Up and Discussion

Hazmat: The Delta Contagion, Sign-Up and Discussion
Started by: Jedireaper

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Big O
The Original O

I was supposed to join this a LONG time ago. I will try to do this as soon as possible. Sorry, Jedi.

In the mean time, I never DID see that anime where I unintentionally got my name from. Is it any good

Old Post Oct 9th, 2012 04:31 PM
The Big O is currently offline Click here to Send The Big O a Private Message Find more posts by The Big O Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix3068
RP Legend

1.Lieutenant Loran Mirez
2.Private First Class Christine Waller
3.Corporal Ethan Hayes
4.Seargent David Fenta
5.Corporal Carlos Sanchez
6.Private First Class Sarah McKnight
7.Malconin ‘Orion’ Vagar
8.Staff Sergeant Alea Nerissa

This fits perfectly. I should make a note right now that in the beginning of the RP, Jedi said that there were 7 other people in the truck aside from him. That means that the number participating in the RP right now is perfect. That however is on the idea that Jedi is only running one character on the team. I might have gotten confused about that because of the different names and titles he's using (like saying Lieutenant and Loran at different counter points) but I think the big part is him using the name "Rek". If so, we'd have 9 people there for 8 others on the truck. Then again, I think you mentioned one person joined late (not me, although I was the last to post, I was one of the first to join).

Either way, it's fine. I just quickly took notice of the idea that we'd end up having too many people on the team to seem accurate to count. I'm still waiting on Xanatos to post for this but I was going through the characters while waiting.

Here's the pecking order.
Lieutenant Loran Mirez
Sergeant David Fenta
Corporal Ethan Hayes
Corporal Carlos Sanchez
Private 1st Class Chris Waller
Private 1st Class Sarah McKnight
Staff Sergeant Alea Nerissa
Malconin Vagar

Some of these deal in rank but mostly it's a means of trust and common sense. I can't really tell between Ethan and Carlos since no defining information was given on either of them. As for Chris, it's a matter of him being a medic which puts him in a position to take authority over others of the same rank. Alea isn't fit for leading a team and barely makes it into even being part of a team so despite her outranking David, she is at the bottom of the list. Vagar is fit to be at the top of the list in most everything but the fact that he is a Mercenary excuses that. For Black Ops, even a private can take command over the mercenary. This isn't me telling you "This is what it's gonna be" but rather me letting you guys know how the ranking order is classed.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2012 05:39 PM
Phoenix3068 is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix3068 a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix3068 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

Sorry Phoe' I was saying not to over-do-it as in you are ill and I knew that so I understood smile and thank-you for posting that. And indeed there are seven other team members apart from Rek. If the guy playing Malconin had waited till I had looked over he would have been there ahead of everybody and thus not with us in the truck but oh well XD it happens.

In terms of who I am playing right now.

Delta:
Loran "Rek" (James) Mirez, Lieutenant.
('Rek' was a nickname that stuck from training where he was caught totally wasted while on duty in a total state with explosives, also his plans have a wreckless flare to them, and he can use explosives for mundane tasks in a wreckless fashion (most accepted) so take your pick.) I will refer to him by the following especially early on 'loran' 'the lieutenant' 'lieutenant mirez' 'the ranger' and lastly 'Rek', however as the game progresses, it will be mostly Rek as you guys begin calling him that. But he hasn't volenteered that information to anyone yet.

Unspecified NPCs.

General 'Nowan'

In terms of Malconin, going to work his company into the plot (which is why I wanted him to already be there and he is with our equipment), and I am going to try and work Sarah's father in too somewhere.

Big O: okay mate, well Delta team is almost stuffed buut I have that 'people will drop out' feeling, so post your character. Military if possible.

Malconin is an outsider than has been dragged in for what-ever reason (maybe his company want rid of him).

I hope everyone is up for playing NPCs. No enemies appear till I've posted their first appearance so feel free to get jumpy but there is mostly suspense at first.

There is a team echo, and they will come in later at which point we will have further openings for additional main characters. If you want to have a member of Echo and basically play two stories then ok but I won't be concentrating on Echo's story as much.

And feel free to drag the plot in your own directions smile if you guys have a great idea let me know I'll see what we can do. And while this game has a heavily hosted feel to the plot, anyone can control it, it follows standard Unhosted rules. Think hollywood action heroes with tonnes of ammo, but try to be realistic.

Remember: we will get hurt, and maybe even die (or be turned). So be prepared to lose characters if appropriate. But have fun most of all.

A long time have I waited for this, my little green friend!

Last edited by Jedireaper on Oct 9th, 2012 at 06:20 PM

Old Post Oct 9th, 2012 06:06 PM
Jedireaper is currently offline Click here to Send Jedireaper a Private Message Find more posts by Jedireaper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix3068
RP Legend

I feel that at some point, Alea needs to kill someone. Not an enemy but one of the regular guys. Either one of the players characters or an NPC (most likely since I don't want to ruin anyone's experience).

I can imagine it like... Alea doesn't get her injection for some reason, her sanity started to slip. Mid fight, Carlos is hit and ends up falling back, they pull him into cover and prepare to treat him but have to first work on pushing the enemy back. In that moment, Alea would start hearing voices and end up slipping into her insanity long enough to pull out her knife and slowly execute Carlos (only finishing the sinking of the blade into his chest at the moment that the others turn around so they can see it). This is sort of vague but... I want to work in her insanity in definition into the story at some point. I can't imagine she'll be the last man standing.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2012 06:20 PM
Phoenix3068 is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix3068 a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix3068 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

Too bad, she'll be leading team two unless the upcoming files they are all about to get will contain information on that. Well I say she'll be leading team two, but Rek may say something different. big grin so plenty of opportunity. And yes we will likely be splitting the team.

And you'll pick up a few NPCs like Sargent Frank Mistara, and his Private buddy Samuals 'Sam' Carter, and I'm sure others, but those guys are in Echo or another team depending on what happens.

I should mention the time of year.

In-game, it is one week from christmas so you can expect it to get cold. (well maybe not christmas, but y'know, near winter).

The suits are not indestructable by the way, they are good, but will need repairing after the wear and tear we go through. To get an idea, read the original game. Will post a link later is neccessary.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2012 06:36 PM
Jedireaper is currently offline Click here to Send Jedireaper a Private Message Find more posts by Jedireaper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix3068
RP Legend

Eh, she really can't do that. She's the lowest in the pecking order right after Orion. She might be a high rank, but her sanity level marks her as unable to front a team. She can be a second in command, but can't lead it. She's too dependent because of her medical issues. The one who would lead the second team would have to be David.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2012 06:40 PM
Phoenix3068
RP Legend

I really want to recommend we talk about the next action. I was talking with Xanatos about this stuff, I didn't expect someone else to try and step in and get involved, lol. I am however not really able to wane from her actions for the sake of someone else so if someone gets her too heated without her getting the shot, she will end killing someone. I was just telling Xanatos about the repercussions of hitting her in the back to knock her out and how "If it failed" she might get too scared and attack Loran since he's in front of her. Right now, it can still calm down. I'm worried that someone is going to make a post that is going to freak her out.. like shooting her in the leg to neutralize her O.o

Old Post Oct 9th, 2012 07:21 PM
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

Check your PMs.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2012 07:34 PM
Phoenix3068
RP Legend

Er... I just got the pm. One sec.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2012 07:37 PM
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Phoenix3068
I'm worried that someone is going to make a post that is going to freak her out.. like shooting her in the leg to neutralize her O.o
Mal has a tranc gun, maybe he'll knock you out for a few hours if you get out of hand, but I'm not hoping.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2012 07:39 PM
Phoenix3068
RP Legend

If it wasn't for a few hours that would be perfect to use right now. While she's out, she said enough that the ones who heard would understand she needs the injection so they could make sure she gets it and it would bring her leveled. The fact is though that knocking her unconscious in anyway can have two adverse affects...

1.) They don't have the time to lug her around for those few hours.
2.) Even with the injection, she's still not completely stable, waking up after an event like that can make very... very bad things happen.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2012 07:44 PM
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Phoenix3068
I feel that at some point, Alea needs to kill someone. Not an enemy but one of the regular guys.
She can 'try' and kill Rek if she wants.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2012 11:46 PM
Phoenix3068
RP Legend

I'd rather kill someone like Carlos, since he's the second character of a player.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2012 09:50 AM
Unbias3d
Paradox

We shall see...

Old Post Oct 11th, 2012 02:22 AM
Unbias3d is currently offline Click here to Send Unbias3d a Private Message Find more posts by Unbias3d Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix3068
RP Legend

Well I could always kill off the other one.. *she smiles playfully*

Old Post Oct 11th, 2012 03:05 AM
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

the death of a character is really down to the person playing. And we have more players than I am used to right now, and because I hadn't expected this kind of turnout I would have spread some of these characters into Echo... We'll see smile

Old Post Oct 11th, 2012 03:30 AM
Phoenix3068
RP Legend

Please don't think I'm that kind of person Jedi, I like to think I'm a well respected roleplayer the majority of the time. If I had plans for Alea to kill off a character, I would have her push them into a trap some how (where out of 3 people, at least 1 has to die) and then I would confirm with them in pm on the situation. The only reason I used Unbiased's characters as a reference was because it would be easiest to execute one of his, since he has more then anyone else.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2012 08:50 AM
Decomposition
This Day We Fight!

Well, what if you think you kill Malconin, but in fact he has set the whole thing up to seperate himself from the group...as he might not be exactly what he seems??? that way, Alea thinks she has her kill, and Malconin can advance his own plans...

Not really sure what kinda situation we can set up for it though?...just an idea

Old Post Oct 11th, 2012 11:25 AM
Decomposition is currently offline Click here to Send Decomposition a Private Message Find more posts by Decomposition Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

Okay, everyone who has ideas on the plot for their specific characters please PM me, we can discuss it.

Decomposition- I would like to talk to you about Malc's company.

starryknight- I need to discuss Sarah's father. And his involvement in this 'mess'.

Everyone else, things are cool. smile

Last edited by Jedireaper on Oct 11th, 2012 at 06:38 PM

Old Post Oct 11th, 2012 06:32 PM
Phoenix3068
RP Legend

Why do I have this Terrible feeling that it will be like in Destiny Orb where my Evil Character who was a Master of Illusions was unable to brainwash anyone after 5 attempts?

I only say that because while I understand that everyone has their skills, the idea that someone who specializes in stealth striking being unable to successfully take down even a single target is just complete bollocks.

On another note, Jedi you should create a sort of "Map" system for us so we understand exactly where each area goes as players so that when we have to direct our characters we're not stuck at a dead end that's not supposed to be there.

EDIT: Hey Jedi, I don't mean for this to sound disrespectful as I know that you're the one who made this RP. But if I may request, can you not post stuff like that in the roleplay and instead keep it limited to the OOC. This place is after all for discussion. It really bothers me when people do that stuff in the RP. Again, I don't mean to sound disrespectful. I understand if you want to tell me to piss off too.

Last edited by Phoenix3068 on Oct 12th, 2012 at 04:14 AM

Old Post Oct 12th, 2012 04:06 AM