KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Unhosted Role Plays » Hazmat: The Delta Contagion, Sign-Up and Discussion

Hazmat: The Delta Contagion, Sign-Up and Discussion
Started by: Jedireaper

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Phoenix3068
Why do I have this Terrible feeling that it will be like in Destiny Orb where my Evil Character who was a Master of Illusions was unable to brainwash anyone after 5 attempts?

I only say that because while I understand that everyone has their skills, the idea that someone who specializes in stealth striking being unable to successfully take down even a single target is just complete bollocks.

On another note, Jedi you should create a sort of "Map" system for us so we understand exactly where each area goes as players so that when we have to direct our characters we're not stuck at a dead end that's not supposed to be there.

EDIT: Hey Jedi, I don't mean for this to sound disrespectful as I know that you're the one who made this RP. But if I may request, can you not post stuff like that in the roleplay and instead keep it limited to the OOC. This place is after all for discussion. It really bothers me when people do that stuff in the RP. Again, I don't mean to sound disrespectful. I understand if you want to tell me to piss off too.
I do not expect to have long discussions in the game thread, however that was information for those who have been actively reading the game but not the discussion. If you can see passed it as maybe audio commentary on a DVD then we should be fine. Occasionally I find that not all players read the discussion thread, thus I wanted to make sure people got the information either way.

But I do understand where you are coming from.

On the subject of maps for each area... I am working on it, but my PS2 Emulator is struggling to render the TimeSplitters Future Perfect beyond the opening logos. I'd rather not have to draw the maps, I may be starting work soon, I don't always have masses of free time.

I'm working on it though. If someone wants to go and build this facility using the cryengine or something yay!!

A long time have I waited for this, my little green friend!

Last edited by Jedireaper on Oct 12th, 2012 at 05:57 PM

Old Post Oct 12th, 2012 05:55 PM
Jedireaper is currently offline Click here to Send Jedireaper a Private Message Find more posts by Jedireaper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix3068
RP Legend

For me it could be as simple as typing direction into it. Like...

1. Fork in the Road, Left and Right.
2. If gone left, Enter Engine Room. Continue to line 3. If gone right, Enter Staircase. Skip to line 8.

Just something that gives us a hint of what we're doing.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Jedireaper
Occasionally I find that not all players read the discussion thread, thus I wanted to make sure people got the information either way.

Also, wouldn't Private Messages work for that? I get private messaged by you about stuff like that. Wouldn't it make more sense to do it that way?

Old Post Oct 12th, 2012 08:34 PM
Phoenix3068 is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix3068 a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix3068 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

The area up-ahead is basically a large underground cargo transfer facility with stacked crates and ceiling rails that can move the crates about. The cargo room itself is not huge, but large enough for eight people to find it lonely, and there are various rooms and corridors branching off, but the main feature is along the right hand side where the wall would be is a flat-bed cart almost square, and large enough to carry two of those crates at a time along a train-style rail system, and carry them up into the tunnel (Probably to deliver received and checked cargo to the labs or other areas, it is surprisingly large and could potentially indicate that this is no small operation. There is an armoury room but it is locked and sealed by a small blast-proof door with keypad and ID or code-card required... That help?

Old Post Oct 13th, 2012 12:38 AM
Jedireaper is currently offline Click here to Send Jedireaper a Private Message Find more posts by Jedireaper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix3068
RP Legend

Yes, it does. Thank you. Alea will probably jump onto the crates to check behind and around them and will probably be pestered to check the inside to be cautious. Where will we be getting our gear at?

Also...

quote:
but large enough for eight people to find it lonely

Well, then it's a good thing there are nine of us! big grin

Old Post Oct 13th, 2012 12:48 AM
Phoenix3068 is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix3068 a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix3068 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

I'll leave that up to you. I wouldn't say you are expected to search all the crates, we have no reason to think there are any actual hostiles, Rek was just being cautious.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2012 01:05 AM
Phoenix3068
RP Legend

All I heard was "Yes Alea, search all the boxes and I'll pet your head."

Old Post Oct 13th, 2012 03:42 AM
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

Don't tempt me...

Old Post Oct 13th, 2012 05:07 AM
Phoenix3068
RP Legend

I just constantly want to argue the questionable notion over the intelligent team leader giving the crazy lady a loaded gun for the safety of his team.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2012 07:48 AM
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

Better the crazy lady with the gun up ahead, that the one with the dagger behind us.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2012 02:19 PM
Phoenix3068
RP Legend

Neither one is necessarily good. I'd say both are pretty bad. Anyways, I'm waiting on someone to go on with direction. Jedi, you're supposed to be leading us. Post Jedi, post.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2012 12:28 AM
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

Going to give players some more time, maybe those that haven't posted in the tunnel may post soon-ish. If not I will move things along.

Nearly there people smile

Old Post Oct 15th, 2012 01:49 AM
Phoenix3068
RP Legend

Okay, I'll just do random things until then on other sites.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2012 05:47 AM
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

This is why I hate it when players join up and then disappear. Now I know how some people probably feel about me.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2012 08:40 PM
Phoenix3068
RP Legend

Come on Jedi. I'm just waiting, I haven't disappeared and I know at least one other person who if they try to disappear I can call them and scold them for hours.

Alea can't do anything until we enter the new area unless someone gives her a reason, so I can't really post. I'm just on hold over here.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2012 01:02 AM
Unbias3d
Paradox

I wonder why people sign up if they aren't even going to participate...

Old Post Oct 16th, 2012 03:07 AM
Unbias3d is currently offline Click here to Send Unbias3d a Private Message Find more posts by Unbias3d Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

You said it brother, if they are busy sure, but I saw starry log-in the other day she could have PMed me to let me know she wouldn't be able to participate.

Rek can't move until the good Medic says something in response to him sad I don't want to do too much Meta-GM-ing.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2012 05:12 AM
Phoenix3068
RP Legend

Oh don't worry. As it so happens, the medic (Xanatos' character; Chris) just happens to be the guy that I can call up and scold until he gets up and replies. I'm not saying he's on a leash, but at least I have a way to contact him outside of Xat.

Let's try to move into a position where we don't have to depend on each other to post for a little bit. When we get to our gear, we should be able to have free rein on ourselves for a little while.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2012 06:55 PM
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

Well get his arse in gear and get him on the blower to sprout some Medical nonsense... Otherwise I will move it all on tonight.

If you are really feeling that bored, we have revived the Star Wars RP feel free to pop over and just post.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2012 11:13 PM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Sorry about the delay, folks. Got busy working and had a bit of a block. We should be able to move things along shortly.

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Oct 17th, 2012 08:12 PM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

Thanks for posting and good post. smile

Old Post Oct 17th, 2012 08:46 PM