KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Unhosted Role Plays » Hazmat: The Delta Contagion, Sign-Up and Discussion

Hazmat: The Delta Contagion, Sign-Up and Discussion
Started by: Jedireaper

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Phoenix3068
RP Legend

I hope I didn't mess up anything. It wasn't through the room, it was through the area that the crates were shadowing them. Also, it's a good thing that Carlos kept his distance other wise he would have been in her line of fire. She would have shot through him. Good call on that unbias3d.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2012 07:54 PM
Phoenix3068 is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix3068 a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix3068 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

Okay I've posted, your post was fine, she hasn't finished all her orders but meh...

At this point feel free to jazz things up, no zombies, but files, order forms, strange crates or contents etc. you don't need me to tell you the story, because remember you make your own story. I can happily make my characters story, but that won't be your story. So to all of you, help make this story your own.

There are a lot of things I could have my character discover, or spot that would make him suspicious, but I don't want to steal lime-light away from everyone else so they have their chance.

A long time have I waited for this, my little green friend!

Old Post Oct 18th, 2012 09:15 PM
Jedireaper is currently offline Click here to Send Jedireaper a Private Message Find more posts by Jedireaper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix3068
RP Legend

She'll continue to keep point until Loran tells her other wise, so don't worry. I was just saying that how far she lead them through with that last post.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2012 05:22 PM
Phoenix3068 is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix3068 a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix3068 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

You might need a second character, so you don't get bored. If Starry isn't coming back, you could take over her character. Or, play an NPC but that is still many posts off.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2012 09:50 PM
Jedireaper is currently offline Click here to Send Jedireaper a Private Message Find more posts by Jedireaper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix3068
RP Legend

It's fine. I can keep a roleplaying going so long as the person I'm interacting with either

1.) Doesn't leave and not come back.
2.) If they do leave, doesn't care if I kill them off.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2012 08:04 PM
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

In that instance, if I am still around- the death of a character will probably be decided, or at least approved by me. If anything I am happy to have 'off-screen' deaths to hint that someone died, only to have them turn up later on if the player returns. MIA presumed KIA kinda thing, but we'll see... Early days, early days.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2012 03:33 AM
Phoenix3068
RP Legend

Usually in RP, the qualifications for someone to be killed by someone else is...

1.) The other player must accept that their character was killed.
1a.) Because of stubborn players, this can be done by making sure there isn't a reasonable doubt that they could escape.
1a-Example.) If the character cannot move, has no way of escaping, and takes a fatal injury to a vital spot (a bullet through the brain, not just to the head) the player must accept that their character dies.

on KMC, these things tend to be present too.

2.) Both players (and apparently all other players) must have an agreement on what will happen. If the player who's character would die does not desire it, there is absolutely not chance for them to die.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2012 08:56 AM
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

We'll see...

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2012 05:34 PM
Phoenix3068
RP Legend

I'm going to do a pointless empty post. Nobody mind it. This is just for some back story into Alea's past.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2012 06:50 AM
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

I just read, yeah that's cool. Besides your use of words needing a little work, and layout, and deciding between present and past tense style (which this game is in Past Tense) then yeah, great post! Just being pokey lol

Old Post Oct 25th, 2012 10:31 PM
Phoenix3068
RP Legend

But if that's the case of it all, then we can't really post our own perspectives. We should be posting from the tellers perspective, shouldn't we?

Old Post Oct 26th, 2012 01:37 AM
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Phoenix3068
But if that's the case of it all, then we can't really post our own perspectives. We should be posting from the tellers perspective, shouldn't we?
My post wasn't serious, lighten up.

But with a serious answer: Post however you want so long as your actions are understandable, first-person (though it wouldn't entirely fit), third, past tense or present tense forms of writing, it is your own prerogative. Neither past nor present forms of writing limit your ability to achieve certain effects within your writings such as brining in personal memories of events or altering the perspective of the teller (which in your post is your own point of view, and you are the teller).

"Alea..." The voice, soft, came from the man laying beside her, "adjust 0.5." The sand was cold beneath her as she shifted slightly to adjust her rifles scope to the new wind setting under the inky black sky. She stared down the barrel of her sniper into the darkness, at a lone and desolate road weaving it's way through this middle-eastern desert.

"Command this is snake-eyes three, we have eyes on road. Update on target vehicle." The man spoke almost whispered into his radio, and the paused to listen to a message she couldn't hear. "One minute out, copy." He turned and gave Alea an almost excited smile, and Alea could already hear the sounds of a vehicle approaching distantly.

She was prepared, her eyes flicking across the horizion as her spotter looked down his binoculars towards the same, his presence filled with confidence. There were no words needed between them, and she knew this as she readjusted her feet on the desert floor. Bang!, she thought, thats how it will go. Just like every other op. One shot from the darkness to end a man's heart. Bang...

Now I know that wasn't what you wrote, but that wasn't my intention. Based on what I remembered reading I just gave you an example.

The example is pointless, it was just fun to write.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2012 03:53 AM
Phoenix3068
RP Legend

Oh no, I understand. I'll eventually hone in on the whole story with a post. It's like in a game or movie. That was like, the quick flash back shaking in her mind. Eventually, more toward the end (this will require her to be off her medicine), she'll remember clearly every detail that happened and it will feel "right". Also, why is everyone so inactive? Ugh.. I'm going to go slap some people.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2012 08:35 PM
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

If it helps this game is the only one I'm in thats shallowing. Can you post that team listing to me, it was sound, but I cannot find it anywhere. After this point in the game, people who have not posted their presence will be the first gone to open up new slots for new (or old) players.

Last edited by Jedireaper on Oct 26th, 2012 at 10:28 PM

Old Post Oct 26th, 2012 10:19 PM
Phoenix3068
RP Legend

Team A
Leader, Loran
Chris
Sarah
Alea

Team B
Leader, David
Carlos
Orion
Ethan

That team listing?

Also, do we get weapons with our suits? I forgot to ask that stupidly. Do we only get our suits right now?

Last edited by Phoenix3068 on Oct 27th, 2012 at 08:47 AM

Old Post Oct 27th, 2012 08:45 AM
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

To be honest I'm not sure. I only really wanted us to have pistols going in and have to break into an armory or something to get proper weapons, we are armed but we also all have Hazmat skills generally which is why we are here, and we have no reason to believe this is a combat zone.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2012 07:56 PM
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

Also nice work to Xanatos, and Unbias3d on their excellent posts describing the suits functionality without needing me to lead them in. You have just made my job easier, while giving an impression of how the suits function. Granted, Unbised has had a lot of experience with these suits (as a player, and mostly damaged ones) from having been in the three previous games, but the suit was described quickly enough.

I will note that while the suits have their own oxygen mix tanks, they generally will draw and filter air from the environment, because that tank isn't large enough to last too long, but has a recycle system that will take carbon dioxide apply a few chemicals and freshen it up to breathe again, so probably MAXIMUM is about 3 hours if you didn't move at all. Between 1-2 of general used but the supply is refreshed at any clean air source and filtered either way.

Onboard is an advanced systems computer interface that is programmed to react to eye movement, electrical brain signals (not directly, just tracks where your brain is communicating so that if you look at a part of the HUD it waits for the correct brain response to bring it up, so it doesn't stupidly block your view during vital situations), and a simple hand interface, which you can use by waving your hand infront of you (easiest way to use it), kinda combinations of smart AI, interface.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2012 09:02 PM
Phoenix3068
RP Legend

Can I trick out Alea's a bit to make it more combat oriented? Such as linking up to her weapons to show the gun data and bullets left based on the weight of the gun held since the suit would be in contact with it. As well as maybe highlighting specific targets based on mental designation, like making a note of that thing. I wanted to make hers adaptable for combat and for tech so that she could better analyze the data she might receive while investigating anything (like a foreign machine of some sort).

Old Post Oct 28th, 2012 02:36 AM
Unbias3d
Paradox

Normally I would say that something such as an ammo estimator would be present in all of the suits, but that sounds like something that would be very inaccurate due to variances in gun weight based on attachments, magazine type, etc.

As for the tech stuff, I'm pretty sure he said somewhere earlier that all of the suits have specific attachments based on each team member's role and specialties.

That's just my opinion. You'll have to wait on JR for the final verdict.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2012 04:24 AM
Unbias3d is currently offline Click here to Send Unbias3d a Private Message Find more posts by Unbias3d Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix3068
RP Legend

Well it has a sort of smart AI capability. This is how I see it.

Say... At first, when the suit contacts an M9, it feels it. The suit might have a short radar frequency that can measure the length and put out a rough sketch of the shape of the gun. It memorizes the details and then it can tell you from then on what that gun is. When the gun fires a magazine until empty, it can determine the amount of shots inside of the gun. All of this stuff would have been done when putting the suit together. Aside from that, it could have been programmed in and bases it like how I said before.

This is just a quick go at it, I'm very tired right now and can barely put together a coherent sentence in real life.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2012 05:37 AM