KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Foreign Cinema » The Blue Oyster Bar

The Blue Oyster Bar
Started by: Impediment

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (238): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

The Ghost of Ledgers past shall attack Imp

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Aug 31st, 2012 11:34 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I feel I can let loose now..

bring it on stick out tongue

Thanks Steve... The Darkside of the force...

Old Post Sep 1st, 2012 01:31 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Relentless

I just updated the rules of the AVF. They should come in handy for any potential clusterf*cks.

Let me know if you have any good ideas for rules that will help the flow in here.

"We are not children of celestial f*ckin' light, walkin' arm-in-arm into the Age of Aquarius. We are wankers who
wreck the planet an' piss on each other, 'til half the world's starvin' an' the other half's busy findin'
new ways to keep from noticin' it. That's the f*ckin' limit've our potential, believe me."

Old Post Sep 1st, 2012 04:38 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

"Oh what a lovely tea party huh"?

Great movie.

"In prison he'll be the pie" was funnier though. stick out tongue

Old Post Sep 1st, 2012 06:26 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
Forever Unworthy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
(please log in to view the image)

"Gods are vain and vengeful creatures. The mortals who worshiped us for centuries...would be better off without us."
Thanks Galan

Old Post Sep 1st, 2012 06:31 PM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

BatsKilmer that cheeky bastard!

He has no shame.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2012 08:33 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Impediment
Because the MVF, while slow, is still active.

The Foreign Cinema forum is as dead as Heath Ledger.

Originally posted by Robtard

Oh shit. That's just...so wrong.

So am I going to hell for laughing? sad

Old Post Sep 1st, 2012 09:45 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Relentless

"We are not children of celestial f*ckin' light, walkin' arm-in-arm into the Age of Aquarius. We are wankers who
wreck the planet an' piss on each other, 'til half the world's starvin' an' the other half's busy findin'
new ways to keep from noticin' it. That's the f*ckin' limit've our potential, believe me."

Old Post Sep 1st, 2012 10:23 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Hm.

I still think it should have been called "Off Topic GET!" But I might be biased, being from the VG section.

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2012 10:39 PM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys

I saw that edit. wink

Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Neph winning over the Comic versus guys with his chubby girl swagger and Batman jokes.

The nature of Nephthys was.... irrepressible!

I'm so cool.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2012 10:43 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

You guys are lame.

LAME.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2012 10:45 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Originally posted by Nephthys
I saw that edit. wink

The nature of Nephthys was.... irrepressible!

I'm so cool.
I'm tired and meant to post that in the other thread, damnit.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2012 11:02 PM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Relentless

I'm revising the rules and need some input.

I need opinions about Battle Field Removal.

Can any of the CBVF people educate me about BFR and why it is ruled against?

What about Harry Potter wizards who "apparate" and leave the battle field?

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2012 01:48 AM
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

I'm revising the rules and need some input.

I need opinions about Battle Field Removal.

Can any of the CBVF people educate me about BFR and why it is ruled against?

What about Harry Potter wizards who "apparate" and leave the battle field?

BFR is when someone is forcibly removed from the battlefield and can't get back in a reasonable amount of time. An Example would be superman throwing someone into space, A wizard trapping someone in another realm, Blink teleporting someone to the ocean. If said character can make it back under their own power then the BFR doesn't equal a win.

People say No BFR when they have a character fighting someone who can easily BFR them and don't want that for an answer. Some consider it a cheap win, some others view it as valid since it happens alot. I say leave it up to the Thread starter.

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2012 01:54 AM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys

Edit: Beaten like a dead pony.

Sometimes a character can't beat their opponent straight-up in a fight but can remove them from the fight, effectively winning. Like if Superman couldn't put down the Hulk he could win the fight by just throwing him into space.

But it doesn't count if the character can return to the fight within a reasonable amount of time under their own power. If Supes tried that with a wizard they could just apparate back, so they wouldn't actually lose. And if a wizard apparates out they can easily apparate back. So the BFR rule wouldn't apply in either case.

That is my understanding of it anyway.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2012 01:59 AM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Relentless

Sweet.

What about the age old Rogue Jedi tactic of Harry Potter wizards apparating off of the battle field to avoid inevitable defeat?

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2012 02:01 AM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Originally posted by Nephthys
Edit: Beaten like a dead pony.

Someone got beat

ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Sweet.

What about the age old Rogue Jedi tactic of Harry Potter wizards apparating off of the battle field to avoid inevitable defeat?
That's a forfeit/self BFR.

Nephthys

I think it would also count if we go by the old Rogue Jedi argument of apparate away, get a ****ton of prep done, brew luck potions etc and then apparate back.

Thats not reasonable. If they do that then its a completely different thread imo.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2012 02:03 AM
Impediment
Relentless

Felix Felicius is bullshit and won't be allowed.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2012 02:04 AM