KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Uncanny Avengers

Uncanny Avengers
Started by: StiltmanFTW

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Deadline

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lek Kuen
But if you haven't liked the characters under other writers why randomly give it a try under a new one unless what he says interests you?

B-because he's a good writer? It's not random, like I said before I know that Remender is a good writer which is why I don't care about the line-up. Thats the whole premise of my argument its the writer that makes the story not the line-up.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2012 01:35 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Originally posted by Deadline
B-because he's a good writer? It's not random, like I said before I know that Remender is a good writer which is why I don't care about the line-up. Thats the whole premise of my argument its the writer that makes the story not the line-up.

But it does have something to do with it, if there's a story premise or characters that people aren't interested in they aren't likely to pick it just because a different writer is doing it. You can say he's good but doesn't mean everyone loves him, or cares about him more then other ones. Characters are a big part of story, while yes a writer can make a character more interesting, the fact is that story and characters are going to be what makes most people decide to look at the comic or not unless they follow a specific writer. Myself I'm not going to read this because f other issues, but I don't see the problem some are having with people not liking the Line up. It is there first impression of it, and if story and line up don't interest them, why not leave it at that?

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2012 01:38 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

But it does have something to do with it, if there's a story premise or characters that people aren't interested in they aren't likely to pick it just because a different writer is doing it.

According to who? You obvoulsy don't like Remender that much. Obvoulsy there are going to be exceptions.

You can say he's good but doesn't mean everyone loves him, or cares about him more then other ones.

Yes, if some people like the writer less than they're going to be less motivated to buy the issue.

Characters are a big part of story, while yes a writer can make a character more interesting, the fact is that story and characters are going to be what makes most people decide to look at the comic or not

Writers create the story and the personality of the character. If a writer sucks even if you like the character you will stop buying that comic.

unless they follow a specific writer.

Not sure how this helps your argument. I thought that was kinda my point if you know a writer is good it will give you more of an incentive to buy that comic.

Myself I'm not going to read this because f other issues, but I don't see the problem some are having with people not liking the Line up. It is there first impression of it, and if story and line up don't interest them, why not leave it at that?

Because it's a discussion forum. If you don't like Remender and you're neutral obvoulsy you're not going to want to buy the comic. However if you know Remender is a good writer and you still don't want to buy it that seems kinda shallow to me.

I'm not really arguing about the story my beef is people not wanting to buy it soley on the line-up.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2012 01:55 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I don't see how it's shallow tbh.

Why read a comic about characters you have no interest in?

Remender could write the most interesting Havok in the world, but it's still Havok at the end of the day.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2012 03:34 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Story is in "quotes", because that isn't what the story is about. That was a very lose premise to drive the narrative, and serve as the foundation of the actually story, which is about the reemergence of Red Skull, and his anti mutant stance. It's asinine in to judge the merits of the story under that loss premise. That's like if all you knew about Harry Potter was that it was about high school wizards, and based on that you rendered your verdict on the merits of the story.

The difference between a "terrorist" and a "freedom fighter" all comes down to the perspective of the individually who is judging. Is Nelson Mandela a terrorist? Because he lead a Guerrilla war, and engaged in arms smuggling, bombs and commanded groups that murdered under his orders. Is Magneto a terrorist, or a freedom fighter? It's up to everyone to decide on their own... but history has proven him right and vindicated him about a dozen times already... plus he has "reformed." Not that Wanda should be judged by actions of her father, anymore than Thor is responsible for the actions of his brother. Wanda has her own crosses to bare, Magneto's actions are the least of her problem.

Most people tend to get excited interesting story premises, written by one of the best writers active in the industry, drawn by one of the best writers in the industry... but I guess you are a too cool for school hipster d-bag who prefers to dismiss things off hand? That's your prerogative I guess... enjoy combing your mustache, and being terrible.

I heard Scorsese is working on another movie? Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn.

Also, just FYI its standard practice to try and top someones insult if you are going to attempt a come back. If you are complaining about a story sounding stupid... and you are rocking a set from a horribly written children's anime that makes Dragonball Z look like the work of Robert E Howard... you need to come up with a better come back then "You like Wolverine!" Believe it!

(please log in to view the image)

Aaannnnnnnnd.......

You're so easy to manipulate laughing out loud If I knew I could push your buttons this easily I'd do it more often. You eushing to the defense of your runt is just too cute.

But anyways, I don't waste my time arguing with typical trash that needs to believe it's worth something to avoid putting a bullet in it's head anymore skranky-pu. Barely even glanced at your post since I know it basically contained "WHY DON'T YOU LIKE THE SAME STUFF I DO?! YOU MUST BE STUPID! WOLVERINE! D:<" lol.

Nice pic @ the end btw thumb up It's a good reflection of your entire history on here. (at least from what I've seen)

anywho, continue being....you. roll eyes (sarcastic) I'll even allow you to have that nice ego builder last word you're looking to get, since I know better than to spam up a thread arguing with something that thinks it's people. Later.

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2012 08:38 PM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by Damborgson
Aaannnnnnnnd.......

You're so easy to manipulate laughing out loud If I knew I could push your buttons this easily I'd do it more often. You eushing to the defense of your runt is just too cute.

But anyways, I don't waste my time arguing with typical trash that needs to believe it's worth something to avoid putting a bullet in it's head anymore skranky-pu. Barely even glanced at your post since I know it basically contained "WHY DON'T YOU LIKE THE SAME STUFF I DO?! YOU MUST BE STUPID! WOLVERINE! D:<" lol.

Nice pic @ the end btw thumb up It's a good reflection of your entire history on here. (at least from what I've seen)

anywho, continue being....you. roll eyes (sarcastic) I'll even allow you to have that nice ego builder last word you're looking to get, since I know better than to spam up a thread arguing with something that thinks it's people. Later.

Feel free to like what ever you want. I couldn't care less if your tastes fall in line with me, but if you are going to dismiss off hand an up coming project by two of the best creators working in the comic industry based on the roster, you are going to look stupid... and somebody is probably going to call you stupid. Maybe you aren't familiar with famous proverbs: Don't judge a book by it's cover, or There is no such thing as bad characters, just bad writers? I supposes it's possible, you don't come off as educated. Anyway, if it comes out and is bad (it won't be), then have it! Talk all the shit you want, because at that point you'll hypothetically be able to justify your asinine opinion... right now you just coming off as a hipster douchbag.

Freaking Weeaboos. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Last edited by srankmissingnin on Sep 2nd, 2012 at 09:07 PM

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2012 09:03 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by -Pr-
I don't see how it's shallow tbh.

Why read a comic about characters you have no interest in?

Remender could write the most interesting Havok in the world, but it's still Havok at the end of the day.

Geoff Johns made Booster Gold gold interesting. cool

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2012 09:05 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

...Well played.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2012 10:24 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

I'm interested how Remender plans on having Thor interact and get more involved in the human/mutant affairs in the Marvel Universe. As a god, he's always been above technicalities (mortals are mortals), but it looks like he'll be placed in interesting situations with his teammates.

The roster doesn't bother me at all, either, though, I actually do hope it remains rather concise and limited.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2012 10:26 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rewmac
{--Classic Member--}

Well I'm interested in the line-up, but only because of Wanda, Alex and Thor. I don't really have a problem with the other chracters, but Cap and Wolvie are clearly only in to get some sales.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2012 11:03 PM
Rewmac is currently offline Click here to Send Rewmac a Private Message Find more posts by Rewmac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Kang will be a mayor villain on this... I would've preferred him to appear on Hickman's Avengers but Remender sounds like a decent choice to use him too.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2012 11:11 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Yeah but it's still Booster Gold he could make him the most interesting Booster in the world but it's still Booster Gold.

Last edited by Deadline on Sep 3rd, 2012 at 12:11 PM

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2012 12:09 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Seen Rick's recent tweet

" I'm writing too many team books. This is brain murder."

Old Post Sep 4th, 2012 07:40 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SevenShackles
Missa pro defunctis

personally not a HUGE fan of the roster myself from first glance but its not horrible. in most cases where i didnt like the roster the characters in question ended up lending to the first arc or two validating their presence and then would either blend into the background or suffer from roster changes so i dont really let rosters play all to much of a big role in my opinion.. only matters if its a 'show stealer' sort of like spiderman being in the team and stealing the majority of the focus. thats no cool. but if he is simply being a member of the team and gives a one liner to remind us he is around when not taking part in the plot then cool.
so writing does matter just sad truth is some people wont pick up a comic at first due to who is on the cover. only after when others say its written well will they bother so i can see why people might question the opening line up a bit.

honestly i hear alot of my friends complain about how wolverine, spiderman and ironman are all over everything and they would love to see lesser characters get development and attention and those same people are the first ones to start barking at the sky when a team roster like this comes to be.

sorry for typos and any sort of pour sentence construction, rushing doing night shift biz.

GAMMA GIDEON

Respect: -Dynamo 5 -Greed -Noh-Varr/Marvel Boy

Old Post Sep 14th, 2012 04:06 AM
SevenShackles is currently offline Click here to Send SevenShackles a Private Message Find more posts by SevenShackles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

srankmissingnin and Damborgson your actions in this thread are getting out of hand so settle down before I have to warn/ban you.

You guys are both entitled to you opinions so leave at that.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Sep 14th, 2012 12:25 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Yeah but it's still Booster Gold he could make him the most interesting Booster in the world but it's still Booster Gold.
So? You're still Alfheim/Phantom Zone.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Sep 14th, 2012 07:45 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Coipel's Uncanny Avengers art

http://twitter.yfrog.com/odg70txj

Old Post Sep 15th, 2012 08:49 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

I hope he stays in the art until Kang shows up smile

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Sep 15th, 2012 08:56 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Originally posted by Badabing
So? You're still Alfheim/Phantom Zone.

Go pester somebody else.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2012 10:28 AM
Badabing
Karen

Go pester somebody else.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Sep 15th, 2012 05:36 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote