KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Metal Gear Solid: The Phantom Pain

Metal Gear Solid: The Phantom Pain
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (23): « First ... « 18 19 [20] 21 22 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah, it can be a deal breaker if that's the thing that would annoy you.

But I will say that the game play itself is fantastic. It's a ton of fun.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2015 03:50 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

So know Konami is getting into the insurance business.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/10/6/94...crotransactions

Absolute bullshit. What a ****ing racket. 99% of the games who release an online mode like this would give the ability from the release date to opt out. Konami did not do that (and made you build an FOB site) and is now charging insurance so you don't lose anybody and instead of one time fee, it's per day.

I finished the first last mission and stopped playing because I didn't know if I wanted to re-play the same missions to unlock the cutscenes but now, **** that. Trading it in at end of Oct so I can pick up Halo 5.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2015 01:54 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

laughing out loud

That's so ridiculous. Holy shit. What an awful, awful idea.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2015 08:54 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yep it is.

That's roughly 8 dollars a month for protection. I insured my guitar so I would get fair value for it and that's 12 dollars a month.

So basically, this "DLC" is slightly cheaper than insurance for a Gibson guitar.

And as well, isn't this the same thing as a protection racket?

Old Post Oct 6th, 2015 11:15 PM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

I read somewhere that you can buy the insurance with in-game money, I guess it's not the case?

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Oct 7th, 2015 04:34 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
I'm on the fence about buying this game, the complains about the pacing and repetitiveness are really turning me off. erm

By not giving money to Konami you can't be fully wrong

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Oct 7th, 2015 05:38 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
I read somewhere that you can buy the insurance with in-game money, I guess it's not the case?

According to the article, you have to use MB coins to get the insurance. Those can be earned only as daily log in bonuses. You get maybe 10-20 per day.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2015 01:06 PM
Estacado
Legendary

Played it for 30 hours currently at mission 15.
Been doing sidemissions mostly.

I love it. DDog is great.Revisiting the same areas can be meh sometimes but the fun factor makes me forget about.

Cant wait to unlock Raiden and upgrade my equipment.

Bankai.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2015 08:04 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

It's definitely a fun game. It's one of those games you look back and you go, "hmm, it's not that goood". Or at least in my opinion.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2015 10:03 PM
RadZoa

God this game sucks, outside of the repetitive missions, the lifeless open world, the bland as hell story. MGS has always had shit writing but at least MGS 1-3 were entertaining as hell where MGS4 and V are just bleh...

At least mechanically the game plays well so I gotta give them credit for that. Gameplay mechanics to me make up 90% of how much I'll enjoy a game, now if only the open world wasn't so boring.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2015 10:08 PM
RadZoa is currently offline Click here to Send RadZoa a Private Message Find more posts by RadZoa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Easily my favorite game of the year.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2015 11:26 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by RadZoa
God this game sucks, outside of the repetitive missions, the lifeless open world, the bland as hell story. MGS has always had shit writing but at least MGS 1-3 were entertaining as hell where MGS4 and V are just bleh...

At least mechanically the game plays well so I gotta give them credit for that. Gameplay mechanics to me make up 90% of how much I'll enjoy a game, now if only the open world wasn't so boring.

Sounds like Saints Row 4. Awesome mechanics, really boring side missions..

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2015 12:26 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

This game is like Mc Donalds' food.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2015 12:49 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by cdtm
Sounds like Saints Row 4. Awesome mechanics, really boring side missions..

I don't really remember the side missions in Saints Row 4. I do remember Saints Row the Third had some of the best main missions and fun side missions/activities. Man that game was great.

The side ops in Phantom Pain are not bad but there doesn't need to be 160 of them. I rather have 60 of them but much more unique and I think a lot of people would think that way too. One of the reason why Witcher 3 is competing with Phantom Pain is because the side missions are fantastic.

The problem with side ops and etc is that it's all tied into the unlocking system. You need to go out and do a lot of side ops because it's one of the sure ways of getting quality mother base employees. In fact, pretty much the whole game is based around getting dudes to unlock more gear.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2015 01:07 AM
Estacado
Legendary

Originally posted by RadZoa

I wish every game would suck as much as this...

Bankai.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2015 08:01 AM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

laughing out loud

Old Post Dec 16th, 2015 08:39 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2015 01:43 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

He was too much of a diva and ruined Phantom Pain. I'm okay with him leaving and Konami going bankrupt.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2015 03:23 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I agree mostly.

It's a simple fact. He made games that cost too much and Konami wasn't making enough profit. Konami is getting out of the business of making console games so why would Kojima still be around. I would think his firm would be the first to get the axe considering how much money it cost to keep it around.

Considering that, him being removed from literature, award shows and etc is par for the course. He doesn't work there anymore.

Konami could of done a better job in communicating this fact but it's a Japanese company and from what I've read regarding Sega of Japan and Sega of America, it sounds like this is usually what happens.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2015 05:03 PM
Estacado
Legendary

The retro soundtracks are great!
Take on me, final countdown ,too shy.....they never get old. stick out tongue

Bankai.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2015 05:50 PM