KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Metal Gear Solid: The Phantom Pain

Metal Gear Solid: The Phantom Pain
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (23): « First ... « 19 20 [21] 22 23 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah, I did like the licensed music in the game. It was a pretty neat touch. Very Pulp Fiction.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2015 06:55 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

It is indeed awesome!

Im at mission 23 now been playing for 48 hours.
Dont really like that you have to wait ages for development I have like 80000 fuel on stock it's gonna take forever to make it available.....

The other thing is that there is not much differnce between the weapon stats.

I mean just look at the assault rifles...
They are almost the same.

Still I love the game though...

Bankai.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2015 02:34 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah, the upgrade system in convoluted including weapon customization. I'm always wondering why I change some parts of different weapons and not others...

Old Post Dec 18th, 2015 03:24 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RadZoa

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Estacado

I wish every game would suck as much as this...
That's just sad, go play Witcher 3, that's an open world game done right.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2015 06:14 PM
RadZoa is currently offline Click here to Send RadZoa a Private Message Find more posts by RadZoa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Even though it's clearly an open world game, it felt very much like a playground and not a real space. Witcher 3 felt like a real living world with a ton of interesting shit.

MGS Phantom Pain is one large map with nothing in it.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2015 08:02 PM
Estacado
Legendary

Gotta agree on the openworld part.

Story is super retarded.

Parasites that kill anyone who doesnt speak english.....

Bankai.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2015 08:17 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yep. And the story is definitely weak. Aside from a few interesting missions, they all feel the same. It's a pretty big negative for me. I was never into MGS until the 4th and I liked that game purely on the interesting boss battles and characters.

Phantom Pain had neither. Skullface is got to be one of the worst bad guys in the last 10 years. It also doesn't help that the other bad guys are incredibly weak.

I think was disheartening was that the prologue mission was one of the best I have ever played. It was so ****ing awesome. I was almost breathless when I played it for the first time. After that, I was like, "oh shit this is going to ****ing sweeeeet!. Not one mission after that even came close to that level of craziness. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the game a lot (top 5 released this year) but I don't understand why they didn't have some mission resemble that prologue. Why did all of them have to take place on main map. Why couldn't a few of them take place in a separate location. That is one thing Kojima should of paid attention to when looking at competitors. Rockstar is a perfect example on how to do this. Hell, even Dying Light did the same thing. It's not a big thing but it changes things up a few times. But no, in Phantom Pain, I don't know how many times I inflitrated the airport, or the first village in Afghanistan.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2015 01:58 AM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Kojima is an idiot, he got too caught up in his new vision for the series so when Konami rightfully rushed him to finish the game the rants started and it all ended up in the half-assed game we got.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Dec 19th, 2015 03:37 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I would say that is a logical assessment. It's a waste in reality. It's both parties fault though because they let Kojima get that far into development.

My favourite line is from the Giant Bombcast on how Kojima probably spent a fair bit of money recording people shitting and putting into the game and not spend time finishing the ****ing thing.

Did they really need to put an online component into the SP campaign? Nope!

Old Post Dec 19th, 2015 04:09 AM
Estacado
Legendary

Originally posted by Smasandian
Yep. And the story is definitely weak. Aside from a few interesting missions, they all feel the same. It's a pretty big negative for me. I was never into MGS until the 4th and I liked that game purely on the interesting boss battles and characters.

Phantom Pain had neither. Skullface is got to be one of the worst bad guys in the last 10 years. It also doesn't help that the other bad guys are incredibly weak.

I think was disheartening was that the prologue mission was one of the best I have ever played. It was so ****ing awesome. I was almost breathless when I played it for the first time. After that, I was like, "oh shit this is going to ****ing sweeeeet!. Not one mission after that even came close to that level of craziness. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the game a lot (top 5 released this year) but I don't understand why they didn't have some mission resemble that prologue. Why did all of them have to take place on main map. Why couldn't a few of them take place in a separate location. That is one thing Kojima should of paid attention to when looking at competitors. Rockstar is a perfect example on how to do this. Hell, even Dying Light did the same thing. It's not a big thing but it changes things up a few times. But no, in Phantom Pain, I don't know how many times I inflitrated the airport, or the first village in Afghanistan.

Yeah the whole prologue was long as phuck but it was great!

Man of fire was introduced as a beast!
Taking everything they throw at him ,blasting fire trucks miles away,creating that giant fire whale.

Then in mission 20 you drop him by spraying a gallon of water on him.

Lameeee.

Just got the parasite suit.

Need to extract skulls for the abilities though.

Want Raiden really badly he can run faster then dhorse but for him you gotta get an S on all missions...

Bankai.

Last edited by Estacado on Dec 19th, 2015 at 08:19 AM

Old Post Dec 19th, 2015 08:15 AM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Originally posted by Smasandian
I would say that is a logical assessment. It's a waste in reality. It's both parties fault though because they let Kojima get that far into development.

My favourite line is from the Giant Bombcast on how Kojima probably spent a fair bit of money recording people shitting and putting into the game and not spend time finishing the ****ing thing.

Did they really need to put an online component into the SP campaign? Nope!
Yeah, he went off the rails for sure but Konami is at fault too for putting up with it.

I hate the phucking FOB system, I have a glitch that wouldn't let me connect to Konami's server during single player. I lost almost 1.5 millions PB and can't get them back.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Dec 19th, 2015 01:26 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Blasting Skull Face to pieces was fun!

Parasite skills are really neat I like mist the most.

I found Spin me like a record woot!!!

Started chapter 2.

Currently at 46% completion with 60 hours of gameplay.

Bankai.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2015 07:48 PM
Estacado
Legendary

These extreme missions are kinda disappointing rather have more story related stuff.

Found the perfect stealth weapon combo.

D-Dog with wormhole fullton + rocket arm=pure win and s rank on all stealth missions.stick out tongue

Just finished mission 40.

Bankai.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2015 09:05 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yep, they could of been some of the best missions in the game....

Old Post Dec 21st, 2015 02:13 PM
Estacado
Legendary

Been phuckin around with mission 42 extreme code talker/skulls.

Their health and armor were retardedly strong.

Till I realized hey D Walker has a minigun and blasted them to oblivion.

Got my S rank as well.

smile

Bankai.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2015 04:42 PM
Estacado
Legendary

Finally got Raiden!

I like that he runs fast but imo he could a bit better.
I worked my ass off to get him it would have been nice to use his sword instead of the arm or maybe he could be more faster.

Hell his durability is worse then the sneak armor.

Currently at 68% 110 hours still have a lot to do.

Bankai.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2015 02:00 PM
Estacado
Legendary

Finally got my platinum trophy!

Bankai.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2016 10:53 AM
Dante158
The Soul Stealer

Originally posted by Estacado
Finally got Raiden!

I like that he runs fast but imo he could a bit better.
I worked my ass off to get him it would have been nice to use his sword instead of the arm or maybe he could be more faster.

Hell his durability is worse then the sneak armor.

Currently at 68% 110 hours still have a lot to do.

How did you got him? I want to see him kick @sses

Old Post Jan 9th, 2016 11:58 AM
Dante158 is currently offline Click here to Send Dante158 a Private Message Find more posts by Dante158 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dante158
The Soul Stealer

Sadly, i only play MGS3 because mostly i know about gaming because i watched the walkthroughs on youtube. The MGS games that i watched through are MGS4 and this. But i want to watch Ground Zeroes

Old Post Jan 9th, 2016 12:00 PM
Dante158 is currently offline Click here to Send Dante158 a Private Message Find more posts by Dante158 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

For Raiden you have to s rank all basic missions.
He is just a skin though his only special is that he runs roughly 1.5 times faster then an upgraded Snake.

It can be useful sometimes though plus he looks awesome.

Bankai.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2016 01:01 PM