KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Metal Gear Solid: The Phantom Pain

Metal Gear Solid: The Phantom Pain
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (23): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tzeentch
#gottem

Ray is a bit of a gaming hipster. That's the argument, basically.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Mar 19th, 2014 03:51 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Yeah, it's price is a little steep even for the $20 version that I bought.

Still, it's quite a bit of fun. And it's actually fairly difficult, especially the missions set during the day.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2014 04:09 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astor Ebligis
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Im interested in hearing this argument about Portal 1 > Entire Halo franchise.

Refer to my argument about how Citizen Kane > the entirety of Gossip Girl, and substitute Citizen Kane for Portal 1 and Gossip Girl for Halo. rolling on floor laughing

1. quanchi112
2-9. Various posters
10. Nai

Old Post Mar 19th, 2014 05:15 PM
Astor Ebligis is currently offline Click here to Send Astor Ebligis a Private Message Find more posts by Astor Ebligis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Ignoring Astor snorting bath salts, I didn't think Ground Zeroes could get any shorter until Eurogamer beat the main mission in ten friggin minutes. So how long now is the game if you do the side missions?

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2014 05:57 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

lol, you aren't going to beat GZ in 10 minutes unless you played through it several times and therefore know exactly what you are doing. It took me close to two hours to beat the mission (although part of that was because I restarted twice because I got spotted.)

As for the side-ops, I haven't beat them all yet, but the few I've beaten seem to be comparable length to the main mission. As long as you don't rush, I'd say it would probably take several hours to beat the entire thing.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2014 06:23 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

Originally posted by Astor Ebligis
I simply care more about the quality of experience than I do the length.

How does this work with the girls?

Old Post Mar 19th, 2014 09:50 PM
Stealth Moose is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Stealth Moose
How does this work with the girls?
Great short sex vs terrible long sex? I wouldn't count him off for choosing the former.

PWNT

Old Post Mar 19th, 2014 11:27 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

I assume his pre-coitus one-liner is "Don't worry, you won't feel a thing but shame".

Old Post Mar 20th, 2014 12:54 AM
Stealth Moose is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

I've got an S in every level except for the intel mission and the Raiden mission. It took a little over an hour to beat ground zeroes the first time, and 2 hours of retries to get my S on that. Every side mission so far has been at least two hours of attempts to get an S rank. Then there's the 6 hours I spent scouring the entire base for the XOF badges with my buddy. I still have two more missions to get S rank on, I need to collect the cassette tapes, and need to get 5 more achievements. I've already pulled a good twenty hours out of this game, and it's still all I think about. Everything so far has been done without any guides, because I do not want to dilute this experience for myself at all. It's unreal how fun this is.

Before you knock this game based off heresay, try it for yourself and invest yourself into it. You will take back everything negative you've said about it and you will love it. I've already logged enough time for more than 4 play throughs of MGS4. This was definitely worth my 30. I would gladly pay more for what I've experienced thus far. Amazing game, and I cant wait for the rest of V.

Also, Grey Fox is unlockable on the PS4 version apparently. Lucky bastards. I'm stuck with Raiden, and I hate Raiden.

PWNT

Old Post Mar 20th, 2014 04:32 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Did you save Hideo Kojima?

Old Post Mar 20th, 2014 11:06 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Kazenji
Did you save Hideo Kojima?
Ya I did. I laughed my ass off when he put on the glasses and I realized who he was. Only Kojima lol

PWNT

Old Post Mar 20th, 2014 12:39 PM
Arachnid1

I knew this game would be darker in tone than usual, but my god that was a bit much. Have any of you listened to Chicos tapes yet? Listen to them in order. I think thats the first time I've ever encountered that in a video game. This game lived up that M rating.

PWNT

Old Post Mar 20th, 2014 04:23 PM
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Arachnid1
I knew this game would be darker in tone than usual, but my god that was a bit much. Have any of you listened to Chicos tapes yet? Listen to them in order. I think thats the first time I've ever encountered that in a video game. This game lived up that M rating.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Tape 4, you listen to Paz get beat and raped by XOF members and then by Skullface while chico is forced to watch. After all that, Chico is forced to participate afterwards.

Tape 7, she gets cut open and they planted the bombs in her. XOF "Removed some organs...in a place they (FOX) will never look."

All the other tapes are her and chico getting tortured. I cant believe they had the balls to do this all, to legitimate characters in the series instead of rando NPCs no less.

Also, I found out what the song that Skullface always plays is about. It ways made in memory of two men who were falsely convicted of murder and armed robbery. They had strong anarchaic and anti-government views which caused to jury to develop a bias against them and they were found guilty and put to death. Their deaths caused acts of violence worldwide, and a movie was made about them too. The song was from that movies soundtrack.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacco_and_Vanzetti

PWNT

Old Post Mar 20th, 2014 04:47 PM
ares834

Originally posted by Arachnid1
I've got an S in every level except for the intel mission and the Raiden mission.

The intel mission where you need to get the cassette tape? It's actually easy as hell to get an S rank on that. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: You don't need to talk to the contact and if you stay in the car until it stops, it takes you very close to the tower with the tape. Grab the tape (after shooting the camera) and hop back into the truck. Wait a few minutes it will start up again and will leave the base.

If it's the Kojima level just use the non-lethal weapon a lot.

Last edited by ares834 on Mar 20th, 2014 at 06:04 PM

Old Post Mar 20th, 2014 06:01 PM
Arachnid1

Originally posted by ares834
The intel mission where you need to get the cassette tape? It's actually easy as hell to get an S rank on that. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: You don't need to talk to the contact and if you stay in the car until it stops, it takes you very close to the tower with the tape. Grab the tape (after shooting the camera) and hop back into the truck. Wait a few minutes it will start up again and will leave the base.

If it's the Kojima level just use the non-lethal weapon a lot.
Lol thats exactly what I did. It took my a good four mission restarts to figure that out.

I am getting my butt kicked by the Raiden mission though. I just got a 20,000 which is my highest score and it's still only an A. :/

PWNT

Old Post Mar 20th, 2014 08:27 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Mar 21st, 2014 05:56 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Based
iPinoy

What's the point of getting into the helicopter if it's an instant mission fail?

Old Post Mar 21st, 2014 08:24 AM
Based is currently offline Click here to Send Based a Private Message Find more posts by Based Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

It's symbolic, to reaffirm your purchasing choice. Also, was Kajima going through a divorce while making this game? It strikes me as misogynistic.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2014 05:03 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Seems like Joe got more fun out of the costume than the game.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2014 10:45 AM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

I'll admit I was a sucker and paid $20 for the digital PS3 version. Granted I still think $20 was way too much for this game. Heck even $15 would've been pushing it.

With that said I had fun with the 45 minutes of game play I logged in on my first play through. May do the side missions after I stop getting mad and Dark Souls 2.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2014 11:14 AM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote