KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Metal Gear Solid: The Phantom Pain

Metal Gear Solid: The Phantom Pain
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (23): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Man MGS4 with mod support? I'd need nothing else in life

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Jun 16th, 2014 12:00 AM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astor Ebligis
Restricted

Account Restricted

"What’s even better is that you can chopper your way back to your fully-customizable Mother Base at any point in the game and wander around your creation. Seeing the spoils of my actions wandering about your base brought to mind shades of Skies of Arcadia and Suikoden, and I couldn’t be happier about that. Troops were practicing at shooting ranges, Snake could spare with his men to raise their levels, and we even spotted a young Revolver Ocelot gazing off longingly into the sunset."

Holy shit that sounds awesome.

1. quanchi112
2-9. Various posters
10. Nai

Old Post Jun 16th, 2014 12:41 AM
Astor Ebligis is currently offline Click here to Send Astor Ebligis a Private Message Find more posts by Astor Ebligis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I know man I know

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Jun 16th, 2014 01:31 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

The Phantom Pain E3 Live Demo in English

http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/station/jp/

Old Post Jun 19th, 2014 10:41 AM
Kazenji is online now! Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jun 19th, 2014 05:10 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Wow...Game of the Year right there.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2014 06:02 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

2015 is gonna be a busy year alright...

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2014 08:07 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah it will. This does look pretty damn good. I wonder if there will be some linear missions as well where you are not always attacking a city/town.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2014 11:17 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

That game will keep me busy for so damn long. That looks amazing!

PWNT

Old Post Jun 20th, 2014 03:19 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
Yeah it will. This does look pretty damn good. I wonder if there will be some linear missions as well where you are not always attacking a city/town.
Probably.

I like the fact we can bring up stuff like "Parachuting goats. Upgraded CQC cardboard mechanics. Real time horse taking dumnps!" as gameplay mechanics and be totally honest about it ROFL.

FKN Kojima the man. After watching the video I am no longer sure he genuinely praises GTA or is just making fun of it. Either way better for us lol. If he really feels inferior to Rockstar's games then...that will only motivate/push him and his team to come up with better stuff--and they honestly have nothing to be jelly about.

Last edited by Zack Fair on Jun 20th, 2014 at 07:43 AM

Old Post Jun 20th, 2014 07:39 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I hope so. Open world games are always welcomed and it seems MGS5 looks to be pretty unique but I always liked the missions in MGS4 and it would be a shame to miss out on that.

GTAV and MGS5 are different in my opinion. Comparing them wouldn't work. While I didn't see the quote, I do think Kojima would be praising Rockstar because they are the premier open world developers. All their work has been exceptional.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2014 12:07 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Yeah. Its just something about the way he says it lol. Apparentely GTAV PS4 footage depressed him. WTF

Old Post Jun 20th, 2014 04:35 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I assume if he was depressed from the footage than it was more about, "wow, that looks ****ing amazing and I have to compete with that".

Because it did look ****ing amazing and the game was as well.

So does MGS 5, I'm intrigue about the Mother Base aspect. I always like games where you can customize things like that.

Last edited by Smasandian on Jun 20th, 2014 at 06:08 PM

Old Post Jun 20th, 2014 06:05 PM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

The cardboard box is now OP and ranks alone in the S tiers. Look at those frame traps. The option selects. GG.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2014 07:53 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Nemesis.eXe has stopped working.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2014 08:51 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

lol

Old Post Aug 12th, 2014 08:54 PM
Tzeentch
#gottem

Assuming that's real gameplay, I wonder how MGS fans feel about the fact that Hideo Kojima basically openly despises them and trolls them at every opportunity.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Aug 13th, 2014 02:13 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Tzeentch
Assuming that's real gameplay, I wonder how MGS fans feel about the fact that Hideo Kojima basically openly despises them and trolls them at every opportunity.
Actually, we all (with the exception of a select few who are whiny b*tches) enjoy Kojimas humor. Shit like this is always a good laugh, and actually adds to the game.

PWNT

Old Post Aug 13th, 2014 02:22 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Originally posted by Tzeentch
How? He gave us that 15 minutes demo at E3. Besides anything he tries to pull is child's play compared to his Sons of Liberty bait and switch. I think we've seen more than enough. I suppose some people want to see as much as possible, and sometimes I am that way too, but it's not like he has not shown anything. At this point in time I rather he keep a few things to himself/for release.

And like Arachnid said MGS fans are used to this shit lol.
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Actually, we all (with the exception of a select few who are whiny b*tches) enjoy Kojimas humor. Shit like this is always a good laugh, and actually adds to the game.
It is a smart way to contrast the tension/stress and mature/gritty atmosphere of the games.

And it fits the bill for "Fun gameplay" lol. Literally. One of the funniest part of MGS games is ****ing around with soldiers. I'm glad we are given numerous options to mess with them.

Last edited by Zack Fair on Aug 13th, 2014 at 02:52 AM

Old Post Aug 13th, 2014 02:48 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I'm hoping customizing Mother Base is a deep as they say. I think that's a freaking cool feature for the game.

I'm probably more excited about that than the open world stuff. Then again, I ****ing love Far Cry and this feels very similar on how to proceed to your objectives (scan with binocs and then slowly infiltrate). I'm also hoping they include some standalone missions where it's a bit more structured as well.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2014 03:07 AM