KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » The New 52... Will it last?

The New 52... Will it last?
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I know it's not likely any time soon; I just really don't want things to go back to the way they were for some characters.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 21st, 2012 07:06 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Golgo13
Galan might be on to something. Just read some of Newsaram's article on the whole Pandora thing.
smart

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Sep 21st, 2012 09:03 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

I think DC really made a mess with their 52 universes. Since WS was merged, does this mean the old WS universe doesn't exist now? Is it 51 universes? Or what about the New Gods? When Multiversity comes out, one universe is dedicated to New Gods, but New Gods are also on DCnU earth. So there are 2 versions of New Gods?

Old Post Sep 21st, 2012 09:29 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Yeah, it's a big pit of excrement trying to keep continuity in order for longer than about 6 months. Each new reboot just presents new problems, it doesn't erase the old. It's best not to think about it. No incarnation has been perfect.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2012 12:45 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

They made Guy Gardner more lame, pull the plug on the New 52 already...

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2012 07:01 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

They should have gone full post-crisis like reboot. Would've avoided all confusion and complexity of trying to establish a continuity.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2012 07:21 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Originally posted by Bentley
They made Guy Gardner more lame, pull the plug on the New 52 already...

Is that even possible?

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Sep 24th, 2012 02:43 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Is that even possible?

Whats wrong with Guy Gardener?

Old Post Sep 24th, 2012 03:50 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Merlyn
Order Of...

I hate the new 52. It needs to go back to hell where it came from.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2012 04:25 PM
Merlyn is currently offline Click here to Send Merlyn a Private Message Find more posts by Merlyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Originally posted by Deadline
Whats wrong with Guy Gardener?

TBH I never liked him, his attitude, his Hairstyle, his general appearance and behaviour was just pure fail. He was also always the weakes of the GL, each comic I read with him he was just annoying and ineffective.

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Sep 24th, 2012 04:44 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

TBH I never liked him, his attitude, his Hairstyle, his general appearance and behaviour was just pure fail. He was also always the weakes of the GL, each comic I read with him he was just annoying and ineffective.

His hairstyle used to really suck, looks alright now. Ah well I like his personality but if I was a GL with him we might end up punching each other up.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2012 04:51 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

laughing out loud

Written in DC team books, sure, Guy was a joke.

In Green Lantern or Green Lantern Corps, Guy is a beast.

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Sep 24th, 2012 05:06 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cogito

Blasphemer

"And then there was nothing. A once broken something now void.
And on the first day, Doom spoke...
'Be.'
And then there was life."

Old Post Sep 24th, 2012 05:14 PM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Originally posted by Blair Wind

In Green Lantern or Green Lantern Corps, Guy is a beast.

I only know Guy from there so that might explain it.

"If I say be the brush be the brush, got it." LOL (or was it paint can't remember).

Old Post Sep 24th, 2012 06:05 PM
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Originally posted by Galan007
And Superman/Batman was one of my favorite series' in the pre-Flashpoint era, from start to finish.
I couldn't get enough of Superman/Batman...but I've been really sluggish checking out the DCnU. I'll probably do like what I did with Planet Hulk, the Galactus Seed, etc: I wait a couple of years until the series is condensed into a graphic novel or a single package in cellophane. It puts me behind the times, but then, I don't have to run to the comics' store as frequently. cool

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2012 07:02 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by -Pr-
McDuffie was an open Wonder Woman fan, and the "Usain Bolt vs Bruce Lee" thing was purely done to piss off some people on the forum and show them he was right.

Hah. That it's consistent with what's been shown between them prior is just coincidence, huh?

I mean, that's pretty much how it's gone in their fights prior to his run, and WW has a better track record against speedsters too.

You're too quick to leap to things being fandom bias.

quote:
Golgo13
I think DC really made a mess with their 52 universes. Since WS was merged, does this mean the old WS universe doesn't exist now? Is it 51 universes? Or what about the New Gods? When Multiversity comes out, one universe is dedicated to New Gods, but New Gods are also on DCnU earth. So there are 2 versions of New Gods?

I think the old 52 universes are gone completely, and it's just the new post-Flashpoint DCnU universe.

Originally posted by Digi
Yeah, it's a big pit of excrement trying to keep continuity in order for longer than about 6 months. Each new reboot just presents new problems, it doesn't erase the old. It's best not to think about it. No incarnation has been perfect.

And honestly, the biggest problems tend to come from big 'fixes' rather than just rolling with and explaining away what you've got.

Though some of the post-reboot stuff is just laziness (not deciding if Tim is Robin! Titans writer unsure if Titans exist!).

Old Post Sep 24th, 2012 08:24 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Q99
Hah. That it's consistent with what's been shown between them prior is just coincidence, huh?

I mean, that's pretty much how it's gone in their fights prior to his run, and WW has a better track record against speedsters too.

You're too quick to leap to things being fandom bias.

Don't go there, please.

Though it's funny that you accuse me of bias, all things considered.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 24th, 2012 08:37 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

Don't go there, please.

Though it's funny that you accuse me of bias, all things considered.

Oh, look at that catty backhanded insult.

You gonna take that shit Q?

Old Post Sep 25th, 2012 01:36 PM
Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

I really don't see what the beef with the Usain Bruce Lee comparison is. Seems quite fair to me.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2012 02:33 PM
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

Once Robinson came on board, Superman was terrible. It started out as barely average, and just descended in to mediocrity.

Him in McDuffie's JLA was bad too, sadly.

At least, imo.
I thought that Johns "last of son of krypton" and "legion" stories were really good. The whole world of the supermen crossover was handled poorly but action came back with that saga that seemed to follow lex luthor after blackest night unfortunately, it lead into that saga with the multiple doomsdays sick . Wasnt there a doomsday made to kill other doomsdays in that saga?

Made by Jugg666

Old Post Sep 25th, 2012 08:09 PM
HueyFreeman is currently offline Click here to Send HueyFreeman a Private Message Find more posts by HueyFreeman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote