KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » "Amazon" - A Wonder Woman show in development at the CW

"Amazon" - A Wonder Woman show in development at the CW
Started by: -Pr-

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

"Amazon" - A Wonder Woman show in development at the CW

Full details:

A good year of gossip was spent on watching David E. Kelley develop, write and produce a pilot for a Wonder Woman TV show that got no further than an unaired pilot. It was, if nothing else, good sport.

So here we go again.

Vulture are reporting that the CW are developing Amazon, a new Wonder Woman show that could quite nicely compliment their Arrow.

The focus will be on a young Diana, just getting into gear with her Wondering. A Wonder Young Woman, p’raps.

The script is being written by Allan Heinberg, who has worked on The OC and Grey’s Anatomy. Another interesting choice, after the Boston Legal and Ally McBeal man last time around. Heinberg, though, has actual comics on his resume – he wrote Young Avengers and even a run of Wonder Woman, back in 2006.

Get ready for a whole lot more on this project if and when the pilot goes into production.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/09...s+%26+Rumors%29

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 7th, 2012 08:11 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

What's the deal with these shows not actually using the superhero name

first Green Arrow (Arrow) and now this.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2012 08:14 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

I actually prefer Amazon over Wonder Woman.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2012 09:04 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

They had their chance with Whedon. Now they have to hold back.

And that sucks.
Playing it safe lolz.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2012 06:40 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

its at the CW so the show might actually work

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Sep 7th, 2012 07:34 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

That's more like it. Don't just copy Marvel, take risks. Marvel own the big screen for now, dominate the small screen before Marvel beat you to that as well.

DC already has a good history on the small screen with Smallville lasting 10 years introducing people to lots of different parts of the DCU.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2012 08:00 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
That's more like it. Don't just copy Marvel, take risks. Marvel own the big screen for now, dominate the small screen before Marvel beat you to that as well.

DC already has a good history on the small screen with Smallville lasting 10 years introducing people to lots of different parts of the DCU.

Exactly..and their time is almost up with the SHIELD series in the works.

DC need to go all out. Capture that magic of the comic universe with high budget TV series with much love thrown in.

Smallville was trash. It was just Charmed level TV with Supes thrown in as the plot medium. They need to stop doing this and understand that fans although may except shows like Smallville as accomplished representations of the mythos isn't simply enough to capture the wonder of the masses.

You said it perfectly.....it's a race now.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2012 06:27 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

I wonder whatever happened to that Wonder Woman movie that was suppose to be released like a couple years ago.they had a trailer for it and everything.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2012 06:41 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Originally posted by Mr Parker
I wonder whatever happened to that Wonder Woman movie that was suppose to be released like a couple years ago.they had a trailer for it and everything.

You mean Whedons WW? It never happened. What trailer? Do you mean the TV series that was god awful.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2012 07:59 PM
Senor Cage

WB routinely does TV better, so this might be good.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2012 08:20 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by the ninjak

DC need to go all out. Capture that magic of the comic universe with high budget TV series with much love thrown in.

Smallville was trash. It was just Charmed level TV with Supes thrown in as the plot medium. They need to stop doing this and understand that fans although may except shows like Smallville as accomplished representations of the mythos isn't simply enough to capture the wonder of the masses.

Agreed with everything except I loved Smallville (with the exception of the last season).

Although I can see how it probably appealed more to the wider audience than hardcore fans. I know lots of guys and girls who were not not Superman fans but were really hooked on to that show.

But still it probably gave the most exposure of the DCU to the wider audience than any other medium has done in the last few years.

But yeah your right, they can't just rest after Smallville. They need to own the small screen at least. We all know they've lost the big screen battle in a landslide.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2012 03:33 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Agreed with everything except I loved Smallville (with the exception of the last season).

Although I can see how it probably appealed more to the wider audience than hardcore fans. I know lots of guys and girls who were not not Superman fans but were really hooked on to that show.

But still it probably gave the most exposure of the DCU to the wider audience than any other medium has done in the last few years.

But yeah your right, they can't just rest after Smallville. They need to own the small screen at least. We all know they've lost the big screen battle in a landslide.

You love everything BUT the last season? REALLY?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 10th, 2012 12:23 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by -Pr-
You love everything BUT the last season? REALLY?

It had it's ups and downs, but on the whole I loved the show.

The ending was very disappointing for me.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2012 09:50 AM
roughrider
Thunderer

Doing characters for the live action small screen is virtually a guarantee they won't be coming to the big screen anytime soon. When was the last time someone was both on TV and in the movies? - Superman Returns. How well did that work?

I don't think that Justice League movie is really near on the horizon, seeing moves like this.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Sep 10th, 2012 07:05 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

That's a pretty broad statement. Especially considering that there havent been many live-action superhero shows lately.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2012 08:25 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by ares834
That's a pretty broad statement. Especially considering that there havent been many live-action superhero shows lately.

After the last Christopher Reeve Superman film in 1987, we had 20-plus years of Superman-themed TV shows instead - Superboy (with John Haymes Newton), Lois & Clark (with Dean Cain) and Smallville (with Tom Welling), all while one purposed film after another fizzled.

The Gotham-set Birds Of Prey only happened in-between Batman films, between 1997 & 2005. I think the basic rule of thumb is if you're on live action TV, you're not on the big screen.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Sep 10th, 2012 10:05 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Which is why I said recently. After all, until the 21st century there really weren't many superhero films. To blame television series for that seems to be a mistake. And Birds of Prey only had one season.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2012 10:08 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

It had it's ups and downs, but on the whole I loved the show.

The ending was very disappointing for me.
I hear ya.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2012 10:15 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote