KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Avengers Now 1

Avengers Now 1
Started by: the Darkone

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
One-Punch
B-Class Hero

Its too early to tell, but it looks like Hyp just finished punching Hulk back into Banner or something. Can't say for sure until better previews come out or until the issues released.

Hulk's being mind-controlled, and Hyperion is probably the only one on the expanded Avenger's roster that has the durability and strength to contend with him. Wouldn't be surprised if Hickman has Hyperion straight up beat mind-controlled Hulk just to increase his cool factor. It seems like he's trying to give all the new members a nice intro to hype them. Who knows. But the book so far is pretty good.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2012 06:04 AM
One-Punch is currently offline Click here to Send One-Punch a Private Message Find more posts by One-Punch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Sorrow

Hickman has already said Hyperion is going to be the major ass-kicker on the team, plus I can't see him being chumped on his first appearance. Getting the better of a mind-controlled Hulk would make sense in showing he can play alongside the big boys. I think Hype will probably destroy the mind control before Banner takes control again seeing as though he's back in his human form.

The art on this book is amazing, but the plot needs to move on for me. Also a being that can apparently "raze" planets is being destroyed by Shang-Chi?

Last edited by The Sorrow on Dec 21st, 2012 at 11:23 AM

Old Post Dec 21st, 2012 11:19 AM
The Sorrow is currently offline Click here to Send The Sorrow a Private Message Find more posts by The Sorrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

Anyway, the most important thing is that the comic is being released early ... this year ... like 11 months and 2 weeks ago, this year!

Are you a Glinting Bastard?

Old Post Dec 21st, 2012 04:24 PM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One-Punch
B-Class Hero

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Sorrow
Hickman has already said Hyperion is going to be the major ass-kicker on the team, plus I can't see him being chumped on his first appearance. Getting the better of a mind-controlled Hulk would make sense in showing he can play alongside the big boys. I think Hype will probably destroy the mind control before Banner takes control again seeing as though he's back in his human form.

The art on this book is amazing, but the plot needs to move on for me. Also a being that can apparently "raze" planets is being destroyed by Shang-Chi?

Yeah Shang-Chi destroying that Aleph robot's legs seemed a little strange. Those robots destroyed entire civilizations.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2012 05:39 AM
One-Punch is currently offline Click here to Send One-Punch a Private Message Find more posts by One-Punch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

He's Marvel's Karate Kid now, it seems cool

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2012 05:57 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ODG

^ I imagine you're just praying Aleph doesn't stomp a mudhole in Wolverine at the same time.

Revamped Thor Respect Thread Revamped Loki Respect Thread
Revamped Hulk Respect Thread Revamped Iron Man Respect Thread

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2012 05:02 PM
ODG is currently offline Click here to Send ODG a Private Message Find more posts by ODG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
basilisk

Originally posted by vince_slice
Yeah Shang-Chi destroying that Aleph robot's legs seemed a little strange. Those robots destroyed entire civilizations.
Forget entire civilizations. It grabbed Cap's shield out of the air, then proceeded to beat the crap out of Cap with its fists. And that's after Cap made one of his "we're not beaten yet" speeches.

So Shang must be pretty damn good just to kick it to pieces. Or maybe Cap should have tried... fighting?

Old Post Dec 27th, 2012 02:11 PM
basilisk is currently offline Click here to Send basilisk a Private Message Find more posts by basilisk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by ODG
^ I imagine you're just praying Aleph doesn't stomp a mudhole in Wolverine at the same time.

Is he even in this book...?

Wolverine beat Furies, Hickman's robots are C3POs compared to them stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 29th, 2012 01:06 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

I've got to admit that Remender writes a great Red Skull

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Jan 9th, 2013 05:56 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Originally posted by vince_slice
Its too early to tell, but it looks like Hyp just finished punching Hulk back into Banner or something. Can't say for sure until better previews come out or until the issues released.

Hulk's being mind-controlled, and Hyperion is probably the only one on the expanded Avenger's roster that has the durability and strength to contend with him. Wouldn't be surprised if Hickman has Hyperion straight up beat mind-controlled Hulk just to increase his cool factor. It seems like he's trying to give all the new members a nice intro to hype them. Who knows. But the book so far is pretty good.
Originally posted by The Sorrow

Pfff, typical writer pet bullshit.

If Hickman wants to tell stories about how awesome his poor's man Legion of Superheroes is, Marvel has the Icon imprint for that. Is it really such a daunting task to not shit on the established heroes when attempting to make your new ones look good?

If people wanted to see Hyperion beat up Hulk or Shang-Chi one upping Captain America instead of vise versa, they wouldn't have been sitting on the shelf for almost two decades.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2013 09:23 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Pfff, typical writer pet bullshit.

If Hickman wants to tell stories about how awesome his poor's man Legion of Superheroes is, Marvel has the Icon imprint for that. Is it really such a daunting task to not shit on the established heroes when attempting to make your new ones look good?

If people wanted to see Hyperion beat up Hulk or Shang-Chi one upping Captain America instead of vise versa, they wouldn't have been sitting on the shelf for almost two decades.
This isn't about Hulk, Cap, Hype, or Shang-Chi is it?

It's about the horror that begins with a capital T.

I feel for you bro.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2013 12:21 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Also, I really doubt Hyperion beats Hulk.

And it looks like Hulk is confused by his transformation, and then Hype is all like "Broseph I'm going to punch you in the face or mayhaps I might even punch you square in the liver. I haven't decided yet."

Old Post Jan 16th, 2013 12:23 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Originally posted by Branlor Swift
This isn't about Hulk, Cap, Hype, or Shang-Chi is it?

It's about the horror that begins with a capital T.

I feel for you bro.

You see right through me bro.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2013 03:04 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Book 4 preview

different art now

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?...ew&id=14991

Old Post Jan 28th, 2013 07:05 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Not reading Hawkeye's new ongoing was a sin that I won't commit again.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2013 12:29 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

And its written by Matt Fraction, I hear its actually good.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2013 12:36 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Yep, it's pretty good actually, it goes to prove that when Fraction isn't making his characters headbutt everything he can deliver good stories.

I think Fraction was the one writting the Defenders also? That was solid stuff too.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2013 04:51 PM
the Darkone

Avengers 4 was excellent in my, book. This version of Hyperion could very well be the most version since King Hyperion, this new Hyperion survive two universe colliding, could be more powerful than Sentry, .. but we will wait and see in the coming months

Old Post Jan 31st, 2013 06:16 AM
the Darkone is currently offline Click here to Send the Darkone a Private Message Find more posts by the Darkone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I dug how Captain Universe's origin was explained. thumb up

Now I'm curious what 'the white event' is? It's certainly a power of cosmic proportions. On that note, I find it oddly humorous that Captain Universe(a black female) is facing the biggest threat/hurdle of her life--- and it's called the white event. Lulzers.

It's also kind of neat that they give you a master key to solve the Builder Machine Code at the end of the issue. thumb up x2

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Feb 20th, 2013 at 04:05 PM

Old Post Feb 20th, 2013 03:57 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

The White Event is going to bring about the Starbrand

Nightmask is probably from an alt universe, but I'm not sure if the White Event will bring another one. Maybe this White Event will only create the Starbrand... or Justice and Cipher

But yeah, if you want a good backstory for Hickman's work, read Ellis' Newuniversal. You should find all the answers you're looking for.

Last edited by One Big Mob on Feb 20th, 2013 at 10:45 PM

Old Post Feb 20th, 2013 10:42 PM